best a5 vs best ion Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   super_stalker 

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 May 2007 - 02:46 PM

View PostBlaze008, on May 18 2007, 08:14 PM, said:

Well...

The ion will have a higher BPS, but still be an ion (:laugh:)

The tippmann'll prolly max out around 18-20bps, which is still extremely fine, and be extremely durable

Actually you would top out at 25 BPS with an APE or 30 with a WAS if you get all the techT mods.
One of a kind pump mag F/S/T Open AND stock class capable.

"The knockdown power is approximately equal to, but not greater than that of a small Spanish child being hurled through a stove door at around 1,500ft ASL with a 5 knot crosswind on thursday, 31 degrees celcius, with 56% humidity."-FrozenCarnitas.

#17 User is offline   za_hulk 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:za_hulk

Posted 25 June 2007 - 04:23 PM

View PostSPEDcial Forces, on May 12 2007, 01:23 PM, said:

Well you would have been a retard either way. Dropping $500+ on either of these markers is silly when you could have yourself a used HE, an E-cocker of some variety, an E-mag, Fusion, promaster, viking, PMR, or anything really that is a big step up.

Having said that I'd take the ultra Ion over the ultra A-5, but I'd take almost any other gun with a base cost equal to the upped Ion/A5 any day.

View PostQC MAD KID, on May 20 2007, 06:44 AM, said:

View PostSPEDcial Forces, on May 12 2007, 12:23 PM, said:

Well you would have been a retard either way. Dropping $500+ on either of these markers is silly when you could have yourself a used HE, an E-cocker of some variety, an E-mag, Fusion, promaster, viking, PMR, or anything really that is a big step up.

Having said that I'd take the ultra Ion over the ultra A-5, but I'd take almost any other gun with a base cost equal to the upped Ion/A5 any day.

if you gonna drop 500$ on a ion or a5 ,just don't and go get a e/x mag or tac one ,or rt pro , ecocker ,pmr pmc ,and dm6

Thank u some people with common sense. This is for every one when you buy a new gun be it mech or electro u have to remember one thing. That a stock gun is like the base of a building u cheep out on the "base" ur gona have to replace the building sooner. you get what im trying to say? Let me use a fantasy world to prove a point. I go out and buy a brass eagle talon pump. I play with it I like it now im gona go out and buy a halo b, virtue board, double finger trigger, 60in stiffi barrel, custom Luke grips, body kit on it. Now this is fantasy land u they make after market parts for your "plastic princes".
Plastic princes = guns that are all plastic or very low quality Ex> talons, newer spiders, and yah ill say it ions. HOLD UP
Does that make to much sense? ur buying $10000000000000 in up grades for a $20 gun. Its still gona perform the same because it’s a plastic princess. You would have to replace all the internals again and again to make it last. As for ions they are a plastic shell with plastic and electro internals. "BUT I can put a fire bolt and a body kit on it. Yah true but $200 later + 200 gun ok $400. Ions are a waist of money. do not buy an ion cuz ur gona want some thing better like a shocker or something. The resale on ions is horrible. My friend sold his ion for $300 he put $1200 into the gun. Now I haven't checked this but I think smart parts sells the most guns and has the worst resale because they sell the most and the market is flooded with them. now im not saying a tippmann the right gun for u ether but a tippmann is solid. If u disagree with me pm me I would love to here u praise a plastic princess
~thanks
HULK
Quality not Quantity

#18 User is offline   SNIPER DULIN 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:DULIN

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:19 PM

Hulk obviously has an awesome point, and if you can wait to simply get a nicer gun instead of decking out one of these guns over time, do it. Buttttt...if you're not going to wait, theres one big bottom line. I own a decked out a-5, and a custom RAZR Ion myself. Right away, your going to notice the ion is lighter, faster, smoother, and all-around a more finesse gun. Its a speedball marker with alotta woodsball upgrades. The bottom line for that is that it'll give you a crazy bps advantage over the a-5, at a HUGE durability cost. My friend has had 3 individual times where his Ion will not work all day because of problems with the eyes, electornics, or firing mechanism. I've had serious problems myself with the power button to the board actually BREAKING OFF when too much pressure is applied. its odd.

Then of course, the a-5 is a brick. Maybe less so than the 98s, but still, it seems like it cannot be broken or damaged if you use good paint in it, and keep it clean. I think the a-5 probubly will be a more useful woodsball gun in the long run, because with the right barrel, sights, and internals (a stiffi, red-dot, and shocktech bolt in my case) the a-5 can be amazingly accurate. Of course, the Ion will probubly seen more fun for a few games, just because it makes muppets scatter. Also, you'll probubly have to drop 50 bucks on a hopper for the Ion. If I was you, I'd buy the a-5 for one simple fact..............unless you'll be doing some speedballing to get use out of the Ion........you won't want to stand all the technical difficulties and headachesof owning such a finnicky gun.... :blink:

#19 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:59 PM

ego/e-coceker/mag /dm's/pm's/are super marker stock
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#20 User is offline   JerseyPaint 

• Jersey Fresh.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JerseyPaint

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:20 PM

View PostSNIPER DULIN, on Jun 25 2007, 10:19 PM, said:

[Long ignorant rantings...]

You friends are idiots. Markers fail when the manufacturer fails or the user fans. The Ion is not made of glass, if you keep it clean and lubed you shouldn't have a problem. And because the Ion has less moving parts, it should be more reliable that the A-5 and an easier fix. The only thong the A-5 has over an Ion is its an easier strip and the company is more reputable.

Both markers will work well aslong as they didn't come faulty and they are maintained. Sure, once in a while there is the mystery problem (I had one with my A-5, could not figure out why the air was spitting out the VA, I dissasembled it, replace the orings, and lubed it up. Nothing stopped the leak, then one day it was gone and didn't come back. But ofcourse this was at the expense of a day of play.), but those things are rare.

Are you agitating my dots? 10%
RIP HEMP/HEMD/PbF

#21 User is offline   Demolition 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Demolition

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:27 PM

Every one says the Ions are lighter, someone please go put an electronic hopper on an Ion, then weigh it, put the A-5's hopper on the A-5 and weigh it, see which one comes in heavier, you might be surprised.

This post has been edited by Demolition: 25 June 2007 - 09:27 PM

Automaggot #93

#22 User is offline   JerseyPaint 

• Jersey Fresh.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JerseyPaint

Posted 26 June 2007 - 01:57 PM

View PostDemolition, on Jun 26 2007, 12:27 AM, said:

Every one says the Ions are lighter, someone please go put an electronic hopper on an Ion, then weigh it, put the A-5's hopper on the A-5 and weigh it, see which one comes in heavier, you might be surprised.

The A-5 is lighter (Ion set up with an Egg). But I'm betting if I put my Vlocity Jr. on an Ion, the Ion would be lighter.

Are you agitating my dots? 10%
RIP HEMP/HEMD/PbF

#23 User is offline   Demolition 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Demolition

Posted 28 June 2007 - 08:51 PM

Anyways, my point is they are within ounces. What does it really matter?

Automaggot #93

#24 User is offline   Ryan J. 

• Life begins at the break and ends at the 50.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheJudge411

Posted 29 June 2007 - 06:15 AM

for all the money you put into an ion you could get an 05 ego upped or a stock 06 ego that will romp on the upped ion anyday.

#25 User is offline   Gwac 

• Child proof caps have ruined my Happiness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2007 - 06:23 AM

View PostDemolition, on Jun 28 2007, 08:51 PM, said:

The only difference is the vlocity is a much faster and better hopper. It doesnt require upgrades to keep up with high amounts of shooting and has mods such as speedfeed which are very convinient.
But as said, you can get a g7 fly for like 390 off the nation so i would rather do that.

#26 User is offline   Monty Python 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:IHOP

Posted 29 June 2007 - 10:49 AM

Does 1 pound really make a differance. Its what gun works better for your purposes
Im not dead yet
If you support mike and techpb, put this in your sig

#27 User is offline   Ryan J. 

• Life begins at the break and ends at the 50.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheJudge411

Posted 29 June 2007 - 11:03 AM

View PostMonty Python, on Jun 29 2007, 01:49 PM, said:

Does 1 pound really make a differance. Its what gun works better for your purposes

for me yea i need to sprint to the snake on break that one pound will get me shot >_>

#28 User is offline   Gwac 

• Child proof caps have ruined my Happiness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:45 PM

1lb is noticeable, 3 oz isnt.
Also where is the 1 lb located.
If its just extra metal on the outside(haven't seen 1 lb of extra), or is it like some useless part.

#29 User is offline   super_stalker 

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:40 PM

to many long posts, the point is

Go find the gun that suits you. I likes my mags but any people don't.
One of a kind pump mag F/S/T Open AND stock class capable.

"The knockdown power is approximately equal to, but not greater than that of a small Spanish child being hurled through a stove door at around 1,500ft ASL with a 5 knot crosswind on thursday, 31 degrees celcius, with 56% humidity."-FrozenCarnitas.

#30 User is offline   LeonCC 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:30 PM

I had both A5 and ION, tons of money updates for both of them. none of them are my choice, but I like ION over A5, here my 2 cents:

1. A5 is a scenario game gun, if you want to be absolutely military hard core, use an A5. ION mods are more alien look. but if it is a "D Day" scenario, using either of them doesn't make much sense anyway from "hardcore" perspective.

2. ION is as solid as A5, if you know what you do.

3. Most of all, A5 is a mechanical marker, no matter what you do, just like a truck. ION is an electric marker, just like a sports car.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users