• This topic is locked

Pepperball?!

#46 User is offline   Eaglez47 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Eaglez

Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:19 PM

These would be great for self defense. If I had a tac 8 I would love to get some of these. But y not just use a shotgun? Unless you want to bring it into public for self defense. It would be perfect if you had a marble, pepperball, and then one of those glass balls to take out perpetrators
IPB Image

#47 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:29 PM

Evidently, a civilian Pepperball product is in development...

...from www.pepperball.com

:: PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
candrews@pepperball.com
PepperBall Technologies, Inc.
858.638.0236 ext. 112

:: BERETTA USA AND PEPPERBALL TECHNOLOGIES, INC FORM STRATEGIC ALLIANCE TO PROVIDE NON-LETHAL SOLUTIONS
Will Introduce Products for Self Defense, Home Protection, Security, Law Enforcement and Military Applications

San Diego, Calif., February 16, 2005 - Beretta USA and PepperBall Technologies, Inc. (PTI) announced today that they have formed a strategic alliance for the co-design, development, manufacture and distribution of non-lethal solutions for self defense, home protection, security, law enforcement, and military applications.

Christopher Merritt, general manager of Beretta USA, said Beretta was attracted to the alliance by PTI's strong patent portfolio in the areas of non-lethal projectile and delivery systems.

"PTI's management team has extensive experience in developing similar solutions for the United States Department of Defense," he said. "Partnering with PTI provides Beretta with a dynamic foundation from which to offer our existing customers innovative self defense/security solutions, and introduce new customers to the World of Beretta."

Eric Wenaas, PTI's president and chief executive officer, said he expects the alliance with Beretta to help PepperBall® more quickly penetrate new and existing markets with its products.

"An opportunity to work with a global company such as Beretta, that has embodied quality, dependability, and a customer-based focus for almost 500 years, was one that we were anxious to embrace,¨ he said. "Combining PepperBall's innovative focus on various technology solutions with Beretta's strong brand, solutions-based approach, and marketing prowess is a combination that we believe will create a uniquely powerful force in serving the demand for and providing non-lethal solutions to various markets.¨

The companies plan to supply their initial products to the commercial markets through Beretta's existing dealer base. PTI has provided their existing TAC700 and SA200 launcher products to over 3,000 Law enforcement agencies in the U. S. and has produced and sold over 10 million non-lethal projectiles. Beretta's Law Enforcement and Military Group will be assisting PTI in creating further awareness and educating users of the numerous benefits of the non-lethal solutions.

The allied companies will develop products using PepperBall's unique and proven Chem-netics technology to effectively achieve subject compliance. Affected individuals experience the deterrent effect of being struck by the powerful yet less-than-lethal kinetic impact of a patented hard frangible projectile, and the release of potent PAVA (capsaicin II) pepper super-irritant. The combined affects of this technology will enable Beretta and PepperBall to develop products that are extremely effective while also lowering the level of kinetic impact relied upon by other less-than-lethal products, thereby enhancing the security of users, and saving subject lives. “These are the most comprehensive less-than-lethal products available today,” said E. Scott Blackwell, vice president of law enforcement and defense group at Beretta USA. “These product use psychological shock, kinetic impact, and chemical affects as multiple deterrents, when most less-than-lethal products use only one,” he said.

Beretta is the oldest industrial dynasty in the world tracing its roots through 16 generations of continuous family ownership back to 1526. Firearms bearing the Beretta name have been sold for over 475 years. Beretta U.S.A. was founded in 1977 and supplies the standard sidearm to the U.S. Armed Forces. Today Beretta manufactures, distributes and markets a complete line of firearms, accessories and apparel. Beretta also operates five retail Beretta Gallery stores worldwide.

For additional information please contact:

Chris Andrews
Manager - Marketing
PepperBall Technologies, Inc.
6142 Nancy Ridge Drive.
Ste. 100
San Diego, CA. 92121

E. Scott Blackwell
Vice President - Law Enforcement - Defense Group and New Business Development
Beretta USA
17601 Beretta Drive
Accokeek, MD 20607
301-283-2191 x1200

or

Cathy Williams
Communications & Events Manager
Beretta USA Corp.
301-283-2191 ext. 1245

...there is a picture on the website of a Pepperball launcher that looks like an inactive light saber...it also has a flashlight. This may be the product in development that will be offered to civilians.

Here's a picture...

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Warpaint: 18 May 2007 - 10:35 PM

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#48 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JTPaintball70

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:46 PM

View PostKnightwolf16, on May 18 2007, 03:07 PM, said:

I am pretty sure but not completely positive about this but here goes. How many of you remember when the Red Sox came back from being 0-3 games to beat the Yankees in 2004? After the Red Sox won, there was a huge mob that was out and police in Boston were trying to control the crowd. This is where I am not overly sure but I believe that a pepperball was fired into the crowd from an officer on horse back. The girl was struck in the eye and killed. Pepperballs aren't exactly a good idea for the general populace to have.

I believe you are right about the place and time for that accidental death, but you are forgetting one thing. A paintball at 400 fps to an unprotected eye could kill someone just as well...
☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

#49 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 19 May 2007 - 06:32 PM

View Postjtpaintball70, on May 19 2007, 02:46 AM, said:

I am pretty sure but not completely positive about this but here goes. How many of you remember when the Red Sox came back from being 0-3 games to beat the Yankees in 2004? After the Red Sox won, there was a huge mob that was out and police in Boston were trying to control the crowd. This is where I am not overly sure but I believe that a pepperball was fired into the crowd from an officer on horse back. The girl was struck in the eye and killed. Pepperballs aren't exactly a good idea for the general populace to have.

I believe you are right about the place and time for that accidental death, but you are forgetting one thing. A paintball at 400 fps to an unprotected eye could kill someone just as well...

A pepperball travelling at 400 fps could probably penetrate a lense on a paintball mask.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#50 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JTPaintball70

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:41 PM

View PostKnightwolf16, on May 19 2007, 07:32 PM, said:

View Postjtpaintball70, on May 19 2007, 02:46 AM, said:

A pepperball travelling at 400 fps could probably penetrate a lense on a paintball mask.

You're probly right, what was your point again? Paintballs can sometimes go through a mask at 400fps. Did you not read the part where a paintball can kill you just as easily as a pepperball?
☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

#51 User is offline   reaver304 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:chupacabra304

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:31 PM

i think i would buy some for home defense id rather use a combination of steel core and pepper spray from a tac one
on a guy than a .500 magnum

do you think that they would have the stopping power though?
because people on drugs can do scary things for example

walk through a pod full of pepper spray/steel rounds and grab me by the neck scary
you need me to point your fingers at and say thats the bad guy
but that doesnt make you good guys it just makes you cowards that dont have the guts to be what you wanna be...there are ambush snipers and ghost flankers im both!

#52 Guest_Tessaract_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:58 PM

reaver do you seriously have that much trouble with dopers breaking into your home? i mean does that happen on a weekly basis or what?

if there doped on drugs i doubt anything less than a headshot from a real weapon will put them down, in ww2 they gave japanese heroin/speed cocktails to better them to banzai charge machine gunner nests. you could shoot them full of holes and they wouldnt feel a thing or slow them down. had to stop them for good so im sure the same would apply for home defense if you got a druggie breaking in

#53 User is offline   paintball valley 

• Nazi Mods 4TL
  • PipPip

Posted 20 May 2007 - 08:13 PM

View Postreaver304, on May 20 2007, 01:31 AM, said:

i think i would buy some for home defense id rather use a combination of steel core and pepper spray from a tac one
on a guy than a .500 magnum

do you think that they would have the stopping power though?
because people on drugs can do scary things for example

you read the MSDS sheet and tell me what you think. I don't think it's as bad as the sheet says, but I've heard of people vomitting. Trust me there are things much worse than that pepper dust, way worse.
If you can't hit him in 3 shots... You are probably in the way of someone who can... MOVE!!!
If Nikola Tesla had invented a paintball marker it would have been an electro-pnuematic.
"Every facet, every department of your mind needs to be programed by you, and unless you accept your rightful responsibility and begin to program your own mind; the world will program it for you." - Evil Nine: "Cake Hole" (possibly sampled from Timothy Leary)

...Fat chicks need love too, but they gotta pay. - Glen Quagmire

#54 Guest_Tessaract_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 20 May 2007 - 09:53 PM

if there sober pepperballs probably will stop or deter someone trying to break in. they will probably think they can score an easyer rob at your neighbors house than try to fight you for it.

however if there doped up i dont see it putting them down, i mean someone on heroin you could literaly chop there arm off with a chainsaw and they will just laugh at you. never feel a thing

less than lethal doesnt work on druggies

#55 User is offline   pigtech 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 21 May 2007 - 06:58 AM

View PostKnightwolf16, on May 18 2007, 05:07 PM, said:

I am pretty sure but not completely positive about this but here goes. How many of you remember when the Red Sox came back from being 0-3 games to beat the Yankees in 2004? After the Red Sox won, there was a huge mob that was out and police in Boston were trying to control the crowd. This is where I am not overly sure but I believe that a pepperball was fired into the crowd from an officer on horse back...

That was not a pepperball. That was an FN303 Less Lethal weapon system. While it is .68 caliber, and its valve system is based on paintgun dechnology (designed by the same engineering/design team that designed the Automag.) The FN303 projectile has a back half that is cylindrical in shape, with spiral fins to give it spin stability. The front half is half of a perfect circle shell (frangible plastic - these are the shells Pepperball uses.) The FN303 rounds are weighted in the front half with tiny bismuth pellets and fired at higher velocities, so they have a lot more kinetic knock-down power than Pepperballs or paintballs. Fluid payloads are carried in the back half of the shell for a variety of options from pepper to dye marking and some classified payloads for the US Military (the predecessor of the FN303 was the XM303, which used a ring of straight spring magazines rather than the drum and hung under an M-16 - these were field tested overseas.)

There is an article about the shooting here:
http://www.policeone.com/police-products/l...articles/93667/

And more on the FN303 system here:
The launchers - http://www.fnhusa.com/products/firearms/fa...&gid=FNG003
The ammo - http://www.fnhusa.com/products/firearms/fa...&gid=FNG003

View PostTM SNPR, on May 17 2007, 02:53 PM, said:

i believe that it is a felony if you are caught with PepperBalls, so i dont think it is worth the risk just to be a jerk.

Ownership laws for pepper products vary from state to state. I know California tends to be somewhat strict in this regard, but I'm not aware of any in which posession would be a felony. Could you cite your source for this?
Bill Mills, Technical Editor, WARPIG.com

#56 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 21 May 2007 - 07:08 AM

Have any of you even seen/heard of the show Guinea Pig? The guy subjects himself to "torture" for the show. In one episode they were studying impacts on the body. The guy allowed him self to be punched in the face by a pro level boxer, tackled by a pro football player in full gear and drove a car into a wall.

In another episode they took a look at less lethal weapons. Step one- pepper spray in the face. Step two- tazer. Step 3- pepper balls. Step 4- FN303

He took 6 rounds of pepper balls in the chest form 20 feet. The marks left were worse than many of the bunkered pics I've seen. The effect the pepper cloud had on him wasn't much. He said his eyes burned and his throat itched but the pepper spray was much worse. The impacts in the chest made him step back.

The FN303 hit him 4 times in the thighs. Much larger bruises, no broken skin and he said it felt like having a charlie horse.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#57 User is offline   Dakkenly 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dakkenly

Posted 28 May 2007 - 12:37 AM

Hey, that pepperball shooter could be used as a paintball marker of doom smaller than a pistol.... Even for... BUM-BUM-BUM! STORMTROOPERS VS JEDI, the new form of cowboys and indians.

#58 User is offline   reaver304 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:chupacabra304

Posted 28 May 2007 - 11:56 AM

hmmm druggies arnt very common around my neighborhood but i'd say that its better to be safe than sorry
druggies are pretty freaking creepy though
you need me to point your fingers at and say thats the bad guy
but that doesnt make you good guys it just makes you cowards that dont have the guts to be what you wanna be...there are ambush snipers and ghost flankers im both!

#59 User is offline   Ghost_Wolf 

• Silent but Deadly.
  • PipPip

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:06 AM

If it came to a paintball device for home defence it would likely be one of my old spyders loaded with marbles and my wonderfull near-500 FPS mod (relax, it was origonally for a physics experiment, this thing dosen't see the field). I think that would have a bit more stopping power than a pepper round.

However, if i find someone here, he'll have much worse to deal with: a pair of remington 870's plus whatever else my father and i grab (probably 9mm sig 226 for him and my knockoff 1911 .45 for me). It's a bad idea to try and rob a federal marshall (especially one who's an ex NYPD cop and a gun nut)
--Ghost_Wolf
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

#60 User is offline   1eyedsnake 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:www.ragamuffinsoldiers.com

Posted 16 June 2007 - 01:46 PM

If you had some pepper balls I would call DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER.
RAGAMUFFIN SOLDIER

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users