Special Ops Paintball: how does this sound - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

how does this sound 98c sniper Rate Topic: -----

Poll: sniper marker (94 member(s) have cast votes)

what do you think

1. your crazy-good (8 votes [8.51%])

Percentage of vote: 8.51%

2. its alright (56 votes [59.57%])

Percentage of vote: 59.57%

3. i wouldnt use it (18 votes [19.15%])

Percentage of vote: 19.15%

4. your cazy-bad (1 votes [1.06%])

Percentage of vote: 1.06%

5. what are you on? (11 votes [11.70%])

Percentage of vote: 11.70%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 User is offline   MOOSE93 

• Fresh Prince of the W.G.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:MOOSE93

Posted 21 November 2007 - 03:42 PM

View PostBlueDragonX, on Jul 21 2007, 08:44 PM, said:

You won't be able to get a PPS Brass Barrel for the 98c for under $400. They are VERY custom pieces as the 98c barrel threading is, well, stupid huge. The only reasonable way to use a PPS Brass on a 98c is going to be with a barrel adapter.

But if you're going to play "sniper" I'd get a different marker entirely. That's my opinion, though.

Wait a minute here $400 for a barrel, r u kidding me?

#32 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 15 December 2007 - 08:46 PM

That was an old post. They didn't always make 98 threaded barrels and it used to be a custom job. They are the same cost as their other barrels now.

Sorry, just realized this was an old topic, it showed up as new on the forums.

This post has been edited by Piller: 15 December 2007 - 08:47 PM

Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#33 User is offline   Mr. Accurate 

• 2000 paintballs = 2000 players eliminated
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:beckett

Posted 15 December 2007 - 08:48 PM

ions and and the agd tac 1 are better
sr-ambusher"sniper" #21
smart parts owner#129
ion Q-bow owner
tippmann owner #14
- JAK -

#34 User is offline   MosinM38 

• Chris
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Snack-Pack

Posted 23 December 2007 - 10:21 AM

Wow, everyone is saying something different. I wouldn't go with a 98. You put too much $$$ into upgrading it. Tac 1's are deadly quiet, my friend has one. Anyways, barrel kits are nice, you're gonna want paint to bore match. I wouldn't go with a bipod, you're not going to be determining shots by inches at a thousand yards. If you don't have the cash for a barrel kit, J&J 12 nd 14 inchers are really nice. I used one for a while. Now I use a freak kit with a stiff tip front, on an ego.

This post has been edited by MosinM38: 23 December 2007 - 10:28 AM

Circumventing circuses, - Battalions of riot police,
Lamenting in protest, - With rubber bullet kisses,
To visible police, - Baton courtesy,
Presence sponsored fear. - Service with a smile.

My feedback: http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...amp;hl=MosinM38

#35 User is offline   NOOBIEJUDGE 

• ^^^ OH YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH
  • PipPip

Posted 31 January 2008 - 02:57 PM

This What i think you should do :16" J&J, Ritochet hopper, Remote, Rocket cock, bi pod, red dot( be carefull one of my friends has one and all he does is look though that thing and has no perifreill( spelling) vision) look at that for now.

This post has been edited by NOOBIEJUDGE: 02 February 2008 - 05:56 AM

#36 User is offline   weeebeep 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:weeebeep

Posted 01 February 2008 - 04:16 PM

might i insert that upgrading a 98 over time is not a bad option?

also, the lpk is incompatible with both a stock and the rocket cock 2... as it is a rear cocking kit. not too bad though as it does decrease your noise factor. spec-ops makes a t2w stock now that does not mount on the back of the marker and is much more compatible with the lpk. imma gonna get one.

for another noise reducing mod simply stick a rubber foot pad (for a computor) onto the front of the rear bolt (striker). it does cut down on the noize your marker makes by a TON!!! that should be the first mod as it is all of 5$ at your local office store and it quiets your marker down so much... thus increasing functionality. (trust me i've done this, it works beyond belief) (but the wood glue i used didnt stick too well)

if you are going to stick with CO2 for a while i recomend a palmerz stabilizer so you can use your lpk to its potential, then upgrade to hpa (high or low output) later on in life.

get a howitzer front bolt when you have done all else. havnt shot mine yet but i like the internal o-ring. gonna help my consistancy almost as much as that expansion chamber. (+-4 fps more consistancy i her.) (never had a velocity spike again with my expansion chamber.)

buy some sort of cool rail kit. this will help your markers flexibility as it allows you to add/take off items as the mission calls for it (ie: using a flashlight for low light urban games, or a night vision device late at night, or a laser to scare the noobs.)

bipods are really under rated. im getting me one as soon as i get that awesome rail kit i've been planing for.

lastly... dont listen to anybody tellin you to go buy a tac1. if you only want to/can afford to upgrade as time goes on that is YOUR PEROGATIVE and they have NO RIGHT to make you switch. do your own thing... i bet youll pwn more than these ignorant noobs could ever know.

#37 User is offline   NOOBIEJUDGE 

• ^^^ OH YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH
  • PipPip

Posted 02 February 2008 - 05:59 AM

:( I've got a bi-pod there nice to use. Don't get a laser if you go to any big paintball games they will make you take it off. :ghillie:

#38 User is offline   SimplyPaintball 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 02 February 2008 - 08:49 AM

I once had the exact same idea, get a 98 custom, and upgrade it into an amazing sniper marker. But trust me, DO NOT DO IT. Save up for a really nice, quality, marker (not that 98's are not), such as a PPS Blazer, or an AGD automag. I went from a 98 Custom, to an Autococker, to an ION, and now I am going to finally get an automag. Trust me, save up and you will not regret it.

Edit: I just read weeebeeps post a couple above mine. I guess I'm an ignorant noob :D

This post has been edited by SimplyPaintball: 02 February 2008 - 08:51 AM

#39 User is offline   weeebeep 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:weeebeep

Posted 01 March 2008 - 08:38 PM

ya know... the fact of the matter is it does work. ive been upgrading my 98 for 3 years! i should know, a 98 is an awesome platform for a sniper marker. and yes i have gotten a new marker too, a pcs usp. the fact of the matter is that tippmanns, due to the high avalibility of parts, is easily upgradable to any type of marker that can exist. have you seen that speedball 98? that one with the vertical feed? have you heard of the thousands of sniper 98's? have you heard of a hammer using a 98? have you heard of a sabre using a 98? have you heard of a walk on using a 98? its all on the market somewhere. if you want it on a 98c you can find it.

-(off topic): now im gonna get 2 t2w stocks. making an urban-god-marker outta the usp. rocking double trigger, q-loader or equivalent, t2w stock, antichop bolt, low pressure power tube, new bottom bolt, light spring, rails and a bottle of jb weld, and some constant air. im gonna make the switch to urban paintball as soon as i can. havent found a field yet, but whatever. the field i already play at is renivating the one field they have thats closest to urban ball so you never know...

and thank you that one guy who admitted to getting pwned by some guy with a 98c.

This post has been edited by weeebeep: 01 March 2008 - 08:38 PM

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users