Looking to dual wield pistols! What works the best? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   DaggerBurn 

• scratch kitty scratch
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Kohburn

Posted 10 May 2007 - 07:35 AM

View PostAegis, on May 9 2007, 07:00 PM, said:

adding constant air or a hopper really defeats the purpose in the first place.

adding a 3.5oz tank hardly defeats the purpose of a pistol unless its purely a sidearm.
it eliminates the issue with reloading 12grams completely - all you have to worry about is paint, it is still compact light weight and holsterable.

a hopper? well you have to load paint somehow, I don't think a mini hopper is that much of a problem relative to a 10 round spring tube. I don't plan on using one but I am eliminating the 12grams.

#17 User is offline   Aegis 

• Pronounced EE-jis
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Aegis

Posted 10 May 2007 - 07:52 AM

View PostDaggerBurn, on May 10 2007, 10:35 AM, said:

adding a 3.5oz tank hardly defeats the purpose of a pistol unless its purely a sidearm.
it eliminates the issue with reloading 12grams completely - all you have to worry about is paint, it is still compact light weight and holsterable.

a hopper? well you have to load paint somehow, I don't think a mini hopper is that much of a problem relative to a 10 round spring tube. I don't plan on using one but I am eliminating the 12grams.

Each to there own. But a lot of the pistols out there are big already. Not quite full size markers, but not a heck of a lot smaller, either. Adding a hopper, even a pocket one, makes them pretty much the same size as a barebones Spyder or similar clone with a smaller barrel.
Especially double stacked pistols like the Overlord. Adding a hopper also means that you can't turn the marker upside down, easily jam it around corners or through cracks in your bunker, which is one of the reasons I love pistols.

As an aside, I'd put a remote on before a tank. Would help maintain the balance a bit more.

Either way, Best of luck.

Aegis

This post has been edited by Aegis: 10 May 2007 - 07:53 AM

"Why is Loud Stupidity so infectious?" Rana, Sa'Aquta Market Fool
Current Armory: {PPS Superstocker][Peacemaker PG][Kingman Hammer Plus][VSC Phantom][ULE Automag][Smartech Knock Off][PM1 d/f][BT TM7][UMS TRGC Tac 8][Tac 8]
Smart Parts, Doc Nickle and Tom Kaye - Nuff Said---MCB Feedback SpecOps Feedback

#18 User is offline   DaggerBurn 

• scratch kitty scratch
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:04 AM

View PostAegis, on May 10 2007, 10:52 AM, said:

Each to there own. But a lot of the pistols out there are big already. Not quite full size markers, but not a heck of a lot smaller, either. Adding a hopper, even a pocket one, makes them pretty much the same size as a barebones Spyder or similar clone with a smaller barrel.
Especially double stacked pistols like the Overlord. Adding a hopper also means that you can't turn the marker upside down, easily jam it around corners or through cracks in your bunker, which is one of the reasons I love pistols.

yeah thats the reason I like my q-loader on my main gun and why i'm keeping the spring tubes for the pistols.

the weight also helps slabilize one handed firing and minimize recoil

#19 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:08 AM

Yeah I'd like CA on my pistol and 10rnders but I can't find a decent spot for my remote bottel with a vest on unless a sacrifice a pod...

#20 User is offline   DaggerBurn 

• scratch kitty scratch
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:11 AM

View PostArmory, on May 10 2007, 11:08 AM, said:

Yeah I'd like CA on my pistol and 10rnders but I can't find a decent spot for my remote bottel with a vest on unless a sacrifice a pod...

you can fit a 3.5 oz'er almost anywhere - only problem is they cost a lot more than a 9oz

#21 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:06 AM

One way to duel wield pistols with constant air is to center a tank on the back of a vest and run two remote lines from it. You will probably need a 20 oz or larger if you use CO2. For HPA you will probably want at least a 88/4500. I am not sure how well it would work using one tank for two markers, but it may work.

#22 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:12 AM

Kind of doubt it unless both line are regulated unless the reg has a stupid fast flow...

#23 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:16 AM

Like I said I am not sure how it would work. If I had two of the same type of marker to work with I might be able to test out my theory.

I might inquire as to how spec ops ran the air system for their Double Trouble. Afterall it is two A-5's mounted together.

#24 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:17 AM

2 tanks I think

#25 User is offline   stickjock 

• May the cat eat you, and the devil eat the cat...
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:STICKJOCK

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:32 AM

View PostAegis, on May 10 2007, 09:52 AM, said:

As an aside, I'd put a remote on before a tank. Would help maintain the balance a bit more.

Either way, Best of luck.

Aegis

Agreed with remote Aegis... So far, just started using my pistol this year seeing as I finally picked up a hostler for it... didn't have a BBD big enough to fit it before... and don't like plugs...

Have run a few times with just my pistol, WONDERFUL change from my a5 w/vest... but the remote option has really been playing around in the back of my mind... hardware only runs about $30.00 (depending on where you get it from) and figure even just a small 9 oz tank (have one laying around that I don't use) attatched to my pistol belt would be MORE than I'd ever use in an entire day of playing...

Only have a Core ZX right now, but she's not too bad... :P by next summer tho', looking at picking up a Tib 8 (or the newer Tib 9, like the choice of rifle or pistol) ... most likely 4 spare mags to go with it too... just like the ease of reloading with the clip...

#26 User is offline   Factor 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Factor

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:01 AM

that's my biggest challenge with the Tac8 is keeping track of how many shots out of each clip (and don't say the little slide counter things - those suck)

nothing worse than having a clip full of paint and no air ... and then a clip with air but no paint

ideally i wish the air and paint were separate but both in the grip ... so you would have a spring fed clip that only fed paintballs ... and then a quick change chamber to swap out 12 grams when needed ... the whole reloading 12grams w. an allen wrench during battle just doesn't work

heres a very rough diagram of what i'm talking about - what do you guys think of the concept?

Attached File  quick8.jpg (22.92K)
Number of downloads: 1
Digitally Dangerous: Factor this ...

#27 User is offline   DaggerBurn 

• scratch kitty scratch
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:12 AM

View PostArmory, on May 10 2007, 12:12 PM, said:

Kind of doubt it unless both line are regulated unless the reg has a stupid fast flow...

I think that if a single palmers stabilizer can handle a gun with 30bps output that it can handle two semi-auto pistols with mechanical triggers.

View PostDark Shadow Hunter, on May 10 2007, 12:06 PM, said:

You will probably need a 20 oz or larger if you use CO2. For HPA you will probably want at least a 88/4500. I am not sure how well it would work using one tank for two markers, but it may work.

how much paint do you plan to spray with two pistols? even with horrible efficiency the pistols should get 1000 rounds out of a 20oz co2

thats 100 ten round tubes of paint. it should be more like 1500 rounds so 150 tubes of paint.

if I was going to the trouble of carrying dual remote lined pistols then I'd probably do an etrigger conversion and run a q-loader on each.

but seriously think that is over the top

#28 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:24 AM

View PostDaggerBurn, on May 10 2007, 01:12 PM, said:

View PostArmory, on May 10 2007, 12:12 PM, said:

I think that if a single palmers stabilizer can handle a gun with 30bps output that it can handle two semi-auto pistols with mechanical triggers.

View PostDark Shadow Hunter, on May 10 2007, 12:06 PM, said:

You will probably need a 20 oz or larger if you use CO2. For HPA you will probably want at least a 88/4500. I am not sure how well it would work using one tank for two markers, but it may work.

how much paint do you plan to spray with two pistols? even with horrible efficiency the pistols should get 1000 rounds out of a 20oz co2

I know just enough air systems to keep my 98 Custom up and running. I know that a gas will take of the path of least resistance. I am not sure how running two markers on the same tank would work. It was merely a suggestion to work with constant air.

#29 User is offline   Aegis 

• Pronounced EE-jis
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Aegis

Posted 10 May 2007 - 11:52 AM

I'm not sure how constant air stacks up against 12 grams in terms of shots per, since I've never done it. Most pistols running CA should get the same amount of shots as a comparable quality full size marker, though, with no better or worse efficiency. The Air sources still has to work the bolt and propel the round, just like any other marker.

There is the illusion of greater efficiency, though. I mean, really, how much air can you waste when you have 8-13 rounds before reloading ^_^? But a 20 oz should see you through days of play. As mentioned, the 3.5 oz tanks cost more than the larger onces (supply and demand, I guess), and at least around here, they charge the same as a 9 oz fill for it. Talk about a rip.

This post has been edited by Aegis: 10 May 2007 - 11:54 AM

"Why is Loud Stupidity so infectious?" Rana, Sa'Aquta Market Fool
Current Armory: {PPS Superstocker][Peacemaker PG][Kingman Hammer Plus][VSC Phantom][ULE Automag][Smartech Knock Off][PM1 d/f][BT TM7][UMS TRGC Tac 8][Tac 8]
Smart Parts, Doc Nickle and Tom Kaye - Nuff Said---MCB Feedback SpecOps Feedback

#30 User is offline   DaggerBurn 

• scratch kitty scratch
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2007 - 12:30 PM

View PostAegis, on May 10 2007, 02:52 PM, said:

around here, they charge the same as a 9 oz fill for it. Talk about a rip.

good thing i have my own fill station :(

it costs me 15$ to get 20 POUNDS of co2 (thats 320 ounces or about 16x 20oz refills)

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users