Special Ops Paintball: AWW MAAAN - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AWW MAAAN theras been other posts like this but...

#1 User is offline   Tu_Padre 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:West Staines Massive

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:28 PM

Ok, heres the deal. I recently broke my wrist and got the cast off like a few weeks ago, then the day after I go on vacation and there I broke my ankle. This has now healed but I'm not supposed to runon it for like 2 more weeks. I'm supposed to go play paintball but... yeah, theres that tiny problem. I can run on it and since I play commander I have a choice of running or not. do yall think its safe or is there a chance I can rebrake it.

At least I could play paintball with the cast on my wrist (although it looked funny b/c I taped a plastic cup over it to protect the sigs of a few braves players I met at a little league field, lol)

Group:banned #16 Feedback: SpecOps +14/-0 MCB: +2/-0

#2 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:31 PM

You did post this in the safety section and not tactics or general discussions. So I think you know what to do - remember it's your ankle and not ours.

Ref is also an option.

This post has been edited by slinkyaroo: 13 July 2007 - 06:33 PM

#3 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:32 PM

Dont.

Theres nothing worse than leg injuries and if you mess it up again you may have problems for a lot longer than the two weeks...theres always more pb.

Peace,
UWANNAGO

#4 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:36 PM

View PostUWANNAGO, on Jul 13 2007, 09:32 PM, said:

Dont.

Theres nothing worse than leg injuries and if you mess it up again you may have problems for a lot longer than the two weeks...theres always more pb.

Peace,
UWANNAGO

You nailed it UWA. About 2 years ago I broke my ankle. It's never going to be the same. It'll always be weaker than it was and improper time to heal will hinder it more.

#5 User is offline   Tu_Padre 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:41 PM

man, I worked as a camp counselor the past week with 2nd graders jumpin all over me stepping on my toes as asking for piggy back rides (who asks for a piggy back ride from a kid in an ankle cast) to save for this and my new gear. How come I can't get my cast off and go like when I was little. Stupid growing.

You nailed it UWA. About 2 years ago I broke my ankle. It's never going to be the same. It'll always be weaker than it was and improper time to heal will hinder it more.

wow, that sucks, are were you done growing? because I'm hopeing that since I'm still growing that I should be fine.

#6 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:49 PM

View PostTu_Padre, on Jul 13 2007, 09:28 PM, said:

Ok, heres the deal. I recently broke my wrist and got the cast off like a few weeks ago, then the day after I go on vacation and there I broke my ankle. This has now healed but I'm not supposed to runon it for like 2 more weeks. I'm supposed to go play paintball but... yeah, theres that tiny problem. I can run on it and since I play commander I have a choice of running or not. do yall think its safe or is there a chance I can rebrake it.

At least I could play paintball with the cast on my wrist (although it looked funny b/c I taped a plastic cup over it to protect the sigs of a few braves players I met at a little league field, lol)

Well, you already have the opinion of a medical professional...are you looking for a sound and reasonable opinion, or just one that agrees with your somewhat questionable judgment and absolves you of a random act of stupidity? I'm sure the physician had a good reason for telling you to take it easy...he probably doesn't want you to end up being reinjured and crippled. If it doesn't heal up properly, guess what? The orthopaedic surgeon is going to rebreak your ankle. Just because you poll people here and popular opinion says, "Go for it, dude!" doesn't mean your ankle is protected by the strength of their lame advice. Maybe you should ask your Mom and/or Dad what they think...after all, it's their money and/or health insurance you're looking to abuse, in addition to your ankle. Just take it easy for a few weeks kid...you may miss a game or two, but paintball will be here when you get back. Take care. :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by Warpaint: 13 July 2007 - 06:50 PM

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 14 July 2007 - 12:05 PM

^^

Red I know a guy that learned the hard way...he was a moto rider and he kept breaking his leg...eventually when he got the clue to stop riding for about six months and let his leg heal..they noticed that one leg was about 2 inches shorter than the other.

Peace,
UWANNAGO

#8 User is offline   Tenacious221 

• ELITE Member, now with matching elite patch!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Tenacious221

Posted 14 July 2007 - 12:13 PM

2 inches? dang...

Yeah dude...don't risk messing it up more. If you break it again, you won't be able to play for even longer!

-Tenacious

#9 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2007 - 12:15 PM

View PostTu_Padre, on Jul 13 2007, 09:41 PM, said:

wow, that sucks, are were you done growing? because I'm hopeing that since I'm still growing that I should be fine.

Yes - I'm done growing. Now also arthritic in my left ankle. It buckles easy sometimes. I broke it dirt biking.

Even after the next couple of weeks I do recommend a wrap when paintballing or high cut boots with ankle support.

You'll heal faster than me but if you reinjure it you may be kissing the summer good bye.

#10 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Philipp122

Posted 14 July 2007 - 02:13 PM

Only do it if you feel comfortable with it.

If it was me right now, I would do it because I haven't played paintball in two months due to rain, and I am dying to play.

#11 User is offline   undeadmouse 

• Look! An undead mouse!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:undeadmouse

Posted 14 July 2007 - 04:04 PM

I say don't run on it. You can play if you want, just don't move around a lot.

Hide in shame from my lack of aim! - Pump Member 112 (It's been over 2 years, okay?) ...blah dropped to 54% shot efficiency.
I'm back from a long long long time of no paintball, drooling over markers older then I am.

#12 User is offline   thebostinian 

• SOFA Favorite Member Title 2009
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thebostinian

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:36 PM

either go in a tank (if you can), or play in a wheelchair. just cause it looks so sweet.

"Yeah, but a thread that started out as borderline weird and creepy to begin with has now taken a left turn into 'Deliverance." - Violator
Don't try to pronounce the second "o". Instead, try realize the truth: there is no second "o"

#13 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:37 PM

I'd play it safe and stay off the field. Maybe you can help out in the pro-shop, staging area, or chrono range.

I got out saturday after a month and a half off. Mainly because I was in the proccess of getting a new job and wanted to wait until I knew what my income would be.

#14 User is offline   Pilsburry 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:44 PM

View Postthebostinian, on Jul 16 2007, 09:36 PM, said:

or play in a wheelchair.

I like the sound of that, just have some guy push you around on the field as you tote a DT around.
IPB Image

#15 User is offline   Tu_Padre 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:55 PM

Wheelchair would be sweet. My neighboors have one from when he had a stroke...

W/E, I ordered some new gear and by the time it gets here I'll be fit to play so I'll just wait till then. Maybe whenI'm fine I'll use the wheelchair because it would be BA lol.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users