• You cannot reply to this topic

2" Nerf rockets?

#16 User is offline   cookie 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Cookie

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:27 PM

View PostMoon, on Apr 20 2007, 09:59 PM, said:

This site says "Wayne, MXS and Viper approved"; try again. Maybe at Waynes, I doubt at Viper, but definetly not at MXS. MXS rules specifically state "umodified Hasbro Nerf rockets", and also says no other brand allowed. I looked at Vipers rules and he pretty much says the same thing. If you want to verify with MXS read their rules or send a picture to Trips.
COOKIE
BAD MONKEYS
Team Cook
Armor Commander
Eunach Engineer
Minister of Internet Harassment

#17 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:52 PM

Contact the people of Hasbro and ask them if they can give you a List of Stores in or around your area that sell the Nerf Rockets youre asking about.

#18 User is offline   Aegis 

• Pronounced EE-jis
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Aegis

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:31 PM

Actually was talking with a team that I know; they just got and built a couple nice LAWs to take up to NJ Nam and Battle for Okinawa. One of em called up Hasbro, the makers of the NERF 2 Incher. Apparently, this is not a constant product. They make runs of them as requested, somewhat seasonally, and are supposedly soon to be discontinuing them in altogether in favor of the 'howler' series. Thankfully, several fields allow use of 'howler' rounds, regardless of the hard parts imbedded in them. I guess they just don't do enough damage to get people worried.
"Why is Loud Stupidity so infectious?" Rana, Sa'Aquta Market Fool
Current Armory: {PPS Superstocker][Peacemaker PG][Kingman Hammer Plus][VSC Phantom][ULE Automag][Smartech Knock Off][PM1 d/f][BT TM7][UMS TRGC Tac 8][Tac 8]
Smart Parts, Doc Nickle and Tom Kaye - Nuff Said---MCB Feedback SpecOps Feedback

#19 User is offline   cookie 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cookie

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:20 AM

View PostAegis, on May 8 2007, 12:31 AM, said:

Thankfully, several fields allow use of 'howler' rounds, regardless of the hard parts imbedded in them. I guess they just don't do enough damage to get people worried.

Damage? What damage? The 'hard parts imbedded in them' are in the side and barely stick out. Last time I checked nerfs were usually flying thru the air with the pointed end in the front and the fins in the rear, which means that it is the tip (pointed end) that hits first. Even if it hits at an angle the whistle will not come in contact, unless the hit is at an extreme angle (80 degrees plus) in which case the energy at the contact point is negligible.

The 2" howlers stopped being available in the US (as far as I can tell from my efforts in trying to buy them) about two years ago. They must be talking about the larger Mega-Howlers. I just purchased 13 dozen, so I guess I better plan on buying 20 to 25 dozen more and put them in the attic for future use. The ones currently being made (at least the Hasbro ones I get) are being made in China; the receipt calls them Larami Nerfs.
COOKIE
BAD MONKEYS
Team Cook
Armor Commander
Eunach Engineer
Minister of Internet Harassment

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic