Special Ops Paintball: Secondary Weapon - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Secondary Weapon secondary weapon for daggers Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Secondary Weapon (77 member(s) have cast votes)

What other weapon do you, dagger, carry around?

1. Grenades (26 votes [27.96%])

Percentage of vote: 27.96%

2. Pistol (35 votes [37.63%])

Percentage of vote: 37.63%

3. Nothing (32 votes [34.41%])

Percentage of vote: 34.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   gringo_kills_all 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BIG_RED

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:32 PM

I use G-nades because I dont have the money to buy a pistol right now

If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!
Just because I am point doesn't mean I'll get you killed, I'll lead you to victory. Now follow me!

#2 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:07 PM

Grenades AND pistol...

"Its better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it."

#3 User is offline   SFC. Connell 

• *Extreme Strategist*
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SFC. Connell

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:14 PM

Well I usually carry nades, but I recently (yesterday) MODed my MR-1 into a pistol so that will also be by my side for when the heat is on
Feedback

She faked a funeral so people would come visit?
ROFLMAO That's both terrible and hilarious at the same time.-Pirate

#4 User is offline   Bielerga 

• The Chemist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Seaspray

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:29 PM

There is no reason for a dagger to have a secondary weapon in my opinion. Especially one that usually runs in squads. Lets be honest for a second, the only situation where you need a secondary weapon is incase you first one breaks. Now I know that my marker has broken on me once in the middle of winter and it was just the stock. With proper marker care nothing should happen, the JCS stock was just not built well. Anyways so since that will be lets say twice a year (I go to the field probably more than once a week if you calculate it out having a pistol is extremely inefficent. Now for big games, grenades can come into play I've used them before but not very often. So I put nothing, but on certain big games I have been known to use grenades.
I am an arms dealer, fitting you with weapons in the form of words

BLOOD FEST OCT 27TH HALLOWEEN BIG GAME Oh,IN,KY Teams

#5 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2007 - 04:35 PM

QFT /\/\/\/\

like he said, thye shouldnt have anything because theyre suppost to be light riflemen. if you give them a bunch of stuff to carry, then its gonna slow them down
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#6 User is offline   mrwaterbuffalo 

• still lives with his parents
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mrwaterbuffalo

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:59 AM

Right now just 'nades, but hopefully I will have a squall soon :rolleyes: I will have it before D-Day next year (hopefully)!
Still misses DoN ;_;
All my friends are mods now

#7 User is offline   stryker2-1 

• Stryker
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:98c_for_hire

Posted 27 July 2007 - 01:13 AM

i agree that they should technically have a secondary, maybe A grenade, but that should be it...they need to go as light as possible without anything thats gonna drag them down...now when ya start talkin meduim riflemen, then it opens up a lot more "capability" i guess you could call it... a sidearm and/or nades would most definately fit that spot much better

#8 User is offline   DZ Unit-1 

• Cacophony Pony
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DZ Unit-1

Posted 27 July 2007 - 02:43 AM

i modified one of my rt a-5's into a smg
with the shorter barrel, the gun kicks like a son of gun
looking to dual wield 2 someday soon
Posted Image
"and DZ, I love that pic so much. If you were a girl, and not just a dude who looked like a girl, I would kiss you." mrwaterbuffalo, 1:17 AM "DZ, what are you?" -SnV- "He are legend." -Veritech Squad-

#9 User is offline   Florentine 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2007 - 10:22 AM

but why would you want a grenade? if your close enough to have a grenade hit them when thrown, then why dont you jsut use your main gun. i think the pistol would be more efficient than a grenade
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

#10 User is offline   Bielerga 

• The Chemist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Seaspray

Posted 27 July 2007 - 10:29 AM

I will admit that out of the 4 or 5 times I've thrown a grenade they have only really worked well twice. Basically I was in a tower and heard people under me plotting. I threw the grenade down on the ground and got them all out. Again though, another rare circumstance. But 1 grenades weighs a lot less than one pistol.
I am an arms dealer, fitting you with weapons in the form of words

BLOOD FEST OCT 27TH HALLOWEEN BIG GAME Oh,IN,KY Teams

#11 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:03 AM

View Postflorentine, on Jul 27 2007, 10:22 AM, said:

but why would you want a grenade? if your close enough to have a grenade hit them when thrown, then why dont you jsut use your main gun. i think the pistol would be more efficient than a grenade

The real trick with grenades is figuring out the best circumstances to use them properly. They are especially usefull when you have an opponent who is in relatively close range, but out of the direct line of fire - hunkered down in a foxhole/trench, behind a barricade, etc. Also handy for tossing into bunker windows or around corners. They can also be used defensively, since you can lob them over whatever cover you are hiding behind into a wave of rushing attackers without exposing yourself to enemy fire.
I find that grenade kills are fairly uncommon, but REALLY satisfying... :rolleyes:

#12 User is offline   Florentine 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2007 - 08:42 PM

View PostBielerga, on Jul 27 2007, 10:29 AM, said:

I will admit that out of the 4 or 5 times I've thrown a grenade they have only really worked well twice. Basically I was in a tower and heard people under me plotting. I threw the grenade down on the ground and got them all out. Again though, another rare circumstance. But 1 grenades weighs a lot less than one pistol.

i agree with that that the grenade weighs less. but to have the same about of ammo for the pistol and the grenade, thats alot of grenades. and i think the pistol would be better than grenades. even though thats my opinion
Feedback

#13 User is offline   Fenix 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2007 - 09:02 AM

i'd say both pistol and nades

98% of people on this forum will say that Tippmann pwns all. If you are one of the 2% that disagrees put this in your sig
Automaggot #116

#14 User is offline   toxic t0ast 

• If I cant dance, I dont want to be apart of your revolution.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:french t0ast

Posted 28 July 2007 - 10:40 AM

Nothing.

Sometimes at scenarios i will carry nades, but I dont have any place to hold them and they flop around when I run :[ (like the one on my side in this pic)
Posted Image

This post has been edited by french t0ast: 28 July 2007 - 10:41 AM

<div align="center"><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Representing the Hate five oh! (850-Ska-core)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.myspace.com/thespanx" target="_blank">The Spanx (Our folk/indie band)</a></div>
<div align="center"></div>

#15 User is offline   rightintheface 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 28 July 2007 - 11:46 AM

To me, both have their uses. To those saying secondary weapons are too cumbersome, I guess if 2 pounds is too heavy, maybe a bit of strength training is in order. Just my 2 cents. I can quite comfortably carry my little 2-pod harness, a Tib 8, and a couple grenades in addition to my regular marker. I move plenty fast. The idea is to eliminate UNIMPORTANT weight. If you use the pistol, think it's necessary, and can make it work for you, go for it. If a couple grenades help you bust bunkers, bring them! I think the most important secondary weapon is balls. You have to be able to completely sacrifice your body for the good of the squad, have NO fear of getting shot repeatedly (a month or so ago I took about 5-6 shots to the top of the head at about 15 feet), etc. As a dagger, I've gotten drastically bonus-balled as I took a long time getting off the field, just to give my scout a bit more time to sneak past cover and get to a better position. I think that's an important role for a dagger. You have to be absolutely ready to get shot, a lot. It's not good to always get shot, and I always try to stay in, but even when I'm out, I try to "use" it to my advantage. Things like sidearms and 'nades are tools. You're the weapon.

oh-something else.
Don't underestimate the benefit of using the grenade in the bunker to distract your target while you charge and bunker them manually.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users