• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

daggers and remotes Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 July 2007 - 12:26 PM

so it seems like everybody has made assumptions about daggers and they have to have their tanks on their guns. Thats what it has seemed like. But some people like me dont like to have their tank on their gun because of their stock. So im wondering if anybody else has noticed this "trend" that has taken form. They want to be a dagger so they try to be exactly like a "true" dagger. and not everybody has to have the air on the gun
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#2 User is offline   DaggerBurn 

• scratch kitty scratch
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kohburn

Posted 05 July 2007 - 12:45 PM

use what works for you. i don't like remotes and i don't use a stock - i use a custom drop forward that centers the tank under the grip.

#3 User is offline   trevor 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:revortay

Posted 05 July 2007 - 12:52 PM

Use what fits you if you pick up your paint ball gun and it feels like Excalubure its gonna work no matter how weird it looks.

Tippman owners group #35

#4 User is offline   Icevayne 

• orange boxes go here:
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Duke of Destruction

Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:49 PM

I think your taking the Special Ops dagger description too seriously bud

#5 User is offline   EPIC_Fox 

• filth.fm
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:EPIC_Fox

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:12 PM

I took this issue to a poll a while back, I dug up the results incase you would like to see some statistics.

http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...&hl=remotes
Boss Paintball

#6 User is offline   jmsiona 

• my milkshake
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JMSIONA

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:47 AM

i use a tippmann A-5 w/flatline.. dont like remote tho

#7 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:26 AM

Are you comfortable using a remote and playing dagger? That is the only thing that matters. I switch back and forth between dagger and sabre. I always use a remote. Part is because it is the way my marker is set up and part is because I am comfortable with a remote.

My advice to newer players is this. Just play with your marker bone stock for a while. As you play more you will know what you need to do to your marker. After you have been playing for a while and have your marker set up the way you want it you can then pick your position.

I will note that I am not a huge fan of the reversed mount air tank. It presents a nice big target on your marker. To me the idea of a dagger is to be light, fast, and present a low profile while doing so. I can't see how someone can have a low profile on the bottom of their marker when second largest area of the tank is pointed to the enemy.

#8 User is offline   06shocker&ion 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:06shocker&ion

Posted 06 July 2007 - 07:17 PM

They just made that dagger gun and setup so it could be lightweight, breathable and have the tank on the gun so the remote doesn't snag on trees, and they use compressed air for I think everybody knows why :D

But whats really is important is what is comfortable to the individual person. Its personal preference really, just find what you feel most comfortable in.

#9 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2007 - 07:52 PM

Didn't I just say that, but not in so few words?

This post has been edited by Dark Shadow Hunter: 06 July 2007 - 07:52 PM

#10 User is offline   Bielerga 

• The Chemist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Seaspray

Posted 07 July 2007 - 05:06 PM

You know I'm all for this "whats comfortable to you" stuff but the honest truth is whats comfortable may not be the best in the long run. Professional athletes for the most part all use the same gear, basic form and rules for how they are going to play with themselves and their gear. I'm sure a lineman may be more comfortable loosing 200 lbs but that wouldn't help him, and I'm also sure that a professional swimmer would feel better in a non-speedo but lets be honest... they do the things they do to be better at the sport.

So sure, you can play "dagger" with a remote line but if your in it for the long haul using the remote line will sacrifice mobility and thus you will be trading off feeling better for a day or two versus being a better player in the long run. The truth of the matter is that with the way lines are currently set up they do not offer any advantages to the dagger position.
I am an arms dealer, fitting you with weapons in the form of words

BLOOD FEST OCT 27TH HALLOWEEN BIG GAME Oh,IN,KY Teams

#11 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:14 PM

I think the mobility issue depends on what kind of stock you use and what kind of remote tank set up you have. If you use a vest that has a horizontal tank pouch and the remote line running along your dominant side you should, in theory, be able to maintain mobility.

Example: I am a right handed shooter. I would have the tank positioned so the remote line is on my right side. That would put it closer to my dominant firing hand. In theory that would enable me to switch hands easier than with a vertical tank pouch in the middle of the vest. Also I would be able to tuck the remote line under my elbow easier to prevent it from snagging on something when I am making a run and gun movement.

#12 User is offline   Bielerga 

• The Chemist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Seaspray

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:49 PM

I agree with you that in theory it makes it much better. I guess I should have thrown out the idea that terrain does effect this as well. If your playing in the desert or mostly low density woods will make for less vegetation to grab on to your remote. However it can still be restrictive while running. As for the whole "switching sides" with a remote the tighter you make the line to reduce the chances of snags the harder it is to switch shooting sides.
I am an arms dealer, fitting you with weapons in the form of words

BLOOD FEST OCT 27TH HALLOWEEN BIG GAME Oh,IN,KY Teams

#13 User is offline   tubby ted 

• stick it to the man
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tubby ted

Posted 07 July 2007 - 09:39 PM

i think remotes really make it easier to carry your gun. i think you can get romote covers if it is getting snaged on the brush. however, it is really your decision
"The speakers on the outside are a nice touch... soundtrack to the mayhem"-I.K.E
"Only someone too bloody stupid to tell the difference between a cat & a fish would ever join PETA anyway...." -The Stuntman
Music is like candy... You should always throw away the rappers
VIVA LA CHRISTMAS REVOLUTION!

#14 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2007 - 09:51 PM

It seems we are developing a pattern here. The same pattern as rifled barrels and a paintball sniper.

Well with everything that has been said I have one more thing to add. Take a look at how you play. You may have to get someone to video tape you to get a real good look. Look at when using a remote will be to your advantage and when it will be a disadvantage. Do the same with air on gun. You will have to look at drop forwards and reversed tank with air on gun. If remote has more advantages than air on gun go with remote. The same applies with air on gun.

Here is a rough example: Player A is in an area with a lot of dense brush in and around it. He constantly finds himself going through the brush. A remote will not benefeit him because of this. Player B is in an area with very little brush. He finds he can run quicker when his tank is on his back. Air on gun will not benefeit him because it slows him down.

#15 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:08 PM

View PostIcevayne, on Jul 5 2007, 06:49 PM, said:

I think your taking the Special Ops dagger description too seriously bud

Amen...
I never like running a remote - its always getting caught in branches, and its harder to switch hands (at least for me - I know plenty of guys who really like them).
And even if you do go in for all the Spec Ops positions, Dagger is IMO the least likely to benefit from using a remote. I would suggest either ditching the stock, or usung a fairly deep drop-forward for your tank.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users