Special Ops Paintball: Midrange broadsword? - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Midrange broadsword? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

  • If we must die, we will die. but we will never yield.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 938
  • Joined: 13-April 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fayetteville, NC
  • Brigade Name:HALOWOLF

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:23 PM

So I use an SP-8... with no apex or similar barrel system. In fact, I plan on swapping out to a freak with a tactical front later on... tighter shot groupings from matched paint, ya know? Eh, works for me.

Anyway, point is, what do y'all think of mid-to-short range broadsword types, like me? I carry the load of a dedicated broadsword, and i fill the same tactical niche, but in closer to my line. do you think that's a true broadsword, or more of a heavy saber? (cutlass? heh)

anyway, it's just for discussion- I'm happy with the level of support i'm able to provide, and so are the people I provide it for- but i was just wondering what y'all think?
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

http://onpaintball.blogspot.com/
0

#2 User is offline   LoveMyMagMoreThanYou 

  • CPPA #1875
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 688
  • Joined: 27-October 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sedro-Woolley, WA
  • Brigade Name:Undying

Posted 21 April 2007 - 12:16 AM

View PostEthrealwolf, on Apr 20 2007, 10:23 PM, said:

So I use an SP-8... with no apex or similar barrel system. In fact, I plan on swapping out to a freak with a tactical front later on... tighter shot groupings from matched paint, ya know? Eh, works for me.

Anyway, point is, what do y'all think of mid-to-short range broadsword types, like me? I carry the load of a dedicated broadsword, and i fill the same tactical niche, but in closer to my line. do you think that's a true broadsword, or more of a heavy saber? (cutlass? heh)

anyway, it's just for discussion- I'm happy with the level of support i'm able to provide, and so are the people I provide it for- but i was just wondering what y'all think?



I personally think that is great for a broadsword. I think that longer distance eliminations have more to do with luck than anything else. Paint loses so much energy by the time it gets out too far that it tends to bounce instead of break.

:usa:
0

#3 User is offline   billybob 

  • The John Deere of paintball. Nothing mows as nice.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,310
  • Joined: 26-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Leavenworth County Kansas, everyone's a prisoner here
  • Brigade Name:billybob

Posted 24 April 2007 - 07:59 PM

I'd still call that a broadsword. That's just a broadsword with a bit more of an adrenaline addiction than most.
"Life sucks" ~LT
"What the Hell? Is Abercrombie making people now!!!?"~ Vash
0

#4 User is offline   South_Paw 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: 24-April 07
  • Brigade Name:South_Paw

Posted 25 April 2007 - 08:04 PM

long range broadswords seem rare. mose people get close to the action and still manage to keep the enemy's heads down or take em' off.
But longer range can help with staying alive but range is harder in most woodsball.
0

#5 User is offline   Matt 

  • ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,560
  • Joined: 15-March 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SoCal

Posted 25 April 2007 - 08:15 PM

like everybody else says,"think of the positions as a guideline"
just because maybe on the spec ops position info the picture has an apex/flatline does not mean taht you have to be a flat line. i mean, you can have a double trouble a5 and call your self a sniper. it does not matter. do what you feel is comfortable.
0

#6 User is offline   Wind 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 90
  • Joined: 12-April 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Grand Rapids
  • Brigade Name:Wind

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:18 PM

That all sounds just fine for a Broadsword. You don't have to have a flatline to give suppression fire or anything like that. It's nice if you have one and can sit back a little further, but if you can do the job without it then rock on.
Sabre #32
If one makes a decision with a cool head, he won't find himself regretting that decision later on.
0

#7 User is offline   anacondatm 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 113
  • Joined: 06-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Montreal, Quebec
  • Brigade Name:anacondatm

Posted 26 April 2007 - 11:22 AM

View PostEthrealwolf, on Apr 21 2007, 01:23 AM, said:

So I use an SP-8... with no apex or similar barrel system. In fact, I plan on swapping out to a freak with a tactical front later on... tighter shot groupings from matched paint, ya know? Eh, works for me.

Anyway, point is, what do y'all think of mid-to-short range broadsword types, like me? I carry the load of a dedicated broadsword, and i fill the same tactical niche, but in closer to my line. do you think that's a true broadsword, or more of a heavy saber? (cutlass? heh)

anyway, it's just for discussion- I'm happy with the level of support i'm able to provide, and so are the people I provide it for- but i was just wondering what y'all think?



hey man, your in the same boat as me. i always pack a full load (8+ pods, grenades, trip-wires, pistol, 10 pods for the pistol, extra air for the pistol, and anything else i can squeeze room for... but yeah, i'm without a doubt the walking arsenal for the team. oddly enough i'm also the most aggressive on the team... whats the expression? lead by example?
Anacondatm's Feedback | "close is only good in horse shoes, and hand grenades" - Grandpa
0

#8 User is offline   BlueDragonX 

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,686
  • Joined: 08-October 06
  • Brigade Name:BlueDragonX

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:20 PM

I think as long as you're playing the way you want to play then great. Too many people fall into the trap of thinking that the SpecOps positions are the Law of the Land and that if you don't fit into a position you're not right or something...

Ghost Recon - Chord Mag - E-Mag - Stiffi vs. C-Series
"Smart Parts, Debunking Sir Isaac Newton one paintball at a time." -Arstron (on AO)
0

#9 User is offline   BLACK MAMBA 

  • Living Luxerific
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,027
  • Joined: 30-May 06
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:03 PM

positions are not like checklist....just because you have a flatline or you wear a broadsword vest doesnt mean you play that part, its all in your preference......
Posted Image
MM PB /VALKEN / FLASC / CCC / COMPULSIVE / MSS / TIBERIUS / GUERRILLA
0

#10 User is offline   LoveMyMagMoreThanYou 

  • CPPA #1875
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 688
  • Joined: 27-October 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sedro-Woolley, WA
  • Brigade Name:Undying

Posted 26 April 2007 - 07:59 PM

View PostBeast02, on Apr 26 2007, 02:03 PM, said:

positions are not like checklist....just because you have a flatline or you wear a broadsword vest doesnt mean you play that part, its all in your preference......



As I've always said, the positions are more mindset and tactics than gear.

:usa:
0

#11 User is offline   newach 

  • STR8BALLA
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 109
  • Joined: 25-March 07
  • Brigade Name:ACH

Posted 27 April 2007 - 02:10 PM

I play the same way :happy:
If we cant do it it doesn't need to be done- sabre #23
broadsword #1 Commander #41
STR8BALLA #626(click on it to go to www.str8balla.com)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him achieve world domination.
0

#12 User is offline   D-MASTER 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5
  • Joined: 20-April 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Brigade Name:D-MASTER

Posted 27 April 2007 - 02:29 PM

yeah i agree with most of these people, in paintball every player is every position to some degree. if you set and ambush and succeed ur a sniper atm, if you commander is shot and ur next in line your the commander, if you see a flanking oppurtuniy that no one else can make your a dagger, and if you walk directly into a "pump-gun" ambush your a noob for a game.
0

#13 User is offline   Heavyman25 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 78
  • Joined: 27-December 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Brigade Name:Heavyman25

Posted 28 April 2007 - 08:03 PM

i like this broadsword playstyle
its a broad/sabre hybrid
0

#14 User is offline   GH Militia Man 

  • You can't spell SLAUGHTER with out LAUGHTER
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 404
  • Joined: 01-June 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Allendale, MI
  • Brigade Name:jrd49456

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:46 PM

This is exactly what I have been referring to as the Longsword position in my thread Broadsword Research since January

Quote

The Longsword
The lighter of the three in the Broadsword Family, but more orientated as a rifleman. Constantly on the move, but their there to get the other teams heads down. Right behind the other rifleman a Longsword grabs their opponents attention and either takes them out or opens the opportunity for Daggers or Sabers to do the job. This type of player carries a good deal of paint, and is well suited with a fast double trigger or a response trigger.


Position Icons for the Longsword and the Battle Axe with the rest of the normal positions and a small change to the standard Broadsword position.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

As you can see my avatar is taken from this list. I'm on the other end of this spectrum and play like a light Hammer with my $1200 upgraded A-5 A-2
0

#15 User is offline   LoveMyMagMoreThanYou 

  • CPPA #1875
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 688
  • Joined: 27-October 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sedro-Woolley, WA
  • Brigade Name:Undying

Posted 25 May 2007 - 07:25 PM

View PostGH Militia Man, on May 25 2007, 12:46 PM, said:

This is exactly what I have been referring to as the Longsword position in my thread Broadsword Research since January

Quote

The Longsword
The lighter of the three in the Broadsword Family, but more orientated as a rifleman. Constantly on the move, but their there to get the other teams heads down. Right behind the other rifleman a Longsword grabs their opponents attention and either takes them out or opens the opportunity for Daggers or Sabers to do the job. This type of player carries a good deal of paint, and is well suited with a fast double trigger or a response trigger.


Position Icons for the Longsword and the Battle Axe with the rest of the normal positions and a small change to the standard Broadsword position.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

As you can see my avatar is taken from this list. I'm on the other end of this spectrum and play like a light Hammer with my $1200 upgraded A-5 A-2


As soon as you post a new position, someone will post "I play somewhere between a longsword and a sabre, what would you call that position.........." and on and on it goes. I think we have enough and if you don't want to be called a broadsword and you carry more gear than a sabre, just remind people that you ARE a sabre..........

:usa:
0

Share this topic:


  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users