Bull pup Ion simple yet Awesome!

#16 User is offline   CERBERUS 

• Wicked Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:The Dane

Posted 08 July 2007 - 05:57 PM

View PostHeadshotPhantom, on Jul 7 2007, 07:51 PM, said:

You basically took the guy's idea and added some stuff to the shroud...At least give credit to the guy and links to his idea...

Here's the guy's original design.

Here's the guy's updated version.

The Thread on UMS.

i did give credit when i said that it was not my design. just my rendition. i didnt feel the need to go further being as i DID make modifications and im not just piggybacking. i havent even seen the updated one till now. i stated very plainly that i took his design and made few modifications. thanks for the updates though. ill change the opening post

#17 User is offline   CERBERUS 

• Wicked Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:02 PM

View PostEvil Fingers, on Jul 7 2007, 05:21 AM, said:

View Postmephisto221, on Jul 6 2007, 08:57 PM, said:

View PostEvil Fingers, on Jul 6 2007, 08:07 PM, said:

View PostTheDane, on Jul 6 2007, 06:19 PM, said:

View PostEvil Fingers, on Jul 5 2007, 07:53 PM, said:

Your diagram looks more like an A5 than a Ion.

that's because it's in no way supposed to look like an ion, and it uses an A-5 grip. naturally it would.

Good Point...but, Special Ops wont go through the trouble of creating one, since anyone can actually build their own Bullpup Marker by using an Airsoft Body Kit.

true but, it would actually be beneficial it S.O. if they did, most arisoft bodies are plastic and would break easily.

But the thing is, Special Ops can not build and market an Ion Bullpup Marker, because you have to remember the Ion is a Patented Product of Smart Parts and Smart Parts is the company you should be submitting your Idea too not Special Ops.

special ops has marketed many things for the ion. and they sell ions equipped with their products. im not saying that they should sell new ions, im saying that they should sell JUST the body for others to modify their own guns. it's like making a new body kit. and no, i dont want to use an airsoft shell cause they are generally way to flimsy and cheap. special ops means quality and that is why im here.

#18 User is offline   CERBERUS 

• Wicked Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:08 PM

View Postsenses fail, on Jul 8 2007, 12:13 AM, said:

yeah, you can pretty much do anything with ion internals.. go buy an airsoft gun.

no thanks. evil fingers already addressed that. i want something that is made to be used with an ion and easy to modify according to paintball interests. special ops is awesome at that and if they dont take it, there are many forum members who have the skills and means to complete this project very well. also, like previously stated, airsoft guns are flimsy, weak, and, rightly so, made for airsoft not paintball.

#19 Guest_SaltandVinegar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:13 PM

That's a good idea, except I don't like the french look of it. But that's just my taste, that's all.

#20 User is offline   Ghostduck 

• Quack! Quack!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ghostduck

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:13 PM

One of the things that would be a danger for Spec Ops to do is for them to mass produce a product that would completely eliminate the need to actually purchase an ION altogether.

The current blackcell line typicly works only with the existing Stock ION grip frame (Correct me if I am wrong) which necessitates a need for a person to still buy a product from Smart Parts. Once a company begins to manufacture stuff that eliminates the need for the original thing it was made for, then you get copyright infringements ect.. And smart parts is one of those companies that will whine when they aren't getting money for it.

The thing to do, is make certain that when making a system of this sort.. or "Add on" if you will, is to make sure that it is a supplement, and not a replacement.

I currently have some things on the table for the Ion Internals, but it also incorporates other systems as well. On the other hand... I am not planning on marketing it.. Remember folks... its not Copyright infringement.. until you plan to or actually make money off of it!
Proud Member of the Scottish Teabag Society

#21 User is offline   CERBERUS 

• Wicked Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:23 PM

View PostGhostduck, on Jul 8 2007, 07:13 PM, said:

One of the things that would be a danger for Spec Ops to do is for them to mass produce a product that would completely eliminate the need to actually purchase an ION altogether.

The current blackcell line typicly works only with the existing Stock ION grip frame (Correct me if I am wrong) which necessitates a need for a person to still buy a product from Smart Parts. Once a company begins to manufacture stuff that eliminates the need for the original thing it was made for, then you get copyright infringements ect.. And smart parts is one of those companies that will whine when they aren't getting money for it.

The thing to do, is make certain that when making a system of this sort.. or "Add on" if you will, is to make sure that it is a supplement, and not a replacement.

I currently have some things on the table for the Ion Internals, but it also incorporates other systems as well. On the other hand... I am not planning on marketing it.. Remember folks... its not Copyright infringement.. until you plan to or actually make money off of it!

that's a very good point. one still needs to buy the ion though if they want this mod, and its for the most part a mod for the avid player (in my opinion). spec ops appeals to a very specific crowd, but it's true that they are growing rapidly. of course since by posting here i give away any right to make money off of the product, i assume spec ops would handle that one themselves if they did choose to market it.

#22 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:25 PM

View PostGhostduck, on Jul 8 2007, 06:13 PM, said:

Thank You Ghostduck for Pointing Out the Obvious Reasons...props to you man.

This post has been edited by Evil Fingers: 09 July 2007 - 02:58 PM

#23 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:38 PM

View PostTheDane, on Jul 8 2007, 08:57 PM, said:

You basically took the guy's idea and added some stuff to the shroud...At least give credit to the guy and links to his idea...

The Thread on UMS.

i did give credit when i said that it was not my design. just my rendition. i didnt feel the need to go further being as i DID make modifications and im not just piggybacking. i havent even seen the updated one till now. i stated very plainly that i took his design and made few modifications. thanks for the updates though. ill change the opening post

I meant like a name or something. But what modifications did you make to it besides cosmetic ones?

#24 User is offline   CERBERUS 

• Wicked Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:47 PM

View PostHeadshotPhantom, on Jul 9 2007, 03:38 PM, said:

View PostTheDane, on Jul 8 2007, 08:57 PM, said:

The Thread on UMS.

I meant like a name or something. But what modifications did you make to it besides cosmetic ones?

well, i was working from his ORIGINAL design. which included nothing about:

- air source
- method of grip relocation
- longbow mags
- regulator within stock

i made virtually no cosmetic changes actually, so i have no idea where you're coming from. he also intended to have the ion internals be upside down, then modify the board and air lines, and then make his own new magazines that pushed the balls upward. not in any way what i proposed. AND, even in his modified design, he just switched to longbow mags.

i already acknowledged your first post and gave him better credit.

This post has been edited by TheDane: 09 July 2007 - 04:58 PM

#25 User is offline   CERBERUS 

• Wicked Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:44 PM

if anyone has the time and means to do this, or knows someone who does, please drop me a message. compensation will, of course, be provided

#26 User is offline   ghetto sniper 

• pirate
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:.50 cal

Post icon  Posted 12 July 2007 - 12:13 AM

View PostPhantom Flanker, on Jul 6 2007, 10:48 PM, said:

it would kinda look like a famas... personally id rather start off with the sp8 body if i did that because you could incorporate it in the stock frame.

its definatly an FN more like FN F2000

http://www.army-technology.com/contractors...fnherstal3.html

#27 User is offline   Apexius 

• The Omnipotent
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Apex

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:38 AM

It seems to me, that with enough brainstorming, skill, and material, that you could possibly have something good here. Keep us posted on the progress, if you decide to build it.
Your Mom wants to ride the Bull.....

#28 User is offline   CERBERUS 

• Wicked Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 12 July 2007 - 04:57 PM

View Post^Apex^, on Jul 12 2007, 10:38 AM, said:

It seems to me, that with enough brainstorming, skill, and material, that you could possibly have something good here. Keep us posted on the progress, if you decide to build it.

thanks. i will.

#29 User is offline   CERBERUS 

• Wicked Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:07 PM

View Postghetto sniper, on Jul 12 2007, 01:13 AM, said:

View PostPhantom Flanker, on Jul 6 2007, 10:48 PM, said:

it would kinda look like a famas... personally id rather start off with the sp8 body if i did that because you could incorporate it in the stock frame.

its definatly an FN more like FN F2000

http://www.army-technology.com/contractors...fnherstal3.html

i like that design alot. and it actually makes concealing a longbow mag way easier.

#30 User is offline   Pzippy 

• Future Pope
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pzippy

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:08 AM

Looks like the MA5B AR from Halo, sorta.
AO Search HEMOG

I WANT YOUR XBOX 360!

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users