• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:EPIC_Fox

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:56 AM

View PostThe Stuntman, on Jul 8 2007, 01:08 AM, said:

View PostIcevayne, on Jul 5 2007, 06:49 PM, said:

I think your taking the Special Ops dagger description too seriously bud

Amen...
I never like running a remote - its always getting caught in branches, and its harder to switch hands (at least for me - I know plenty of guys who really like them).
And even if you do go in for all the Spec Ops positions, Dagger is IMO the least likely to benefit from using a remote. I would suggest either ditching the stock, or usung a fairly deep drop-forward for your tank.

QFT!!!
Boss Paintball

#17 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:34 AM

i could care less about using remotes...but what I'm talking about is does anybody else notice that people think daggers "have" to use remotes?
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#18 User is offline   cooper128 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:cooper128

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:28 PM

I have been playing dagger with an A-5 on remote line and longbow for a few months now and it works fine for me. But then again like everyone else said, it's really up to you and your preferances

#19 User is offline   little_ben 

• Cowards die many times before their death
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:little_ben

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:53 PM

i run remote, you dont have to have ur tank on your gun, why would special ops put a tank pouch on thier dagger vests if you werent supossed to run remote?

#20 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 11 July 2007 - 05:19 PM

View Postflorentine, on Jul 8 2007, 02:34 PM, said:

i could care less about using remotes...but what I'm talking about is does anybody else notice that people think daggers "have" to use remotes?

My personal feeling is that the player should go with the setup that is best for them. Let's say you have a squad set up in two fire teams. Fire team 1 is the quick reactionary force. Fire team 2 is the ambush team. Both fire teams are comprised of a dagger, a sabre, a broadsword, and a commander. You have a dagger that prefers to use air on gun and a dagger that prefers to use a remote line. Who would you put where?

Myself I would place the dagger with the remote line on Fire team 2 since he will not have as high of a profile as the dagger with air on gun. The dagger with air on gun would go on Fire team 1 since he can be more mobile than the one with remote.

Basically a dagger does not have to use air on gun. A dagger does not have to use a remote either. All that is required is a set up that will enable him to have a low and tight profile.

#21 User is offline   MasterLint 

• The master of lint
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:MasterLint

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:23 AM

Dude, they give you the option so that you can choose for the situation that you find yourself in the most. but like someone said last page (i think it was Dark Shadow Hunter) just play with you marker out-of-the-box for a bit until you can decide what to put on it. I played with mine for two years before I changed it at all, and at that all I did was put the air tank forward because I knew I would be running lot.

#22 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Philipp122

Posted 12 July 2007 - 12:26 PM

The only gear specifics for a Dagger are: make yourself as light and nimble as possible. If you are at a huge scenario game, as-light-as-possible might mean carrying as much as 4-5 pods. As long as you are nimble and comfortable with the gear you have, and you carry enough paint, you are fine.

#23 User is offline   The Spartan 

• awesome
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Bbaldey

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:08 PM

See if you can borrow a remote and try it out in dagger position. If you like it, get it. Personally, i dont cause i move around way too much for it to be useful; it would just jostle around on my back and slow me down.

Official Dagger #9 _ Owner of a Limited Edition Gold Smart Parts Epiphany_ Christian Baller

#24 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:18 PM

View PostThe Spartan, on Jul 12 2007, 07:08 PM, said:

See if you can borrow a remote and try it out in dagger position. If you like it, get it. Personally, i dont cause i move around way too much for it to be useful; it would just jostle around on my back and slow me down.

That's a good idea...like the old saying goes "dont knock it 'till you've tried it".

-----

Its worth mentioning that I dont think remotes are a BAD idea at all - just not suited for Daggers.
Heavy Gunners, with their massive tanks & vast ammo loads, would almost certainly benefit from remotes. Heck, if I was going to lug around a 96ci tank & 12 pods all day at a big scenario, I'd want one too...

#25 User is offline   The Scout 

• Penny for the gurney
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Scout

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:13 AM

I think I'd use a remote if I used tanks still and had the money for a remote. Always wanted one and was going to get one for my 98C but then I switched to SC so problem solved for tanks...12ies ftw!
Official Pump Owner #98
"Maybe God keeps us on earth, just like we have beef farms for cows. Then, when we die he eats us... I just freaked myself out. Be right back, I gotta go pray"-Kook

#26 User is offline   rodney 

• Welcome to the Flying Circus
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:vane

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:23 AM

My question is a simple one. Why is a remote needed anyway?

Long gone are the days when we looped our remotes to keep liquid CO2 out of the valve.
It is far easier to switch shooting hands with no remote line getting in your way.
The line gets caught on every piece of brush... especially if you are trying to be quiet.
The gas-through stock might look pretty, but dosnt it serve the same function as a bottle with a no-slip cover on?
If it's a weight issue, why buy after market flair that adds nothing to preformance but adds weight to the marker?

#27 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 13 July 2007 - 08:21 AM

View Postrodney, on Jul 13 2007, 07:23 AM, said:

My question is a simple one. Why is a remote needed anyway?

Long gone are the days when we looped our remotes to keep liquid CO2 out of the valve.
It is far easier to switch shooting hands with no remote line getting in your way.
The line gets caught on every piece of brush... especially if you are trying to be quiet.
The gas-through stock might look pretty, but dosnt it serve the same function as a bottle with a no-slip cover on?
If it's a weight issue, why buy after market flair that adds nothing to preformance but adds weight to the marker?

It really comes down to style & individual preference. I think some people are just more comfortable with a marker that doesn't have a big 'ole tank hanging off its bottom. Iv'e noticed that some players who have alot of hands-on experience with real firearms seem to like the more realistic feel a remote can provide. They are used to holding guns in a particular manner, and tanks just get in their way.
There is more to a markers comfort than just weight - its how it feels in your hand, how it balances when carried, how it hangs on a sling, etc.

#28 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2007 - 02:42 PM

View PostThe Spartan, on Jul 12 2007, 07:08 PM, said:

i have a remote line already. i dont play with a remote line. i dont give a flying crap about me wearing a remote line. all i want to know is if people have noticed that they make assumptions that "all daggers have to have tanks on their guns"
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#29 User is offline   BlueDragonX 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlueDragonX

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:26 PM

I've grown a dislike for running remote. I find my movement is not quite as free, plus it's an extra level of complication.

Don't avoid using a remote cause you think SpecOps is telling you to. Use what feels most comfortable to you.

Ghost Recon - Chord Mag - E-Mag - Stiffi vs. C-Series
"Smart Parts, Debunking Sir Isaac Newton one paintball at a time." -Arstron (on AO)

#30 User is offline   drumboy 

• Walk by Faith not by sight
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Drumboy

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:32 PM

It depends on which marker I'm using I have to have a remote for my X7, That's the only reason I bought one.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users