• This topic is locked

Daggers headed to Elite Weekend! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   8-Ball 

• The Original Elite Dagger. Original join date 061004, member #10
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:8 - BALL

Posted 25 April 2007 - 12:13 PM

In typical Dagger fashion I'm taking point and looking to find out how many Daggers are coming out to the Elite weekend in June.

If you are a DEFINITE attendee (reg'd or contestant winner) Please post up the following:

Name:
Link to your Brigade page:
Contact info of your choice: (PM, email, phone, etc.)

A short write up of:
Why you feel your ready to be Elite and what Elite Dagger means to you;

What you hope to gain from the clinic;

Why are you a Dagger;

What is you greatest strength as a Dagger AND your greatest weakeness. :ghillie:

I will use this information to help develop the two small hours we have together to hopefully give the group the most usefull instruction I can. Once I hear from all the Daggers going, I may structure some extra-cirricular activity leading up to the actual Elite weekend.

Thanks!
and looking forward to meeting everyone in June!
Ed

List of Dagger attendees:
Reaper8
Harlow
ThirdI
French t0ast
Drumboy

This post has been edited by 8-Ball: 11 June 2007 - 01:50 PM

#2 User is offline   REAPER8 

• The One you LOVE to Hate.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:REAPER8

Posted 25 April 2007 - 01:53 PM

Info is as follows:
Name:Todd Lynn / Reaper8
Years playing: 4yrs
Brigade link: http://www.specialopspaintball.com/brigade...ew.asp?id=35435
Email: toomuchp8ntball@aol.com

Elite Dagger is THE honor that I have been working towards since I first joined the Brigade. It marks the pinnacle of development of your quest to be the BEST of the Best. Many days of hard work,enduring any kind of hardship and completing the mission and a passion to out play all that you come against makes for an Elite Dagger. Being able to read an ambush, or make the opfor show their hand before they are ready. Being able to infiltrate deep into enemy territory with a squad undetected. These are just some of the things that I believe make a person Elite Dagger material.I know there is always more to learn, but I feel that I have sharpened my skills and honed my play to be able to TRY to become one of the few players that will be graced with the title, ELITE.

From the clinic, I hope to finally be able to meet and play with my peers and further learn the craft of my chosen position.

I'm a Dagger because I am one of the sneakiest mothers out there! SIR!

My strength is noted above and my biggest weakness is that sometimes being stealthy and moving too fast, I find myself behind enemy lines in the midst of them before they even know I'm there. Then all heck breaks loose and I get my butt shot off!

Looking forward to this Ed. Wish it was already time to go!
Talk to you soon.
R8 out

This post has been edited by REAPER8: 25 April 2007 - 07:09 PM

Playing in reality. Not cyberspace.

#3 User is offline   Anav 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Anav

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:50 PM

Being able to infiltrate deep into enemy territory with a squad undetected. These are just some of the things that I believe make a person Elite Dagger material.I know there is always more to learn, but I feel that I have sharpened my skills and honed my play to be able to TRY to become one of the few players that will be graced with the title, ELITE.

My strength is noted above and my biggest weakness is that sometimes being stealthy and moving too fast, I find myself behind enemy lines in the midst of them before they even know I'm there. Then all heck breaks loose and I get my butt shot off!

You got that right R8 we can get deep in to enemy territory and do some major Butt Kicking. I am always on your six watching your back and there will be no change here in Elite Weekend, you always got your Sabre covering you and helping kick butt...(though I am tring to slow you down to keep you from getting your butt shot off....lol)

Later Anav

This post has been edited by Anav: 25 April 2007 - 09:51 PM

#4 User is offline   REAPER8 

• PipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:37 PM

Hey 8, Better post it up again. I can't be the only Dagger showing!?

#5 User is offline   8-Ball 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2007 - 03:39 PM

View PostREAPER8, on Apr 27 2007, 08:37 PM, said:

Hey 8, Better post it up again. I can't be the only Dagger showing!?

Maybe your're not the only one going R8, but as of right now you're the only one willing to show commitment to the program.

And here I thought the Daggers would be graduating the most Elites...maybe some don't have the heart they thought they had? Hmmm?

#6 User is offline   Harlow 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Harlow

Posted 30 April 2007 - 09:58 PM

Sorry Ive been out of town for work. I play both Dagger and Sabre pretty evenly so im still gonna post.

Name: Aaron Thompson / Harlow
Yrs playing:Just over a year
Link to your Brigade page:http://www.specialopspaintball.com/brigade...ew.asp?ID=88074
Contact info of your choice: PM and email- adtusafhg@hotmail.com

Elite to me means your the best of the best and you have the skills and mindset to be elite. Elite is something that should never be given, always earned. Me being in the military I have seen people become part of an elite unit and then some just dont have what it takes. Eliteness isnt for everyone. Even though I have been playing for only a little over a year I think Im ready to try/ prove that I have what it takes to become elite. I like to be the guy that pushes forward to break through. It priceless when people have know idea that your coming up behind them or flanking them.

I would like to gain from the clinic some good tactics and some good field training.

I have very good eye sight and also am a quick thinker. Only weakness I think I have is sometimes Im to overconfident and I try to do things before thinking it through. Which usually ends up me having to walk off the field with my hand up.

Cant wait to play!!! :D

This post has been edited by Harlow: 30 April 2007 - 10:01 PM

#7 User is offline   The Scout 

• Penny for the gurney
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Scout

Posted 01 May 2007 - 04:46 PM

I know a reason why a lot of Daggers aren't posting in here about going to Elite Weekend, its because a lot of people aren't going. A couple thousand dollars for a few days of paintball may not seem like much to you adults/older people :P but to most of us we really can't afford that on part time jobs. I realize you're not trying to imply this but I'm sure there are a ton of kids out there dedicated to paintball and playing the dagger style that can't afford to make it.
Official Pump Owner #98
"Maybe God keeps us on earth, just like we have beef farms for cows. Then, when we die he eats us... I just freaked myself out. Be right back, I gotta go pray"-Kook

#8 User is offline   Ry and Raft 

• That dude in the Punisher shirt
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:xarchxangelx

Posted 02 May 2007 - 11:03 AM

Hell, I'd go if it didn't take me a month and a half to save up that much money. Thats not paying any bills.
Task Force 68 | Michigan Wraith Battalion CO

#9 User is offline   8-Ball 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2007 - 11:57 AM

Guys,

As much as I'd love to see everyone possible go, could you PLEASE keep this thread on topic. It is important for not only myself but for those who will be attending the Elite Dagger workshop.

Anyfurther "cry me a River" posts in this thread will be considered spam. create another topic for that type of discussion or post your concerns on the Elite Weekend thread.

Thank you,
Ed

#10 User is offline   8-Ball 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2007 - 12:15 PM

I will be maintaining a list of those who post up and are planning on attneding Elite Weekend as Daggers.

Let's see the rest of those attending?

#11 User is offline   ThirdI 

• Elite Weekend 2007 Sportsmanship Winner and 2008 Instructor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ThirdI

Posted 07 May 2007 - 12:16 AM

I don't get on the SpecOps forums much due to not enough time to read everything, so I'm a bit slow on getting this in.

Name: Michael Sain aka ThirdI
Yrs playing: 2
Link to your Brigade page: Here, but VERY non-updated!
email: mike.sain@gmail.com

A short write up of:
To be honest, I don't think there are very many, including myself, who can claim to be capable of earning Elite status. However, having received the chance to come to this weekend, I am feeling a huge responsibility on my shoulders to the Irregulators and to Krazy8 in particular to take what they have ingrained in me and expand upon it.

I hope to learn how to position myself better as a Dagger and how to work better with a team and not find myself going solo. Comms skills would be good too but those kind of need to be team specific.

Why are you a Dagger;
I like to flank! But seriously, I love traveling with 2 or 3 others, seeing an opponent and circling around them to get that open shot before they and the others with me can longball each other. Perhaps there's a touch of Recon in me too.

What is you greatest strength as a Dagger AND your greatest weakeness.
Strength: Honestly? Playing and being good friends with Krazy8. Otherwise, I've been told that I am capable of using small rocks and tire tracks as bunkers to hide in when under fire.

Weakness: Inexperience and equipment. After my first game ever, I purchased a Spyder Imagine and haven't had money to do anything except a couple upgrades (kind of a waste). Although I had fun with Timbertiger's Borg and FS7 at the SPPL, I prefer something a bit simpler, such as a Blazer.

#12 User is offline   REAPER8 

• PipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:00 PM

Are We There Yet? :P

#13 User is offline   Bad Santa 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Bad Santa

Post icon  Posted 17 May 2007 - 06:36 PM

View PostThe Scout, on May 1 2007, 07:46 PM, said:

I know a reason why a lot of Daggers aren't posting in here about going to Elite Weekend, its because a lot of people aren't going. A couple thousand dollars for a few days of paintball may not seem like much to you adults/older people :happy: but to most of us we really can't afford that on part time jobs. I realize you're not trying to imply this but I'm sure there are a ton of kids out there dedicated to paintball and playing the dagger style that can't afford to make it.

yes exactly, i'm 15 (i know im so much younger than all of you) but ive been playing since i was 10 pretty much. Ive been a dagger all my life but i can't afford to go to this thing. Not until next summer atleast
"It appears the location of my fist and your head are not mutually exclusive! It is a probability miracle."
"As you can see, my interest level is centered around zero and has a normal distribution with a standard deviation of 'suck my nuts.'"
"It's a simple and relatively safe medical procedure. You cut off my foreskin, so I think it's only natural to have the doctor pull out your toenails."
-Toothpaste for Dinner

#14 User is offline   REAPER8 

• PipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2007 - 06:54 PM

View Post8-Ball, on May 2 2007, 11:57 AM, said:

Guys,

As much as I'd love to see everyone possible go, could you PLEASE keep this thread on topic. It is important for not only myself but for those who will be attending the Elite Dagger workshop.

Anyfurther "cry me a River" posts in this thread will be considered spam. create another topic for that type of discussion or post your concerns on the Elite Weekend thread.

Thank you,
Ed

Hey B.S.- What part of this did you not understand? Just wondering?

#15 User is offline   toxic t0ast 

• If I cant dance, I dont want to be apart of your revolution.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:french t0ast

Posted 03 June 2007 - 06:12 PM

Name: Blake "french t0ast" Roney
Yrs playing: 3-4 years
Link to your Brigade page:
http://www.specialopspaintball.com/brigade...ew.asp?id=48662

If you PM me I can give you my phone and e-mail.

A short write up of:
I think I am ready to take it to the next step and try to earn the elite status. Why? Because I think I am a good player and have good sportsmanship. The honor of being an elite dagger would mean a lot to me. I would love to show that I am one of the few who have toughed it out and earned my way to elite status.

I hope to gain a lot of knowledge from the classes and hope to learn many more techniques and skills that would help me improve my game.

Why are you a Dagger;
I love to be right up in the front lines. Nothing is funner to me, just the feeling that you and THAT close to your enemies and that you could be in a lot of danger.

What is you greatest strength as a Dagger AND your greatest weakness.
I think my greatest strength is how I am able to think and react quick. One of my weakness is that I sometimes don't know how far I can push that thin line, and will get out.

Sorry if that all sounded weird, sometimes I have a hard time typing what I want to say.

This post has been edited by french t0ast: 03 June 2007 - 06:14 PM

<div align="center"><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Representing the Hate five oh! (850-Ska-core)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.myspace.com/thespanx" target="_blank">The Spanx (Our folk/indie band)</a></div>
<div align="center"></div>

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users