• You cannot reply to this topic

Proto Switch fan

#1 User is offline   WVPC Commander 

• Shadowrunner
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Shadowrunner

Posted 27 May 2005 - 01:11 PM

Well, I used this little beast for the first time last weekend, fourtunately it was ungodly humid followed by rain so I definitly gave it a run for it's money (Or rather my money)... Anyway, the little bugger wuped butt, the fit of this thing is perfect, the weight is next to nothing, the switch is an enclosed button.... All of these things I love plus it works really well.... There are only two downsides to it. There is no in out toggle, it allways blows in, though it seems to work, and two, it is REALLY loud, definitely the loudest fan I have ever used, but all in all it is worth it, I would rather see and make a little noise that I can turn off if I have to than go blind....
Historicly the best way to convert a Liberal is to have them move out of their parents home, get a job and start paying taxes...

user posted image

#2 Guest_wolftalon_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 30 May 2005 - 10:06 AM

Nice review. Where did you get it and how much did it cost?

#3 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 30 May 2005 - 11:42 PM

I own one as well and love it. I wrote proto cause when i bought it i was told it had two speed operation, and i could only find on and off. They responded by saying it alternates between sucking air in and blowing air out, with each on/off press. I havent tried it since then, but i guess maybe they could be right, but i thought it only had suck air out on mine. I dont know.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#4 User is offline   CustomPickle 

• Nafunu
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Nafunu

Posted 03 June 2005 - 06:05 AM

When you say loud, is it so loud that you won't be able to hear footsteps or be spotted because of it?
98% of teenagers have tried pot. If you are one of the 2% that haven't, put this in your sig!

#5 User is offline   xPJx 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:xPJx

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:20 AM

It is not audibly loud enough to be heard by your opponents unless they are actually standing elbow to elbow. I have all three fans on the market currently(jt vortex, dye invision fan, and the proto fan). I find that both of the Dye fans are very quiet comparred to the JT. All three work well.

The Proto Turbine is quiet and will not block out any surrounding noises. It only seems loud as it is literally part of your head once the goggles go on. To put it is scope, when eating potato chips they seem to be extrememly loud, but most people cannot hear you crunching them. The fan is actually quieter than the potato chip noise. :D

Great item. Costs around 40 to 50 dollars. Can buy the goggles and fan on ebay for 60 to 70 dollars.

A+ rating

#6 User is offline   sniper 1a 

• Team Devildogs
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:sniper 1a

Posted 29 July 2005 - 02:19 AM

I found that the fan will suck as well as blow, you have to reverse the battery, there's no switch.
IPB Image

#7 User is offline   xPJx 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:xPJx

Posted 29 July 2005 - 02:21 AM

Thank you for that. I had no idea how to get mine to be multi-directional. :)

#8 User is offline   scout_armorsquad 

• Christ is my Leader
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:scout_armorsquad

Posted 29 July 2005 - 07:05 AM

I have used the fan for 6 months now and it worked great until the last few games. The problem I am having is the pressure of the mask on my forehead compresses the fan and the little propeller starts to hit the internals and man you want to talk about loud. Then it just finally stops all together. I have worked on it after each game by modifying it in several different ways and it will work for half the game then it goes back to hitting the insides. I play scenario games and I can have the mask on for several hours at a time.

My conclusion is that overtime as your mask compresses and shapes to your head it will compress the fan and this problem occurs. It will be interesting to see if other people will begin to have this problem over time.

By the way thanks for the input on the in out air flow thing. I always wanted to get it to blow in but mine always sucks out.

Love God, Love Paintball,
- Scout Out

#9 User is offline   Zeus15 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Zeus15

Posted 03 August 2005 - 06:43 PM

is it for cooling u off or for clearing fog? i've been told both

#10 User is offline   sniper 1a 

• Team Devildogs
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:sniper 1a

Posted 09 August 2005 - 01:47 AM

I now had a chance to really put the fan to test with the hot humid weather of texas, it fail totally. The motor is under the fan forcing the air to travel around it and putting the air flow to far to do any good. Or for the rest of us that have to wear glasses. My glasses would fog up in approx. 3 seconds, were I tried my old spectrum with fan keep it clear.
IPB Image

#11 User is offline   TPA Baller 

• Former Manager, - Pritt Custom Case, and your local garage modde
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TPA Baller

Posted 14 August 2005 - 07:04 PM

im hearing lots of mixed opinion about this. is it worth it or not?
IPB Image

#12 User is offline   shadow_warrior147 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Complete Anarchy Paintball

Posted 14 August 2005 - 07:10 PM

At the risk of sounding stupid, where do u get one of those?

#13 User is offline   BLACK MAMBA 

• Living Luxerific
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2006 - 06:23 PM

i found mine on ebay brand new shipped for 17 bucks...everywhere else prob 35 or more
Posted Image
MM PB /VALKEN / FLASC / CCC / COMPULSIVE / MSS / TIBERIUS / GUERRILLA

#14 User is offline   ROMAD 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Post icon  Posted 10 November 2006 - 04:19 AM

Hay guys. I have one at home that I will give someone if you want it...just pay what I pay for the shipping...if the shipping is under $5.00 I'll send it to you for 0.

Let me know

#15 User is offline   chappy350 

• The General
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chappy350

Posted 24 April 2007 - 06:39 AM

View PostROMAD, on Nov 10 2006, 04:19 AM, said:

Hay guys. I have one at home that I will give someone if you want it...just pay what I pay for the shipping...if the shipping is under $5.00 I'll send it to you for 0.

Let me know

I had one, the sound of angry bees in my ear was rather annoying. Unfortunatly i had my visor off and took a direct shot to the on off button on top of the fan, blew it into a million pieces. Since then i've built my own using a computer fan and a 9volt, works excellent and it's perfectly quiet.
www.Arctrooperspaintball.com
Scenario Team Supply
www.battlefrontpaintball.com

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users