• You cannot reply to this topic

Would you be allowed to.. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MasterLint 

• The master of lint
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:MasterLint

Posted 23 July 2007 - 06:05 PM

Ok, in the middle of a game, my marker go shot. So I told the other team, "marker hit". From there, I dropped my 98C, and continued with my pistol. I then got yelled at by another player when I hit him with my pistol. He claimed I said out, and marker shot ment out. I was never told that I wasn't allowed to drop my main marker and just continue with my pistol. I've played on different team where as long as you said main marker hit, and then went onto a side arm, you were fine.

I just want some input on what other Daggers think on this situation, other then setting up those kinds of rules pre-game.

#2 User is offline   TREE FITTY 

• Time to get to business...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TIPPMANN6791

Posted 23 July 2007 - 06:10 PM

This is a situation to be pre-determined before the game even starts. If your marker is hit and the rule says "all hits mean out", you are out. No backup weapon can help the situation. If it's weapon is destroyed, than u can continue on. Otherwise, a hit is a hit, unless specified otherwise. I would of walked out personally, but it wasn't predetermined, therefore you are not in teh wrong.

did I die for a second there?...

#3 User is offline   Phantom Flanker 

• 10% warn for a year can't remember why
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:phantom flanker

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:32 PM

yeah next time ask a ref. that will clear it up. personally ive never EVER played a field that employed a marker hit= marker destroyed rule only if they eliminate you or not.
coming soon flashy graphics

#4 User is offline   Bielerga 

• The Chemist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Seaspray

Posted 23 July 2007 - 09:21 PM

Any shot on any equipment you are holding is considered an out unless stated otherwise. If you want to set up the rules in advance that you can switch guns on a gun hit or that gun hits don't count its ok to play on but by using your logic if you get hit on your vest as long as you take it off you can keep playing, or if you get hit in the chest and take your shirt off you should be able to keep playing. So unless you talk about it in advance, assume that you can't do what you did.
I am an arms dealer, fitting you with weapons in the form of words

BLOOD FEST OCT 27TH HALLOWEEN BIG GAME Oh,IN,KY Teams

#5 User is offline   thor69mx 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:00 PM

Heh the woodsball course here doesnt count marker hits (dumb I know). But our speedball course does.
IPB Image

#6 User is offline   DZ Unit-1 

• Cacophony Pony
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DZ Unit-1

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:09 PM

see, that's why i like barrage paintball
it is the only place that has the most unique rulez i've seen so far
such rulez permit a player to continue fighting after their marker/hands/feet were hit, however (for resurrection games only) if shot in the legs, or arms, you're immobilized, and have to lay down "injured/wounded" awaiting for a medic, at this point you're permitted to continue fighting from a fixed position, but the opposing players can finish you off
if shot in the torso, or head...
you be dead "out" lolz
check it out on
www.barragepaintball.com

This post has been edited by DZ Unit-1: 23 July 2007 - 11:13 PM

Posted Image
"and DZ, I love that pic so much. If you were a girl, and not just a dude who looked like a girl, I would kiss you." mrwaterbuffalo, 1:17 AM "DZ, what are you?" -SnV- "He are legend." -Veritech Squad-

#7 User is offline   8-Ball 

• The Original Elite Dagger. Original join date 061004, member #10
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:8 - BALL

Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:54 AM

Playing "marker hits don't count" allows/encourages players to blind fire, which is a safety issue . This is why your equipment is considered an extension f yourself and why marker hits SHOULD count. It also prevents arquements like the one you described where one player says you called out, and you say you called "marker hit". How many players, in the heat of battle, really hear the difference between "HIT!" and "marker hit"? Playing "gun hits don't count" is just asking to rain on somebody's fun, either in confusion on being out or worse somebody shooting something he can't see because he blind fired.

#8 User is offline   -Hoot- 

• Paintball, its not a game, but a way of life....
  • PipPip

Posted 24 July 2007 - 05:50 AM

View Postredleg_64, on Jul 24 2007, 07:59 AM, said:

It's perfectly fine to play "marker hits don't count" if you are with some buddies playing around at a private game, but on a public field, it's better to play with all hits count. It will save you a lot of headaches. Just make sure to clarify what the rules are before the game starts.

yay redleg saves the day and yes just to sportsman like i guess you should have walked out I've never heard of the gun desroyed rule so the other dude probably didn't either. always ask refs or the pwner for rules
My want list How to Ghille your mask,By Curly fryOfficial Commander #62, Official Broadsword #46

#9 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:36 AM

on my field, we play john wanye which is elbows down, knees down, and guns dont count. basically, real kill hits count. but i think that should count because if it were real, you gun would be destroyed and you would have a side arm to use
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#10 User is offline   Factor 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Factor

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:50 AM

Our local field is gun hits DON'T count ... they also have a strict NO BLIND FIRE rule
Personally i love it this way and don't like the thought of playing any other way
But as it was mentioned earlier everyone should be clear on the rule before the game starts

imo Gun hits should NOT be considered a player kill in woodsball/scenario
However it would make perfect sense to consider the gun useless for the rest of the game.

This would leave you 2 or 3 options - (a) surrender (:happy: use a sidearm if you have one © attempt sneaking barrel tap kills (simulates hand to hand kill without people getting too physical)
Digitally Dangerous: Factor this ...

#11 User is offline   tauman5263 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2007 - 10:00 AM

the field i go to has "gun hits don't count" and "no blind fire" too..

i only get hit in the gun in 1-2 games out of 8-9 games in a day, so it wouldn't be the end of the world if they changed the rules.

there is also a surrender rule where you can ask someone to surrender and they have a choice and another rule where if you stick your barrel into a bunker, everyone in the bunker is out.

my field is really strict on safety but isn't so much that it ruins the fun.

i think it should have been okay to use a sidearm as long as you made sure that everyone knew you had it.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

Content inappropriate

#12 User is offline   Trial 

• In the beginning, there was Jack...
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TRIAL

Posted 24 July 2007 - 10:29 AM

Did you ask the ref afterwards?

#13 User is offline   MasterLint 

• The master of lint
  • Pip

Posted 24 July 2007 - 10:32 AM

Yeah. The team I'm on now is really a rec-ball team that goes out into members backyards and just play, and the other team is, as they say, and serious scenario team, so I took that rule for granted(which was dumb looking back...). Lol, part of it was also me just excited because that was the second game I actually had my pistol(got tired of running out some something mid-game and then getting swarmed.), so I had no real problem with just dropping my marker and going with just my pistol

And another problem we have is because our team doesn't get out much to play, we all want to get time in and not ref, so most games we just have to trust everyone to be honest.

Thanks for the imput ya'll!

#14 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 25 July 2007 - 11:44 AM

If you had talked about it before the game, and everyone agreed, you'd be fine.
If you just decided this in the middle of the game, I'd tell you to take a seat too. Anything that's not in the 'Normal Rules' should be discussed before the game starts and agreed upon by the Majority of players.

Our local field doesn't count Gun hits (or below the Elbows/Knees), so that is what we're used to. It was designed to allow those new players that aren't good at playing bunkers to be able to stay in longer, but I've started using it to my advantage by shielding my head with my forearms or my marker. However, it's also led to some bad habits when playing other fields...
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#15 User is offline   MasterLint 

• The master of lint
  • Pip

Posted 25 July 2007 - 04:40 PM

It's not that I just decided this out of no where, it's just something that I didn't think of that different teams do different ways until after the kid started cursing me out. But I do see where you are coming from

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users