• You cannot reply to this topic

Is it really worth it? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Haunted Hunter 

• Vanguard
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Haunted Hunter

Posted 27 May 2007 - 06:39 PM

Is there a reason you would hinder the team if you didn't wear the vest? I can see if you refused to use a radio. , Then you couldn't be in communication with them. But a vest? If it's a trivial requirement, like, we all want to look the same, then the team doesn't have it's priorities straight. Better off with another group.

#17 User is offline   Enzo 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Enzo "Stirner" DaSilva

Posted 27 May 2007 - 09:39 PM

Damn, Mate. That team just keeps getting worse and worse:
A) wear a vest (or anything actually) only if you want to! Of course there are pros and cons on it, but it's ALL UP TO YOU!
:dodgy: If they want an Uniform for the team then get some ARMBANDS or badges, there are many options.
C) Paintball it's already expensive! Enough with stupid fees and unaproved expenses!
D) That captain of yours sounds like a Totalitarist Dictator, can't you start a Coup d'Etat, a riot or a Rebellion?? Someway to overthrow that Captain???

Or even better, get out of that Team!!

BTW: You from Mexico?
"There's only two infinite things: Universe and Human Stupidity. And for Universe I┤m not sure"-A. Einstein

Enzo SpecOps MxMember No02

#18 User is offline   Guy In Digi Camo 

• The Forum Authority On Alaska- pm me if you have any ?'s
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Guy In Digi Camo

Posted 27 May 2007 - 09:58 PM

Dude get off that team, no reason why they should be charging you to be on the team.

and if their going by SPECOPS poistions then they would let you wear that belt instead of a vest.
Going to be in Alaska check out my up to date post where you can get your questions answeredAlaska

#19 User is offline   Tiberian 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 28 May 2007 - 03:50 PM

View PostEnzo, on May 27 2007, 09:39 PM, said:

Damn, Mate. That team just keeps getting worse and worse:
A) wear a vest (or anything actually) only if you want to! Of course there are pros and cons on it, but it's ALL UP TO YOU!
:D If they want an Uniform for the team then get some ARMBANDS or badges, there are many options.
C) Paintball it's already expensive! Enough with stupid fees and unaproved expenses!
D) That captain of yours sounds like a Totalitarist Dictator, can't you start a Coup d'Etat, a riot or a Rebellion?? Someway to overthrow that Captain???

Or even better, get out of that Team!!

BTW: You from Mexico?

No, I'm part hispanic. 'Messican' was a nickname given to me by a friend. (My dad doesn't like it and thinks my friend is racist. T.T)

Anyway...

I've told them that I'm unable to play my hardest when I have a vest on. I tried it once and I wasn't able to do poo. The funny part was that the vest was of a higher quality and it still restricted me. They've seen how fast I run and how I'm able to lead charges - yet they still want me to wear a vest. =(

The reason I'm trying to fight with the leader about the vest is because I don't know if another team will accept me. I'm coming up on playing my fourth scenario (Hogback's D-Day). I think from their stand point, I don't have that much experience. I'd be willing to start a team with anyone here that lives in my area - or try out for a team. I just hate going to scenarios alone - they're boring as hell.

#20 User is offline   Rip 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:El Diablo

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:08 PM

Sounds like a weird team, I wouldn't join. But I would still get a vest. I play dagger, and use a Broadsword Vest, and love it!!! it really doesn't hinder me at all. Then there is the dagger vest, which holds a lot of pain, yet is nothing.

This post has been edited by Rip: 28 May 2007 - 05:10 PM

hi i love paintball. do you?
Put this in Your sig if there was a fire in your house and your paintball gear would be the first thing you grab.[b][color=#33CC00]

#21 User is offline   Tiberian 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:31 PM

View PostRip, on May 28 2007, 05:08 PM, said:

Sounds like a weird team, I wouldn't join. But I would still get a vest. I play dagger, and use a Broadsword Vest, and love it!!! it really doesn't hinder me at all. Then there is the dagger vest, which holds a lot of pain, yet is nothing.

I've seen those vests for daggers, but this team wants a certain vest...

This vest.

#22 User is offline   Rip 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:El Diablo

Posted 31 May 2007 - 04:55 AM

View PostMessican, on May 28 2007, 08:31 PM, said:

View PostRip, on May 28 2007, 05:08 PM, said:

I've seen those vests for daggers, but this team wants a certain vest...

This vest.

I heard, but I saw you should turn away from this team because they sound to interested in looks over performance, but get a vest anyway.
hi i love paintball. do you?
Put this in Your sig if there was a fire in your house and your paintball gear would be the first thing you grab.[b][color=#33CC00]

#23 User is offline   Prophaniti 

• Just not in front of the kids...
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Prophaniti

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:50 AM

If the team were sponsored by Flurry, I could see why they'd enforce wearing their product. That's part of the give-and-take of being sponsored. Without a sponsorship, the idea of wearing one just to "fit in" with the look of the team is a bit silly, but does have some minor merits.

From a certain standpoint, I get the idea behind wearing a "uniform". Almost instant recognition on the field. If one or two pieces of gear are constant across the teammembers, it's very easy to tell who is in your squad. On the other hand, it's just as easy to identify a person by any other one or two pieces of gear.

I for one am easy to pick out of a crowd. I've got the SpecOps Dagger vest, but I zip-tied almost a full pack of AG Density upgrade to it. It's a very distinguishable look that is so far, unique on the fields I've played on.

Some of the best players I've seen didn't have any matching gear...they knew each other's gear by sight and could pick even a standard-looking "Guy with BDUs and a stock A-5" out of a crowd as being one of their teammembers. After a while, teammates gain an almost subconscious recognition of each other based upon body type, minuscule differences in gear, and even their posture. Maybe ask the team leader if he's willing to let you "go your own way" a few times. If it's still an issue afterwards, you'll probably want to come to a mutual agreement. By then, you will have figured out if the team is a good fit for you in terms of personality and you won't have wasted any money on gear you won't use in the future. If the team personality is a good fit for you (and vice versa) they may end up capitulating on the uniform requirement after they've gotten to know you.

My feeling is if you can be an asset to a team based upon performance, they should be able to get over your differing gear and just learn to identify you by what you typically use.

#24 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:20 PM

No one has asked?

What team is it? Do they have a website?

I agree with everyone, they seem more worried about matching then performance....

Like said, if this team is sponsored by flurry... that would be different...

My team is just going to have a patch on our arms, and the same camo, from there, its what works for you...

#25 User is offline   Tiberian 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 09 June 2007 - 04:11 PM

View Postshadow_772, on Jun 8 2007, 09:20 PM, said:

No one has asked?

What team is it? Do they have a website?

I agree with everyone, they seem more worried about matching then performance....

Like said, if this team is sponsored by flurry... that would be different...

My team is just going to have a patch on our arms, and the same camo, from there, its what works for you...

The team is DC Terror. But I've decided to try and look for another team. The team leader refuses to let me stray away from their 'image' and wave me from the vest req.

Anyone know any teams that play in Maryland? :unsure:

#26 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 10 June 2007 - 10:26 AM

go check in brigade central nd you will find team's there
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#27 User is offline   Vrysius 

• Fire breathing dragon?
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Vrysius

Posted 10 June 2007 - 10:35 AM

Why would a team require you to wear a vest? That is stupid. Also what is stupid is a required uniform, and memership fee? Come on, tell this guy that if he wants you on his team, then he can stop running the team like a bunch of sled dogs.

#28 User is offline   lonegunm4n 

• Contract Killer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:lonegunm4n

Posted 10 June 2007 - 12:22 PM

The requirement for a vest is stupid, especially for a specific one.

I can understand the membership dues though. The team I am on requires $60 a year to be in. Now, whats really cool about it, is that we are provided with all the food and drink we want, and a nice tent with several tables to be in during the scenario games. Hell, if the field has the proper power requirements, we even set up an AC unit. :dodgy:
well, it's a futuristic modern world
but things aren't what they seem
someday you'd better wake up
from this stupid fantasy
-Bloodstains by Agent Orange

#29 User is offline   cpt_crunch 

• tired of tippmann
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:cpt_crunch

Posted 17 June 2007 - 07:05 PM

youre being picky. but hey if their forcing you to get one then make them pay for it
Invisible, invincible.

IPB Image

Christian paintballer

#30 User is offline   little_ben 

• Cowards die many times before their death
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:little_ben

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:36 AM

im a dagger but i play with a broadsword vest, i usually just carry 4-6 pods though.

EDIT: omg bad spelling

This post has been edited by little_ben: 19 June 2007 - 02:37 AM

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users