Special Ops Paintball: Canadians going to D-Day 2008 - Special Ops Paintball

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Canadians going to D-Day 2008 Let's get this ball rolling good and early. Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#31 User is offline   Digital Pirate 

• Commonwealth Expeditionary Force
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:DigitalPirate

Posted 18 June 2007 - 01:57 PM

View PostMarauder_Pilot, on Jun 18 2007, 01:47 PM, said:

Awesomesauce, Digital. Right now, I'm looking into the cost of a BC trip myself.

Why BC? Lol.

And yeah, if we could all make our way to Winnipeg or somewhere, it would be easy to organize everyone, I could try to find a hotel with a bunch of rooms, stay overnight or something and then head out on the bus. We could even get a game going at my grandfather's property, outlaw of course.

#32 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:18 PM

I'll be in the Yukon when the next event is, but I figure I'll be the only one in the Territory who wants to go. So, I figure I'll either fly all the way there, depending on how much of my flight I can get comped, or fly down to Kewlona or something and get a bus going from there all the way down.

And you're really trying hard for a Winnipeg gathering, DP. :P
Although, in fairness, that's not a bad spot to start. It's basically directly north of OK.

#33 User is offline   Digital Pirate 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:48 PM

View PostMarauder_Pilot, on Jun 18 2007, 02:18 PM, said:

I'll be in the Yukon when the next event is, but I figure I'll be the only one in the Territory who wants to go. So, I figure I'll either fly all the way there, depending on how much of my flight I can get comped, or fly down to Kewlona or something and get a bus going from there all the way down.

And you're really trying hard for a Winnipeg gathering, DP. :D
Although, in fairness, that's not a bad spot to start. It's basically directly north of OK.

Exactly, it's a major transport hub, it's almost dead center of North America, which is a good thing. I'd drive/fly somewhere if I had to :D'

And fly to Winnipeg! Bus it with us! Hahaha

This post has been edited by DigitalPirate: 18 June 2007 - 02:59 PM

#34 User is offline   Snake556 

• MTS: Delta co-founder. Commander and Sabre
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Snake556

Posted 18 June 2007 - 03:23 PM

Hey all. Odds are I'll be attending this one. There should be a group of GLCF members getting together to carpool down. Should have a good-sized convoy next year! If you're in Southern-Ontario (Ottawa, London, Toronto, etc.) join up at www.theglcf.com and let us know if you're in for a ride!
Sig removed due to rules Violation. Please review the sig rules located HERE
Over sized image

#35 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2007 - 03:35 PM

We should form a Canadian kilt-wearing unit. :laugh:

#36 User is offline   Digital Pirate 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2007 - 05:53 PM

Haha that would be weird...but cool!

#37 User is offline   Cassius Allanus 

• Your God
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CassiusAllanus

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:47 PM

View PostMarauder_Pilot, on Jun 18 2007, 04:35 PM, said:

We should form a Canadian kilt-wearing unit. :rolleyes:

That would be sweet, especially for me since I am part Scottish. I've also worn a kilt before, and believe it or not, it was very warm.
AIM: CassiusAllanus | MSN: Brendon.Allan@shaw.ca | XFire: enlighteneddespot | E-MAIL: Brendon.Allan@shaw.ca | ESO2: HG_CassiusA | Steam: cassiusallanus

The OFFICIAL Tiberius Arms forums are up!

#38 User is offline   Digital Pirate 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:48 PM

I'm part Scottish too, 25% :rolleyes:

#39 User is offline   Antaro 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Antaro

Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:05 AM

if you want to wear kilts, join the Company "C", Canadian Scottish Regiment. They wore it all week and in the games too. If you're Canadian, you join a Canadian/British Regiment. I don't want to hear or see any of our Canadians on the German side like in 2007. Cuz you'll be getting a beating from the guys in maroon (The Commonwealth Force). If you want to be in the thick of things, if you want to be on the front line, leading the charge, you join the 1st Canadian Parachute Infantry

Sgt. John "GOD" Phan
1st Canadian Parachute Infantry
"The Commonwealth" SPPL

This post has been edited by Antaro: 20 June 2007 - 10:07 AM

Sgt. Major, 1st Canadian Parachute Infantry, D-Day Oklahoma
Team Commonwealth, SPPL

#40 User is offline   Antaro 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:39 AM

So you know guys, I believe it was about 4400 players was there. If you're talking about distance, just remember that there are players coming from around the world. Next year we're expecting a group of Aussies from down unda to join the Commonwealth. The cost of the trip for me was about $600 CDN most of it was buying paint and new gear at the vendor ally and a bit of drinking every night(you have to be of age). So its not that expensive to go if you carpool and share on the cost of food. If you put away $60 a month until D-Day Oklahoma, You'll be all set. This would be for guys coming from ONT. Other provinces, the cost will bedifferent. We had a couple of guys that came down from Winnipeg. You can try to drive down or fly into Tulsa. Then have someone pick you up. If need be, I'll pick you up at the airport myself. Mind you it a small 2 door sunfire. I prety sure the Winnipeg guys enjoyed there time with us at our cornner of our campsite right on the main drive where we can see everything going on.

I usually go somewhere different for vacation every year. But I've decided to reserve a week specifically just for this event for years to come. I encourage you and all the friends you can get to come. It's not just a BIG GAME, its an experience.

Sgt. John "GOD" Phan
"The Commonwealth" SPPL
Team Commonwealth, SPPL

#41 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:55 AM

Thanks for the insight, Ant. I'll likely be renting a U-Haul vehicle to shuttle people that need it as well.

#42 User is offline   Ghostduck 

• Quack! Quack!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ghostduck

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:53 PM

Greetings,

For those that don't know, I am the Commanding Officer of "C" Company, Canadian Scottish Regiment (Can-Scots), and XO of the Royal Winnipeg Rifles (RWR).

While I do not know the Future of the RWR for 2008, I am 100% certain of the future of the Can-Scots. the Can-Scots WILL be back in 2008 at OK DDay. And I am hopeful, much larger in which we may be given our own regiment in 08!

Posted Image

There were only 6 of us in the parade simply because of logistical issues.. The majority of the Can-Scots are part of
US-SOCOM paintball which finished 4th at the DDay Qualifyer, becase of which, SOCOM didn't get off of the field until 15 minutes before the parade, hense only 6 in the parade. During the Big Game on Saturday, the Can-Scots were larger than any other individual Commonwealth Unit, with 28 participants on Sword beach ... (Once the rest of the guys finally made it from the hotel 15 minutes late that is :P)

I currently have confirmation that US-SOCOM will be back in its entirety with the Can-Scots for 08'. That automaticly fills all of the required slots for the Can-Scots as a Company. As far as a regiment, I have not been given confirmation with a "go-ahead" as of yet, but I already have verbal committments from several individual players, and the "Irregulators" from Eastern Washington State which has a total of 30+ players (Im sure that not all of them will be attending in 08' but it would be nice :D).. all which already wear Kilts during paintball play.

I whole heartedly welcome and encourage all of you that are interested in participating in the Can-Scots for 08'. If you would like more information concerning the unit, and the uniform requirements, please PM me here, or you can PM me on the DDayCommonwealth.com forums as well.

I have not started taking confirmations for the Can-Scots yet, as the Oklahoma DDay registration for 08' has not yet opened. Once that opens, and I recieve word from the DDay Staff as to unit allotments, I will begin filling slots. If the Can-Scots fills up quickly (which I expect may possibly happen) I will then refer all other players to fill up units throughout the rest of the Commonwealth..

Although I cannot divulge much in the way and words of Camping accomodations for the Commonwealth for 08', I will say that the accomodations, if finalized, will be much more "hardened" and much more comfortable than this years so thats just a bone to throw out there for those that are sitting on the fence. If you would like even more information concerning the camping arrangements or the Units in the Commonwealth, feel free to PM me.
Proud Member of the Scottish Teabag Society

#43 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:00 PM

Put me down for the Can-Scots regiment, Ghost! I'm all over that like a fat kid on a sundae.

#44 User is offline   Digital Pirate 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:39 AM

I got a quote back from Beaver Bus Lines for a trip from Winnipeg to OK City. And this figure is pricey:

They cannot do pickups in Ontario.

47/48 Passeneger Motorcoach: $10,685.00 plus Driver's Accomadations
55-Passenger Motorcoach: $11,755.00 plus Driver's Accomadations.

There is no doubt in my mind that going from Winnipeg would be cheapest as it is the shortest distance.

#45 User is offline   Antaro 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:18 AM

The Can-Scots did have a really nice setup at their site, thanks to their tiki torches, there were no mosquitoes. I've also hear of the possible accomidation for 2008 and if it happens It would be amazing.

Renting a bus is a good idea, no worrying about having to drive. You can relax and hang out on the bus coming down n going back. The only thing is you have to fill those seats.

What you need to do is to have the guys register for D-Day once registration is open. Then get their deposit for the bus. I wouldn't book the bus until you have 1/2 to 3/4 of the seats filled or the cost per seat is going to go way up.

Remember to register with one of the Commonwealth regiment

Sgt. John "GOD" Phan
"The Commonwealth" SPPL
Team Commonwealth, SPPL

Share this topic:

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked