• You cannot reply to this topic

My pet peeves. for newbies and not so newbies Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

#61 User is offline   kamikazepaintballer 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:kamikazepaintballer

Posted 21 September 2007 - 10:43 PM

I agree with everything mentioned in this thread, all I would like to add is, if you are new (or a veteran player) don't be upset if you get dominated by a good team (it happens to me but I use it as a learning experience instead of complaining about it). You don't learn by going out with the same group of people everyday and killing them, you learn from loses. Instead of complaining open your eyes and pay attention to how the other team moves, you will learn new strategies this way. Also, never assume you know it all (or even that you know enough), I have been playing for a little over seven years now and I am still learning new things, just be polite, patient, and respectful. Oh, and have fun.

If We Cant Do It, It Doesn't Need To Be Done!
SM: F. T. P.

#62 User is offline   j0k3r 

• my own minion
  • PipPip

Posted 23 September 2007 - 12:04 PM

Don't paint your gun with really random ugly and useless colors and say it's camo.
Put some effort into it and digi camo if you want you can get stencils you know.

#63 Guest_bumpnrunone_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:12 PM

at one of my local feilds, the veterans like to try and intimidate newbies by screaming YOUR OUT, YOUR OUT. dont fall for this. also dont do it yourself unless you are positive that the person is hit.also if your out in the middle of the game or even still in, STAY QUIET. lastly dont take mile long shots, you simply wont make them accuratley. wait until your pretty close, but dont shoot em too close. move after you shoot also.

#64 User is offline   sammsamuels 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:heavyhunter51

Posted 30 September 2007 - 10:28 AM

i was playing a sanerio game one day and i was using my cci phantom and i was kicking butt and this retard came up to me i knew he was a noob because of his stance and how he was moving areound and every thing he had was rental and he starts making fun of me cause i had a pump gun and i was like i dont care what you say im still better then you by a long shot so some eneys started to closin on us and help was to far to be able to come and all i had of help was that stupid noob and my trusty sidekick (cci phantom) and then i checked my stuff see if i had enough ammo for a flank so i left i told the noob to stay and hold the ground and wait for help he did. 2 minuts later he was out so i was left alone and like 30 other ppl i radio in for help but noone can come cuz they were stuck in some other battle in the city so i was alone no thanks to that noob and i shot one of the guys but they had a medic so that didnt do much exept the idea that they were being watched and later i hear shooting sounds from behind me i look back it one of own team snipers :panzer: i was like thank the lord so we came up with a quick plan he whould stay and take out the ppl with the more experiance and the medics i got to the other side and told him on the radio so then we moved in on them we just stood up and lay waiste few moments their was one of on guy left i took the shot it was the last shot on my loader and on my CO2 cartrige it was my best moment in paintball and best experince with my phantom and first time playing with a sniper with me we took back the post and the other ppl on our team took the city some came to the the post i took to defend it so we can go back to our HQ to get some ammo and air and go back but this time i went to the city were i meet some ppl in out team. we held waves and waves of enemys he held those ruins in the city and and our snipers were on top of the buildings and then one of our tanks :panzer: showed up and took out the othe enemy tank that was almost taking the city the ppl that had the law rocket launches didnt have any rockets left their were a few other noobs but we held those ruins till they gave up and that was my finest hour! B)

#65 User is offline   P V 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 04 October 2007 - 06:08 PM

1. don't complain that my gear is better than yours and that's why you lost

2. you own a cocker, learn to time it,,,, tired of waiting to start a game while you sit on the side lines randomly turning wrenches.

3. if you get shot, don't check to see if the ball broke before you decide if you were "hit" ... its the same as wiping,, if it was a clean hit, be honest.

4. don't tell me that case of paint you just stole from me is yours, you'll just end up with a 2nd black eye.

i have left these forums do to unequal moderation, please feel free to email/MSN me for all communication

#66 User is offline   CaptainGuevara 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 11 October 2007 - 12:09 PM

One of my pet peeves is when people refuse to play anyone that can beat them. Playing a groups of first-timers every once and a while is always loads of fun, but people refusing to play any experienced players are very annoying. I notice this mostly in players that are in between the "newb" stage and the "almost veteran" stage.

http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=107904

THIS WILL BE PAWNED IF NOT SOLD IN THREE WEEKS!!!!! I WILL PROBABLY ACCEPT LOW OFFERS!!!!
GREAT MARKER!!!

#67 User is offline   ProX 

• My primary hobby...
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 October 2007 - 08:14 PM

View PostP V, on Oct 4 2007, 08:08 PM, said:

2. you own a cocker, learn to time it,,,, tired of waiting to start a game while you sit on the side lines randomly turning wrenches.

3. if you get shot, don't check to see if the ball broke before you decide if you were "hit" ... its the same as wiping,, if it was a clean hit, be honest.

4. don't tell me that case of paint you just stole from me is yours, you'll just end up with a 2nd black eye.

While I understand the concept, the rules are contrary to that... Am I correct??? No paint = still in the game. So if you check, you are still playing a "clean game" right?

I'm very new to this sport. I played my first game at a bachelor party and I admit that I am hooked. It was outlaw woods ball at a homemade field. We played 3 hits = dead... There was an instance where I was lit up from far away. Was hit.... I don't know... 4-6 times. I put my hands up and left the field. It was then I realized that not one ball broke (due to the distance). I still honored the hits and my call though. But I still ask, are you out, or do you hit the deck (or cover) and check your self over then continue the fight or call yourself out?

I just ask this for clarification. That's all.

This post has been edited by ProX: 13 October 2007 - 08:16 PM

I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other.

"Never play AGAINST your wife on her first day paintballing. Wife gets beat = no more nookie"
Mark that quote down... very important.

When I did tech support for Dell a call came in about a laptop that wasn't working right. The guy insisted that the bullet holes in had nothing to do with the boot issues... -Puzuma

#68 User is offline   NAM 

• future property of the USMC
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:NAM

Posted 19 October 2007 - 06:56 PM

if someone grabbed the gun from my hads without asking to use it they would be going home with a broken nose(unless it was a girl than i would just complain a lot about it until she gave it back)

This post has been edited by NAM: 30 October 2007 - 06:02 PM

"Future property of the U.S.M.C.''
"92% of teens would drop dead if Abercrombie and Fitch said breathing wasn't cool. If your one of the 8% who would be laughing their butt off, put this in your sig.''
"if you are addicted to paintball, put this in your sig"
"if the first thing you would grab if your house was on fire is your paintball gear, put this in your sig"
"tippman rocks, if you think the same, put this in your sig"
98% of teenagers have tried pot. If your the 2% who havent, put this in your sig.

#69 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:09 PM

View PostProX, on Oct 13 2007, 11:14 PM, said:

View PostP V, on Oct 4 2007, 08:08 PM, said:

While I understand the concept, the rules are contrary to that... Am I correct??? No paint = still in the game. So if you check, you are still playing a "clean game" right?

I'm very new to this sport. I played my first game at a bachelor party and I admit that I am hooked. It was outlaw woods ball at a homemade field. We played 3 hits = dead... There was an instance where I was lit up from far away. Was hit.... I don't know... 4-6 times. I put my hands up and left the field. It was then I realized that not one ball broke (due to the distance). I still honored the hits and my call though. But I still ask, are you out, or do you hit the deck (or cover) and check your self over then continue the fight or call yourself out?

I just ask this for clarification. That's all.

The fields I play require the paint to mark the player. If the player is not marked, the player plays on. This would tend to explain why players call for "paint checks" if they have been hit but cannot locate a mark. Also, the game is called "paintball" because we use paint filled balls to eliminate each other from play. If a mark was not required, we could play with harder, non-filled balls like airsoft players do. The only exception I am aware of in paintball is for players in ghillie suits, because the balls tend to bounce off or be absorbed by the ghillie.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#70 User is offline   ProX 

• My primary hobby...
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 October 2007 - 07:22 AM

So what is the correct way to paint check???

"Never play AGAINST your wife on her first day paintballing. Wife gets beat = no more nookie"

When I did tech support for Dell a call came in about a laptop that wasn't working right. The guy insisted that the bullet holes in had nothing to do with the boot issues... -Puzuma

#71 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 October 2007 - 09:08 AM

View PostProX, on Oct 20 2007, 10:22 AM, said:

You can check yourself, call for a ref, or for outlaw, ask a buddy...it pretty much relies on the honor system, especially outlaw.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#72 User is offline   Gam 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:[!]NS4NITY // [M]0TIV3

Posted 20 October 2007 - 10:08 AM

do not.

under any circumstances.

shoot with your eyes closed.

Playing with my yg, some kid was sitting in the way back shooting into no where, i was like DUDE STOP SHOOTING, [he was like at the net so i really couldn't walk around him.] so I walk in front of him and he starts shooting, hits me in the side of the head 4-5 times, and he starts saying, OMG I DIDNT SEE YOU. [i was 5 feet in front of him...]

#73 User is offline   ProX 

• My primary hobby...
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 October 2007 - 02:12 PM

View PostWarpaint, on Oct 20 2007, 11:08 AM, said:

You can check yourself, call for a ref, or for outlaw, ask a buddy...it pretty much relies on the honor system, especially outlaw.

More than likely I will just be playing rec ball most of the time (no ref), so is a player neutral when checking, or does he/she just need to find cover, check then call themselves out or keep playing? I know I'm being difficult, but this seems like a fine line to be walking - I just want to be clear.

#74 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:19 AM

View PostProX, on Oct 20 2007, 05:12 PM, said:

View PostWarpaint, on Oct 20 2007, 11:08 AM, said:

More than likely I will just be playing rec ball most of the time (no ref), so is a player neutral when checking, or does he/she just need to find cover, check then call themselves out or keep playing? I know I'm being difficult, but this seems like a fine line to be walking - I just want to be clear.

If no ref is present, you should consider yourself in play when performing a paint check, and seek cover. Even with a ref, some fields still consider the player in play until the ref arrives for the paint check. If everyone agrees beforehand, players can call a timeout (hands forming a T) while waiting for or conducting a paint check. Basically, in any game, the rules are what you and your fellow players agree to. In paintball, as in any sport, fair play is ultimately dependent upon the honor system, and good sportsmanship. In rec ball and airsoft, even more so, since there is no marking evidence (at least intentional) that remains on the players to indicate elimination. Regardless of our chosen sport or activity, we all need to remember our honor is never at greater risk than at the moment we claim to be defending it or our presumed reputation.
Posted Image

#75 User is offline   ProX 

• My primary hobby...
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:09 AM

Thank you for clearing things up!

Share this topic:

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users