• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Motorcycle Discussion Thread

#16 Guest_Buckwheat_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:25 PM

View Postmotoguy1251, on Jun 13 2007, 01:17 PM, said:

Id rather just own two different bikes but then again my bank account says otherwise.

I think we're in the same boat there ....

View Postdaddysmut, on Jun 13 2007, 01:13 PM, said:

View PostBuckwheat, on Jun 13 2007, 03:12 PM, said:

Well good luck with it, and drive safe when ya do it. ;)

I kind of like the new 4-stroke 250's more though, as they are getting more and more like 2-strokes yet still being a 4 stroke.

View Postdaddysmut, on Jun 13 2007, 01:09 PM, said:

View PostBuckwheat, on Jun 13 2007, 02:44 PM, said:

How do those super moto tires do in the sand and mud? i like road / dirt bike combinations, but the super moto bikes don't seem like they could do it in the mud and what not.

I'd rather get a Yamaha or Honda compared to a BMW, a lot less expensive and probably a better bike ...

the tires in the pics are all mainly street but the Avon Distanzia's are a good tire for both.

Yeah, I'm deciding between a dual-sport and a Supermoto. I don't know much between either of them, but it seems the Supermoto's are geared more for racing, while the dual-sports are actually meant for on and off-road.

Thinking of a 450 too. My dad had a 650 he used to ride in the trails (dual sport), but it was way too much power for the bush. You don't really need to be going 140 km/h when your flying past trees. ;)

actually, the supermoto's can do all that the dual sport can plus more. it's just a matter of finding the right tires. trust me, go supermoto....you will thank me later.

Hmm ... I'll probably put some thought into it. I need a license plate on the front too, but I'm sure you could do that ... I also wouldn't mind some signal lights, front and brake lights, etc ...

Add-on: wow, after looking at the size of some of those Dual-Sport, I think you might be right about the Super-Moto's daddy. What companies would you recommend? I wouldn't mind a front / rear headlight ... if at all possible.

Add-on*: Thinking about this too.

This post has been edited by Buckwheat: 13 June 2007 - 01:40 PM

#17 User is offline   Splat Pack 

• merc for hire
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:daddysmut

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:58 PM

View PostBuckwheat, on Jun 13 2007, 03:25 PM, said:

View Postmotoguy1251, on Jun 13 2007, 01:17 PM, said:

Id rather just own two different bikes but then again my bank account says otherwise.

I think we're in the same boat there ....

View Postdaddysmut, on Jun 13 2007, 01:13 PM, said:

View PostBuckwheat, on Jun 13 2007, 03:12 PM, said:

Well good luck with it, and drive safe when ya do it. :rolleyes:

I kind of like the new 4-stroke 250's more though, as they are getting more and more like 2-strokes yet still being a 4 stroke.

View Postdaddysmut, on Jun 13 2007, 01:09 PM, said:

View PostBuckwheat, on Jun 13 2007, 02:44 PM, said:

How do those super moto tires do in the sand and mud? i like road / dirt bike combinations, but the super moto bikes don't seem like they could do it in the mud and what not.

I'd rather get a Yamaha or Honda compared to a BMW, a lot less expensive and probably a better bike ...

the tires in the pics are all mainly street but the Avon Distanzia's are a good tire for both.

Yeah, I'm deciding between a dual-sport and a Supermoto. I don't know much between either of them, but it seems the Supermoto's are geared more for racing, while the dual-sports are actually meant for on and off-road.

Thinking of a 450 too. My dad had a 650 he used to ride in the trails (dual sport), but it was way too much power for the bush. You don't really need to be going 140 km/h when your flying past trees. B)

actually, the supermoto's can do all that the dual sport can plus more. it's just a matter of finding the right tires. trust me, go supermoto....you will thank me later.

Hmm ... I'll probably put some thought into it. I need a license plate on the front too, but I'm sure you could do that ... I also wouldn't mind some signal lights, front and brake lights, etc ...

Add-on: wow, after looking at the size of some of those Dual-Sport, I think you might be right about the Super-Moto's daddy. What companies would you recommend? I wouldn't mind a front / rear headlight ... if at all possible.

Add-on*: Thinking about this too.

Suzuki DRZ400sm it's bulletproof!!!

#18 Guest_Buckwheat_*

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:31 PM

I will be sticking new tires on it though, those things won't do me much good in the mud / dirt! But ya, I think that's what I'm specifically looking at right now.

#19 User is offline   Splat Pack 

• merc for hire
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:47 PM

View PostBuckwheat, on Jun 13 2007, 05:31 PM, said:

I will be sticking new tires on it though, those things won't do me much good in the mud / dirt! But ya, I think that's what I'm specifically looking at right now.

in it's stock form it's a pig. if you check out supermotojunkie.com you can learn how to derestrict it and really wake it up.

#20 User is offline   ImpLin 

• Undisputed king of FUNK
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Evan

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:25 PM

Posted Image

Careful, This hogs wild.
Legalize it.

#21 User is offline   Doctor Jelly 

• The only thing between me and hell is the floor...
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Doctor Jelly

Posted 14 June 2007 - 02:13 AM

Old pic of my bike

But I'm moving so I'm selling it and trying to find a used BMW F650GS in Portland...
Moving to Portland this summer, hit me up if you play in the area

#22 Guest_Buckwheat_*

Posted 14 June 2007 - 12:38 PM

View PostDoctor Jelly, on Jun 14 2007, 02:13 AM, said:

Old pic of my bike

But I'm moving so I'm selling it and trying to find a used BMW F650GS in Portland...

Nice, I like the look of it. (The BMW). How much does that thing weigh anyway? I couldn't find it on their website.

#23 User is offline   Doctor Jelly 

• PipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2007 - 03:30 PM

Wiki saves the day!

The specs according to Wiki are:

387 lbs dry weight (excluding options & accessories)

423 lbs wet weight (excluding options & accessories)

#24 User is offline   SHADOW_STALKER 

• Upgrade car! Now a '00 BMW 323i
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TexasMartin

Posted 14 June 2007 - 06:48 PM

Well my brother had a KX-85, but he lost it in our house fire a month ago, and today he just got a brand new KX-100
Now I kinda want a dirt bike, but the BMW's are too expensive (Im a BMW guy, check avvy lol) so i guess im just gonna have to stick with my Polaris 325 magnum...
Come visit the PUMP MARKERS SECTION! SpecOps Pump Crew - PUC #7

American cars are built for crappy drivers, good drivers can have German ones - friend of mine

#25 User is offline   P 1 IVI P 1 N G 

• Team Stealth Commander
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:P 1 IVI P 1 N G

Posted 14 June 2007 - 07:30 PM

I want a Kawasaki Ninja 1400. How fast would one of those go? I think the dry weight is around 470 pounds.

What about the same bike with a 650cc motor with a dry weight of 370 pounds?

-Andrew
Every time somebody shoots at someone who isn't wearing a mask, someone drowns a sack of puppies.
Every time somebody purposely overshoots someone, a dolphin is harpooned and eaten alive.
Every time somebody wipes, a family of bunnies gets run over by a Steamroller. That's why they have to reproduce so fast. Theoretically, that's how dinosaurs became extinct.

Team Stealth Official Site---HEMOG

#26 User is offline   Babylon 5 

• Long live Arrested Development
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Babylon 5

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:00 PM

Alright you bike nuts maybe you can help me out. I'm thinking about getting a dirt bike and was wanting some info from you guys on what you think I should get. Keep in mind that I have never riden one before and I am a big guy at 270lbs.

thanks in advance
Automaggot #78 E-Tac, DW Fibur barrel, Apache Ricochet hopper

#27 User is offline   Doctor Jelly 

• PipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2007 - 12:58 AM

View PostP 1 IVI P 1 N G, on Jun 14 2007, 06:30 PM, said:

I want a Kawasaki Ninja 1400. How fast would one of those go? I think the dry weight is around 470 pounds.

What about the same bike with a 650cc motor with a dry weight of 370 pounds?

-Andrew

Google and wiki are your friends, use them. In case you don't, wiki informs that Kawasaki puts speed limiters on their bikes now due to European government concern. This caps the ZX14 out at 300kph (appx. 185mph). The ZX-6R does about 265kph (165mph).

#28 User is offline   Frontier_Bill 

• Every day is a Saturday!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Frontier Bill

Posted 15 June 2007 - 01:02 AM

I currently ride a '89 Honda 600XL dual purpose. Love it. But I need a new one.

Team Rogue Cell #10 Founder and Alpha squad leader.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.

#29 User is offline   Splat Pack 

• merc for hire
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:32 AM

View PostBabylon 5, on Jun 14 2007, 10:00 PM, said:

Alright you bike nuts maybe you can help me out. I'm thinking about getting a dirt bike and was wanting some info from you guys on what you think I should get. Keep in mind that I have never riden one before and I am a big guy at 270lbs.

thanks in advance
crf450

View PostFrontier_Bill, on Jun 15 2007, 03:02 AM, said:

I currently ride a '89 Honda 600XL dual purpose. Love it. But I need a new one.

i had one of those. they're great bikes.

#30 User is offline   motoguy1251 

• Mustache Afficianado
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:motoguy1251

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:38 AM

View PostBabylon 5, on Jun 14 2007, 11:00 PM, said:

thanks in advance

Check into the 4 stroke models from yamaha. Im not sure if they still offer th wr models tho. They are tamed down trail versions of the racers. Big enough to haul you around but plush and easy enough to enjoy.
1Ill be on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snow storm!!
2Games: Americas Army, Battlefield 2,2142,1942,vietnam,Fear, CSS,Red Orchestra,DOD, Oblivion,GaryMod,more

Share this topic:

• (55 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users