Special Ops Paintball: Do you penalize a player... - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Do you penalize a player... ...whithout a BBD - IF... Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Would you peanalize this player? (63 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you peanalize this player?

1. Yes - rules is rules (9 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. No, just a warning - as long as I see he has a replacement next game. (49 votes [77.78%])

Percentage of vote: 77.78%

3. No - fingers are an acceptable BBD (5 votes [7.94%])

Percentage of vote: 7.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 User is offline   JesterTLS 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:43 AM

The whole taking the barrel off doesnt make alot of scince to me. If it has air, it is still a danger. If you want to take the barrel off and the tank, hey works for me, but get the air off the marker. Had someone with a barrel plug, which is against our rules who his marker fired. Blew the plug out and the next two or three rounds could have doen soem real damage had it not been pointed at the ground. These are rules we need to enforce and take very seriously. Even if we are playing we are still refs, and need to make sure the other refs at our respective fields are being delligent.

This post has been edited by JesterTLS: 08 May 2007 - 03:43 AM

Team ODX (Operational Detachment X-Ray)
OSF Operator's Strike Force
www.scenariosupply.com www.cdpaintball.com

#17 User is offline   DaggerBurn 

• scratch kitty scratch
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kohburn

Posted 08 May 2007 - 06:28 AM

View PostJesterTLS, on May 8 2007, 06:43 AM, said:

The whole taking the barrel off doesnt make alot of scince to me.

a paintball fired without a barrel usually flies slower than if you were to pick it up and throw it at someone.

#18 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JTPaintball70

Posted 08 May 2007 - 06:39 AM

View PostDaggerBurn, on May 8 2007, 07:28 AM, said:

a paintball fired without a barrel usually flies slower than if you were to pick it up and throw it at someone.

No. Have you fired a paintball with no barrel on the gun? It flies almost as fast as with a barrel, just very innacurate.
☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

#19 User is offline   commander mike 

• the door is locked now but its open if your true - Metallica
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:commander mike

Posted 08 May 2007 - 06:43 AM

View Postjtpaintball70, on May 8 2007, 09:39 AM, said:

View PostDaggerBurn, on May 8 2007, 07:28 AM, said:

No. Have you fired a paintball with no barrel on the gun? It flies almost as fast as with a barrel, just very innacurate.

I don't know what kind of gun you were shooting with out the barrel, but my Promaster, A-5, and Spyder all shoot in low fps with out the barrel.
Posted Image
Friends dont let friends shoot .50 cal... - The Stuntman

#20 User is offline   Lament 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lament

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:09 AM

View PostJesterTLS, on May 8 2007, 03:43 AM, said:

The whole taking the barrel off doesnt make alot of scince to me. If it has air, it is still a danger. If you want to take the barrel off and the tank, hey works for me, but get the air off the marker. Had someone with a barrel plug, which is against our rules who his marker fired. Blew the plug out and the next two or three rounds could have doen soem real damage had it not been pointed at the ground. These are rules we need to enforce and take very seriously. Even if we are playing we are still refs, and need to make sure the other refs at our respective fields are being delligent.

What's funny to me is that I got into an "arguement" with a moderator on another paintball site over this. Well, actually, something very similar to this.

The barrel helps harness the energy used to propel the paintball into making it more accuate as well as getting a good velocity. Without the barrel, a paintball will still shoot out, hency why we make sure that the marker is pointed to the ground, is a person should loose ther BBD. But the next time that you are at a field, take a barrel off of any marker (Especially one of the high end "tourney guns") and shoot it over the chrono. Since the barrel is not there, to keep the air behind the paintball and keep pushing it in one direction, the paintball will have minimal velocity.

Shooting like there is no tomorrow. For all we know, there is no tomorrow.

Team ForestFire!!!

Team Forest Demons!!!

#21 User is offline   emr_ambush_alpha67 

• ambush AkA the law
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ambush_alpha67

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:05 PM

therfor you make the person take the barrel off there gun and disconect teh air. and if possible take the hopper off as well
~RIP~ Owego Outlaws
NJ TITANS!!! HOW WE ROLLL!!!! SOOOOOUUUTTTHHHH SSSIIIDDDEEE!!!!
~I AM THE SLINKEY~

#22 User is offline   Lament 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:22 PM

Not argueing with you at all, but if they are using a rental, honestly, would you want them to walk off the field with a bundle of tank, hopper, barrel, and gun?

We have already mentioned that even disconnecting the air tank, there can be enough for one or more shots, and even taking off the hopper, there may still be one paintball in the chamber. In the above situation, would it not be possible that a person might accidently pull the trigger while trying to carry all of this stuff to get a new BBD?

I would have no problem if a person who lost their BBD left their setup at the entrance of the field and then went to retrieve a BBD to put it on before leaving the field. I also like the idea of a player having their finger in the barrel, as it would give them an intimidation factor in trying to be safer.

Team ForestFire!!!

Team Forest Demons!!!

#23 User is offline   Slyd3r 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Slyd3r

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:01 PM

This is a crazy thread....The Player doesn't get off the field without a BBD....PERIOD.......Safety before convenience.

The last thing I want is some jerk with his finger in his barrel pulling it out after he's out of the refs view and shooting me while in the safe zone. I have real guns also and I treat my PB gun like I would my real guns.

#24 User is offline   emr_ambush_alpha67 

• ambush AkA the law
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2007 - 06:40 PM

ok then u can run to the shop and get him a new bbd k? the thing is were always in a group. u make him take the barrel off remove the tank. shoot the last burst of air into the ground and therefor he now has a deadmarker. there is no way he can shoot it with out putting the tank back on. and i do remind u to please take the tank off your self. do not let the player do it. acidents happen and co2 tanks do come unthreaded. so when the player gets back to the shop have him put a bbd on the gun, walk to the chrono range(with his mask on) put the tank back onto the gun. then his gun is now live. ok now that were at this point. have him push the saftey on, put the bbd back on the gun and have him leave the chrono.( with mask still on till hes out of chrono) there iv ben as drawn out as possible.
~RIP~ Owego Outlaws
~I AM THE SLINKEY~

#25 User is offline   Lament 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:52 AM

View Postemr_ambush_alpha67, on May 8 2007, 06:40 PM, said:

ok then u can run to the shop and get him a new bbd k? the thing is were always in a group. u make him take the barrel off remove the tank. shoot the last burst of air into the ground and therefor he now has a deadmarker. there is no way he can shoot it with out putting the tank back on. and i do remind u to please take the tank off your self. do not let the player do it. acidents happen and co2 tanks do come unthreaded. so when the player gets back to the shop have him put a bbd on the gun, walk to the chrono range(with his mask on) put the tank back onto the gun. then his gun is now live. ok now that were at this point. have him push the saftey on, put the bbd back on the gun and have him leave the chrono.( with mask still on till hes out of chrono) there iv ben as drawn out as possible.

I'm not sure if this was aimed at me or someone else, but I will respond as if I am the one that you are posting this up for. Honestly, I don't have the time to go through all of that. Granted, it takes all of 30 to 60 seconds to do all of that (Depending upon how difficult the equipment is choosing to be), but in that time, and being the only ref on the field usually, there is a heck of a lot that can happen. Should I happen to be working with others, then I still stick with the idea of having the player leave the marker near the entrance, head off to the shack and get another BBD, and then return and put it on.

If I should happen to see a player, off the field, maybe with another group, that is walking around with his or her finger stuck in the end of the barrel, I am more than happy to yell at them about getting a BBD on the end of the barrel, and finding out if they lost theirs or whatever.

Team ForestFire!!!

Team Forest Demons!!!

#26 User is offline   emr_ambush_alpha67 

• ambush AkA the law
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:41 AM

ok heres how it works with us. we all travel togther in a group so no one gets lost. the only time someone go's back to the shop is when we all go back. so befor everyone leaves u discharge the marker like i said. if u have more than 20 people in a group you are sapose to have more then one ref in the group with you.
~RIP~ Owego Outlaws
~I AM THE SLINKEY~

#27 User is offline   Lament 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:20 AM

Just saying that there is always room for a person to do something stupid. And a player loosing their BBD, regardless whether they own their own gear or rent, happens all of the time. The thread starter wanted opinions as to what each of would do. I have given my own, and you yours. I am certainly not trying to say that I am right and that you are wrong, far from it. Let's move on, shall we?

Team ForestFire!!!

Team Forest Demons!!!

#28 User is offline   emr_ambush_alpha67 

• ambush AkA the law
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2007 - 04:47 PM

yes we shall, and im sorry for raving on. but i was basicallt told for the last 3 days by my teachers that im not worth the dust on there feet and that i should just quit life nw. didnt really meen to take it out on the boards.

This post has been edited by emr_ambush_alpha67: 09 May 2007 - 04:48 PM

~RIP~ Owego Outlaws
~I AM THE SLINKEY~

#29 User is offline   Lament 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:03 PM

View Postemr_ambush_alpha67, on May 9 2007, 04:47 PM, said:

yes we shall, and im sorry for raving on. but i was basicallt told for the last 3 days by my teachers that im not worth the dust on there feet and that i should just quit life nw. didnt really meen to take it out on the boards.

Okay, that is plain wrong. You are more than "worth the dust on (their) feet", and them saying that, or even implying it, is really messed up.

Team ForestFire!!!

Team Forest Demons!!!

#30 User is offline   emr_ambush_alpha67 

• ambush AkA the law
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:03 AM

ya tell me about it. but dont worry, im pulling a little prank on the teachers that told me that today. which is also why im going to school and becoming a teacher so i can prove there FARFIGNUGENS wrong and possibly come back and take there jobs :)

This post has been edited by emr_ambush_alpha67: 10 May 2007 - 06:04 AM

~RIP~ Owego Outlaws
~I AM THE SLINKEY~

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users