• You cannot reply to this topic

Flatline barrel my review (98c) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Mamon 

• Coming to a Flank near you
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Mamon

Post icon  Posted 06 June 2005 - 11:01 AM

What convinced me to get this product were all the reviews stating how this barrel gave your marker far more range than any other barrel. So I dished out the $120 and got to work on putting it on. Now, I have no technical/mechanical competence whatsoever, and putting the barrel system on my gun was quite a headache, but alas I got it on.

First day out I took it out just to shoot it and see what I got. It definitely shot a lot farther than any barrel I had ever seen(using Marballizers). My friend and I stood next to each other and fired at the same time(he shot a Spyder Xtra) and the Flatline shot kept going way after his had already dropped, I'd say double the distance. But my shots were curving to the right a lot, and even that wasn't consistent at all. I went back home with mixed feelings.

Next time we played was game day. The Flatline's accuracy was all to hell. It would curve up, down, left, right, it was going everywhere except where I was aiming. Even the range was bad compared to the stock barrel. I went home that day swearing that I'd sell my Flatline as soon as I could. Everybody kept telling me "see, you should've just gone with a prog, etc."

So I was moping around town that week trying to figure out my barrel. I went online and did more research, and found a lot of people with similiar complaints, and there was always people responding saying "You need to make sure your barrel is properly aligned, at the right velocity, shooting the right paint, make sure it's clean". I thouht I'd try these things and use my Flatline one more game. I made sure the barrel was perfectly centered, made sure it was squeaky clean, and the next time around I didn't carelessly stick my barrel in dirt anymore.

Well the results were amazing. I was shooting in a perfect line, accurate at distances that normal markers would have trouble reaching while long-balling. The barrel shot perfectly that day, it was unbelievable. Nobody talked crap abou the Flatline since then.

So, in retrospect, in order for the Flatline to work, you need to make sure it is aligned EXACTY right, at the proper velocity(around 280fps), and keep it very clean. Even a small amount of dirt in the barrel or porting will foul it all to hell. Also, keep in mind that the barrel is quite long/heavy so if you're a light-rifleman/medium-rifleman, it's probably not the right barrel for that position. It's a little unwieldy to be running really fast with it and doing all the moves that the close-up positions need to do. It's also not a quick-change barrel, you have to take your marker apart to take the barrel off. Some people it's easy to do that, not for me <_< At any rate, it's definitely a very good barrel, especially if you play a rear-position lobbing a lot of paint at distance.

#2 User is offline   PB Ghost 

• I'm back!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PB_Ghost

Posted 06 June 2005 - 01:09 PM

amen,

great post,

I find my baby is pretty loud, but with the rocket cock II its fairly quiet, about as quiet as my other 98c with its stiffi on (no rocket cock II)

another thing i sugest anyone who buys this should buy an electronic hopper because if you cannot afford to chop a ball, because you have to swab the thing like 3 times,

thats my 2 cents
Become a Str8balla (#67)
Member #11 of invisible text club!
MASSIVE GEAR BAG SALE!

#3 User is offline   nickg34 

• nickg34
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:nickg35

Posted 12 June 2005 - 08:45 AM

dont mind this
user posted image

#4 User is offline   branham700 

• im worse at what i do best
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2005 - 07:11 PM

nice
"No matter what we do, how clean we live our lives, we're not gonna survive this..." ~Kurt Cobain

#5 User is offline   A5flatliner 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:frankieg2010@yahoo.com

Posted 13 June 2005 - 08:33 PM

it shoots straight if u have ure velocity at the right place. one of my favorite things that the flatline does is that win a ball busts (wich is extremely rare for the a5) the barrel cleans itself out. one downside is u cant shoot as fast with a flatline

overall i think its a great barrel

#6 User is offline   grey fox 

• Theres something fundamentally wrong with a talking hamburger
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name: grey fox

Posted 20 June 2005 - 12:10 AM

Good Post A5 Flatliner. I am a huge fan of the A5 flatline myself, but I do have to disagree with one point- I have had and used my Flatline for a while and I always run with my E-grip maxed out, I have found that as long as I run fairly decent paint ( super swirl is as low as I can go as far as brands) I dont have a bust problem. So for anyone I would recommend it. I can't speak for the 98 flatline, I've heard it's difficult to perfect though
Ghost of Christmas Past from the future chicken...."Thousands of years ago when I survived the quickening"..........

Team Captain- Phantom Cell -
Warrior Poet
Maker one damn fine White Russian

#7 User is offline   Spuds_015 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Spuds

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:28 PM

If u tilt ur gun horizonaly with a flatline on it u can shoot around corners. If u tilt it too far the ball in the chamber will feed back into the gun.

View My Special Ops Brigade Page...

#8 User is offline   MadTaz 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:MadTaz

Posted 10 July 2005 - 08:20 PM

ok i have a tippmann model 98 . i just wanted to know if a flatline is about the same a any given 21 ich barrell is the flatline going to be a whole lot better than the 21 ich barrell or arpund the same

#9 User is offline   IceDagger 

• Boarder4Life
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:IceDagger

Posted 12 July 2005 - 01:32 PM

MadTaz, on Jul 10 2005, 08:20 PM, said:

ok i have a tippmann model 98 . i just wanted to know if a flatline is about the same a any given 21 ich barrell is the flatline going to be a whole lot better than the 21 ich barrell or arpund the same

*sigh* B)
Don't you hate pants?

oh ya Snowboarding rules!

#10 User is offline   98c HeadShot 

• UNBANNED!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Trogdor

Posted 12 July 2005 - 01:55 PM

MadTaz, on Jul 10 2005, 08:20 PM, said:

What the hell did you just ask? Proper english makes it easy for us intellectuals know what you are talkign about.
user posted image

#11 User is offline   PB Ghost 

• I'm back!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PB_Ghost

Posted 13 July 2005 - 08:40 AM

i think he ment will the 21 inch make it go farther,

NO the flatline makes it go alot farther,

21" is gonna be more accurate but and half the distance of any NORMAL barrel including the stock one!

flatline over 21" all the way, besides its not so much the length of the barrel but the type of barrel
Become a Str8balla (#67)
Member #11 of invisible text club!
MASSIVE GEAR BAG SALE!

#12 User is offline   HitMan-98 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 July 2005 - 11:29 PM

after shooting 2 different guns that have this barrel atached to them , I have to say that I am impressed with it , and am planning on buying one asap. ;)

#13 User is offline   The Judge 

• Deranged Bystander
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:A-5 Assassin

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:43 AM

Anybody wanna sell me one? lol
TAW Paintball: The best Scenario ball in the west! / Join Pumpers of America

The Sabre isn't "slashing and stabbing" so much as perpetually poking the enemy until they make a mistake. - Flakk

Sling mud and argue for my entertainment

#14 User is offline   MaDKoW 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:/\/\aD Ko\/\/

Posted 10 August 2005 - 02:05 PM

lol u got ripped you can buy them for 100 at xtremez.com, im thinking about getting one... you should get your flatline pro installed its probly shooting crooked cuz its not on straight

#15 User is offline   JOHNNYGUNN 

• JOHNNYGUNN
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:~I*C*E~

Posted 08 September 2005 - 10:43 AM

If you play sniper only, utilize a 12- 14 inch. If your into playing multiple roles, utilize the 8.5inch flatline for A-5, just choose your paint carefully, some brands of paint a a brittle shell. out of 1500 rounds ive had one ball break, but i think it was due to me holding onto the response trigger unloading a whole hopper at once. all i had to do to clean the barrel was loosen off , yes loosen off 2 hex boltsthe barrel pulls off quicker than a tight threaded barrel run the squeggee through and screw back on tighten 2 hex it was done. At long range the 8.5 inch flatline usually hooks to the right a bit but the ball floats its ther than its in your face. most barrels cant shoot as long and far as a flatline. 100 yards for an average 12-14 inch. flatline 8.5inch 150yards. its not highly accurate at that range but other barrels cant even think of shoting that far. the other thing with a 8.5 inch flatline is use air, and make slight adjustments to the barrel either turning it slightly left or right before you tighten it down. that way you can use the slight hook it has developed over 100yards. Have fun i do own a 14 inch dye excel its an accurate barrel and i love it, but it sucks when your trying to do snap shots or crawl through the bush it catches everything and if somone sneaks up on you you cant turn around very fast cause the barrel cathes every twig ther is. so if your a 100% dedicated sniper go for the long barrel to poke through the under brush and carry a side arm, if you like to mix it up a bit and utilize the A-5 8.5 inch flatline its more accurate as hell compared to other barrels under 12 inchs, and it looks sweet.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users