• the door is locked now but its open if your true - Metallica
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:commander mike

Posted 27 July 2007 - 06:34 AM

View PostGuitarSlave, on Jul 27 2007, 02:59 AM, said:

View PostMr.Showtime, on Jul 26 2007, 06:50 PM, said:

View PostBuckfrenzy, on Jul 26 2007, 09:38 PM, said:

Isn't it illegal to have a paintball gun on the island? Just a question.

The island of Manhattan...probably should have clarified.

Good question, (it's not a crime if you don't get caught) answer yes, but you can have one as long as it is not black, silver, or painted camo. The police will confiscate your marker on site. The point is "on site". So long as your whipping them out in public (whipping anything out in public is normally frowned upon) & your not a victim of an illegal search (2 words search warrant) you should be ok. This is why it's hard for paintball business's to survive in NY. Your big money sales tend to come from scenario looking markers. How many yellow & purple markers can you sell. Not to mention you can get gear cheaper online.

P.S. Please don't think I'm against law enforcement. A majority of my players & family members are military & law enforcement. God bless those who put their lives on the line for others.

go with pink

..seriously... no one is going to take a pink gun away from you.

I don't know I saw a pink .22 before. :nododgy:
Posted Image
Friends dont let friends shoot .50 cal... - The Stuntman

#17 User is offline   Soul 

• -1 from the masses
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Almuric

Posted 27 July 2007 - 06:59 AM

I know what you mean, I have my own land so I can have private games, but I've set them up for a while now, and the turn out used to be 10-20 people. Now its 3-5, so many people quit, It seems like paintball is becoming the next fad, AKA, tell a chick you play the guitar, skate, etc. I know a few guys who don't even own their own stuff yet love to brag that they play paint, and they are hard core. It does aggravate me to an extent, but i really don't give 2 DOO DOOs, I know I play the sport because I enjoy it and not to use it as a social prop.

Carry on HARDCORE Paintballers, I salute you!

This post has been edited by Soul: 27 July 2007 - 07:00 AM

#18 User is offline   GuitarSlave 

• Moutain Bike Racer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:GuitarSlave

Posted 27 July 2007 - 01:33 PM

View Postcommander mike, on Jul 27 2007, 06:34 AM, said:

View PostGuitarSlave, on Jul 27 2007, 02:59 AM, said:

View PostMr.Showtime, on Jul 26 2007, 06:50 PM, said:

View PostBuckfrenzy, on Jul 26 2007, 09:38 PM, said:

Isn't it illegal to have a paintball gun on the island? Just a question.

The island of Manhattan...probably should have clarified.

Good question, (it's not a crime if you don't get caught) answer yes, but you can have one as long as it is not black, silver, or painted camo. The police will confiscate your marker on site. The point is "on site". So long as your whipping them out in public (whipping anything out in public is normally frowned upon) & your not a victim of an illegal search (2 words search warrant) you should be ok. This is why it's hard for paintball business's to survive in NY. Your big money sales tend to come from scenario looking markers. How many yellow & purple markers can you sell. Not to mention you can get gear cheaper online.

P.S. Please don't think I'm against law enforcement. A majority of my players & family members are military & law enforcement. God bless those who put their lives on the line for others.

go with pink

..seriously... no one is going to take a pink gun away from you.

I don't know I saw a pink .22 before. :nododgy:

lol, yeah i forgot about those... stupid powdercoating

#19 User is offline   Huff n Puff 

• Elite Sabre
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HUFF N PUFF

Posted 02 August 2007 - 11:25 PM

That sucks man, I've been having the same problem. My usual group has pretty much abandoned paintballing, except for 2 that are consistent. I might have hooked another person in, but I doubt he'll stay with us. I found a group a few towns over, and we've got together a decent (10 people) group going to various state lands in the area. The variety of fields has brought more people in.
Unfortunately, you don't have a lot of choices on where to go. And no matter how many people say they're coming, you won't get them. Only the people organizing the games are there (which sucks when you're the only one organizing). If you can find a closer indoor field, go there and you might find some people in your position.

A while ago I realized that more people go to places where they had to pay to paintball instead of going to another place for free. I don't know why, but after everything I've seen here it's true. Then I found 78 acres of woods for sale, and received an amount of inheritance money. Now the deal closes later this month, I'm buying rental markers with my pay from working, and the new middle school is giving me the pallets all the new furniture is put on, I'm going to be making many trips to Home Depot.

So if you can, build it and they will come, hopefully.

Good luck finding players. Remember, I'm pulling for ya. We're all in this together.
Elite Team 6 Rocks
Fire? Yes Please

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users