• You cannot reply to this topic

New position. Grenadier What do you think? Rate Topic: -----

#346 User is offline   prophet_subgenius 

• Colonel, Team Slack Attack
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:prophet_subgenius

Posted 06 October 2007 - 08:48 AM

In WW1 the German army utilized a grendier that was seperate from a standard infantryman. The stormtrooper. Equipped with grenades, pistols and shotguns they specialized in breakthroughs of the enemy line at which they excelled. The problem came that the rest of the german army failed to support and follow through in a timely fashion so that the breach created was not exploited before the allied forces could seal it.

Interestingly enough when testing the grenadier position I experienced this. I would use a grenade or two and the appex and the team would follow through and we would have great success. At the scenario I went to recently, the side upon which I played for failed to follow up. I utilized rockets and grenades and blast a huge hole in the enemy lines that noone would move up and through. The opportunity for a route would be lossed and very little territory would be gained.

I think I included something about the grenadier living and dieing on teamwork in the position description.
Paintball is a game. Win or lose you still need to wash your camo. Winners just use less soap.

#347 User is offline   SKC 

• So Others May Live.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SKC 1.5

Posted 06 October 2007 - 09:00 AM

I remember this being asked about years ago, the reason why it would be ineffective is because, you'd be greatly limited in your "fire power". only having grenades and maybe a paintball pistol, you'd really want somebody actually guarding you so you don't get hit. having a dedicated "grenadier" is kind of stupid because of the fact, that everybody can carry enough grenades to last a nice long game and still have enough "fire power" to be effective throughout the game.
I proudly endorse:
Bob Long Markers - Empire Loaders and Apparel- Hybrid Apparel - Ninja Air Systems - VForce Masks

U.S. Navy AIRR

#348 User is offline   Ace-014 

• Back From Life (FCSN)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace-014

Posted 06 October 2007 - 05:57 PM

View PostSKC, on Oct 6 2007, 10:00 AM, said:

I remember this being asked about years ago, the reason why it would be ineffective is because, you'd be greatly limited in your "fire power". only having grenades and maybe a paintball pistol, you'd really want somebody actually guarding you so you don't get hit. having a dedicated "grenadier" is kind of stupid because of the fact, that everybody can carry enough grenades to last a nice long game and still have enough "fire power" to be effective throughout the game.

I'm sorry but, READ THE THREAD! We have had to say that to so many people.
Official SpecOps FC

#349 User is offline   Ace-014 

• Back From Life (FCSN)
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2007 - 04:39 PM

ARRGH!!!! This is ridiculis! Why won't they respond????
Official SpecOps FC

#350 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 11 October 2007 - 04:59 PM

I doubt they are required to respond.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#351 User is offline   PinDrop 

• Been here since the start...
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PinDrop

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:40 PM

I sent an EMAIL and I will HAVE a response within 67 HOURS LOL
Where is Zuma with that BanHammer?
You have to excuse Pinhead, bro...he has very little friends and he was raised by a herd of Mountain Goats. -EvilFingers

#352 User is offline   Ace-014 

• Back From Life (FCSN)
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 October 2007 - 09:50 AM

View PostPinDrop, on Oct 12 2007, 11:40 PM, said:

I sent an EMAIL and I will HAVE a response within 67 HOURS LOL

How do you know you'll get a response?
Official SpecOps FC

#353 User is offline   xessiveforce 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 13 October 2007 - 05:35 PM

I've read almost all of this thread,sorry in advance if this has been sugested already,but I havent seen it. I love the idea of the position. Something ive been working on is the use of grenades as artillary. all that you would have to add to the equipment list is a water baloon launcher. have tho guys hold the handles and launch away. this could scatter a lot of players, and also eliminate a few from a great distance.

#354 User is offline   PinDrop 

• Been here since the start...
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PinDrop

Posted 13 October 2007 - 10:12 PM

Because I know people at specops, They have no intention of pursuing this at all and the only area they look at are areas on this forum designated for suggestions...
Where is Zuma with that BanHammer?
You have to excuse Pinhead, bro...he has very little friends and he was raised by a herd of Mountain Goats. -EvilFingers

#355 User is offline   Ace-014 

• Back From Life (FCSN)
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:51 AM

View PostPinDrop, on Oct 13 2007, 11:12 PM, said:

Because I know people at specops, They have no intention of pursuing this at all and the only area they look at are areas on this forum designated for suggestions...

So will you post their response when they answer?
Official SpecOps FC

#356 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2007 - 09:11 AM

View PostPinDrop, on Oct 14 2007, 01:12 AM, said:

#357 User is offline   thebostinian 

• SOFA Favorite Member Title 2009
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thebostinian

Posted 15 October 2007 - 10:09 AM

doh

"Yeah, but a thread that started out as borderline weird and creepy to begin with has now taken a left turn into 'Deliverance." - Violator
Don't try to pronounce the second "o". Instead, try realize the truth: there is no second "o"

#358 User is offline   Ace-014 

• Back From Life (FCSN)
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2007 - 12:42 PM

SO PinDrop, whats the word.
Official SpecOps FC

#359 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Philipp122

Posted 17 October 2007 - 04:51 PM

Haha, go back and read the first page to this thread. Even Haon was thinking about flaming because this idea has popped up so many times. :evil:

Ok, you know I've read most of this thread; I've posted a couple of times in this. I don't think this will become a Special Ops position. It's great for a regular position and you should definitely use it at scenarios and such things as that, but I think Special Ops isn't really going to look into it because it's such a common suggestion and a first impression would be that it isn't flexible enough.

The first thing I used to think of when I used to see this position pop up a million times is that you would not be able to use it anywhere because of your limited amount of grenades. Sorry for bringing that up again. This position has been stretched and formed by you guys into a very useful position, but the Special Ops positions are really there to lay a baseline for the team, not to specialize in any one position. Pointman is a branch of Daggers, ghost flanker is a branch of Sabres, marksman is a branch of snipers, squad commander is a branch of commanders, etc.

I am not trying to argue against grenadier. I'm just saying what I think Special Ops's first impression is going to be. Besides, it's been weeks, you've all sent the e-mail (hell, I've even sent the e-mail by request from Ace), and they haven't replied.

Just my two cents.

This post has been edited by WardenWolf: 06 March 2008 - 06:33 PM
Reason for edit: Thread closed for: Necropost (Necroposts deleted)

#360 User is offline   Maverick_07 

• Go on....make my lunch...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:haon_07

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:40 PM

Amazing that this thread got so much attention and support and people still didn't see...it's been years since I been back on this site...so interesting.
My signature is......................SIGNATURE!

Share this topic:

• (25 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users