Special Ops Paintball: What do you do when you are about to lose the game? - Special Ops Paintball

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What do you do when you are about to lose the game? Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#121 User is offline   Hornet Driver 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 November 2007 - 11:15 PM

Quite simple.

Play with even more conviction, yell louder, and to even more of my imaginary team-mates that aren't really left on the field, I communicate the exact positions of the people shooting at me.
FOCUS. DISCIPLINE. SUCCESS.
If you want to die, don't take me seriously.

#122 User is offline   Souleater 

• Well, I HAD 300 posts....
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Village Idiot

Posted 12 November 2007 - 09:38 AM

View PostDeadEye93, on Sep 20 2007, 06:21 PM, said:

View PostSouleater, on Sep 10 2007, 08:55 AM, said:

View PostDeadEye93, on Aug 24 2007, 09:41 PM, said:

hah lose? Bravo Company? what r u thinking. but really. here comes my favorite story. its a long one so grab a soda and some chips. seeing as we never lose :huh: this is a story of severe outnumbering, tactical defense, a last stand, a sparton textbook story, and a victory. here goes

so it was a rec game at out local field. about 7 guys from bravo company were there. me, co captain hotchkiss, and some walkon were behind a bunker flanking. i saw a ref and asked for a team count. on our blue team, he said the other refs and he havnt seen any other of us. and he said there was 40 ish reds.

"well CRAP" said i

so i lead us to a pillbox where we wiped off the inside of our goggles, distributed ammo, and checked our gas.

we all took a side window and left the doorway open, it was walled up so we were fine. hotchkiss called "runner" we all moved to his wall. i looked through my scope and saw it was a blue, then looked closer and saw it was co captain phillip james monica. he came in the door

"dude like 40 of them are all across the field amassing. i barely got away, i think [co captain] dave got hit"

we saw a guy run up and slam against a tree infront of the north window.

"color check, you blue soldier?" i yelled

"yeah..." he said and he ran at us shooting.

"TAKE EM OUT!!" i yelled

all 4 of us converged on the north window and hosed him.

i looked over at the walkon and he was hit in the face.

"well boys were down to three" i said

we had him give us his paint, he was happy to help, and then he left.

the rest is where a paintball playing angel was watching down on us.

*bzzt* this is dave, is anyone from bravo company there *bzzt*

*bzzt* dave, this is dewar, come to the pillbox *bzzt*

we saw him sprinting towards us and then we heard paintballs impacting on the walls of the pillbox.

"HOTCHKISS, PJ GET DOWN!" i yelled

as dave came through the door paint was flying through the windows and hitting walls from the east
i dove through the door on my side so i was facing the flank squad with my upper torso exposed and got all 3 of them with 9 shots total.

we heard the sound of elephant stomping and then we saw about 35 guys all running at our pillbox. we all converged on the west window and began shooting. pj and dave left the pillbox and flanked. it was an intense firefight with their men dropping like flies. then even threw in a grenade which i threw back and took out a few. the ref blew a whistle about 4-5 minutes in the firefight.

"hey ref time up?" i asked.

"nah man all the redz are dead" the ref said

as me and hotchkiss looked at eachother in amazement, i saw pj walking off the field

"hey man wheres dave" i asked

"he got hit moving bunkers, mustve taken out 7 before he got hit tho" he said

so anyways, basically 4-40 odds against us. all bravo companies captains against various skill leveled players.
thats our best story...enjoy. it just shows how great leadership and tactics always wins the day

Wow! :wacko: That's crazy!
Although, I must say, a defendable position like you had did help a bit, I'm sure..... :unsure:

Anyway, in my opinion, For a last stand you can't beat a good defendable spot- make them work to get at you!

i totally agree with u

but i just thot of a less glorious story.

so it was a rec game.

there was about 3 guys from bravo company there.

so we were fighting across the width of a field.

most of the other team was speedballers.

i ran behind a bunker. i was pretty much pinned as the other team kept on moving closer and closer. i got a few snap shot kills. but eventually, they got right on top of me so i couldnt do anything but sit there and hope they didnt see me. i looked around and i was the last one alive. i jumped up and emptied my hopper on any guy i saw. but they got closer and balls were flying all over the place past me. so i pulled out my pistol, and shot myself in the face.

theres another story ill tell later.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!! LoL! :( :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Oh, god I can't breathe!

ok- I'm good now. (you know how easy it is to laugh when you're in a library.... :wacko: )
Wow- now that was inventive. Lol

Nyway, for those of you who think THAT'S Un-glorious, let me tell you the true way Not to go out.

I was the last guy on my team. There were 2 guy up on a hill with good cover/fields of fire, who were taking shots at me, and who were about to charge down @ me. Plus there was another guy in a creek a long ways away with a flatline taking shots from there who I couldn't see at all.

I on the other hand, was on the low ground by the creek, The only cover was miscellaneous branches/shrubbery and 2 VERY thin trees, the thicker of which I was currently occupying. There was no other suitable cover or even concealment for at least 20- 30 yards to my front and sides and about 10-15 yards behind me uphill. I was facing the hill the 2 opfor were on. My left side had no options, cuz I'd go out of bounds. If I ran back up the hill, either the 2 opfor would get me, or the "sniper" would, before I got to cover. If I ran to the right along the creek, I could get away from the 2 on the hill, but the sniper would surely tag me. Plus any movement would be over difficult terrain (hills, gullys, branches, lots of slippery leaves) which meant that even luck would be nullified by the slowness of my movement.

So I did the only thing that came to mind- I unscrewed my co2 tank, and as the air began to hisssss out yelled "my guns busted- i'm out".

Yep. that's it. So what did I get for that?
A lame ending and a blown o-ring. Yes, I really did end up breaking my own stuff. (although I did have a spare O-ring)
Posted Image
People who say anything is possible never tried to slam a revolving door!!
There is no problem that cannot be solved with the proper application of explosives and duct tape.
How's that for a contradiction?

#123 User is offline   Firemarine 

• The Drunken Swede
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:FIREMARINE

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:33 PM

Well, I fight ferociously trying to take as many of them down before they achieve their objective. >=D

One match I was the sole remaining player against 15 other players. I hauled rear to a hill at the far end of the game area. It had a few pieces of wood to take cover behind. They all charged up to try and take me but I didn't make it easy for them. I took out a few of them before I was inevitably lit up.
  • 'Former' U.S. Marine 0311 Oorah! - Volunteer Firefighter - Martial Artist

#124 User is offline   Ace-014 

• Back From Life (FCSN)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace-014

Posted 13 November 2007 - 12:32 AM

I usually charge uncontrollably in blind rage (without the swear words). I find it wierd that I do this being that I'm usually controlled. Charging has only worked for me once when I sprinted all the way across the field to the 4 remaining players running from tree to log to tree while firing several shots. They knew what hit em, they were just to shocked to hit back. Most of the other times I do this I get pretty lit up.
Official SpecOps FC

#125 User is offline   Insanity Inc. 

• I fail.
  • Pip

Post icon  Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:25 AM

lol, i usually just sneak up behind them and scream in their ear and shoot them in the butt from point blank lol
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. If you're one of the few that stay true to metal, put this in your sig
If your parents do not buy you your gear, put this in your sig
You can run, but i'll catch you. You can hide, but i'll find you. All i've got is InSaNe.
~`!@#$%^&*()-_=+[{]}'";:.>,</? [b]iNsAnItY InC [/b]~`!@#$%^&*()-_=+[{]}'";:.>,</?

#126 User is offline   Death Envoy 

• Nos Mos Nunquam Intereo
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Death Envoy

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:51 PM

When about to lose, i usually just make sure no one is in my general vicinity and drop my "dummy" radio, which is always cranked to full blast. i fire a couple of shots into the air and run, findign cover with a good defensible spot on where i dropped my dummy radio. when the other team comes, i say random things into my radio, coming out of the dummy. they eventually find it, not even realizing im nearby....tillll.....WHAMthey learn the error of their ways. when they get back on their toes, i just yell "SURRENDER ONE MAN ARMY COMING YOUR WAY" in a really retarded voice, and then its up to the gods of fate.

#127 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 16 August 2008 - 07:50 AM

Since it's only a "game", there's no point in the, "Live to fight another day", philosophy. The hunted, must become the hunter, either using an all out "shock and awe", counter attack, or sneaking up on your opponents one by one...every once in a while you get lucky, and beat the odds...other times it's just a really humbling experience for your opponents to realize they won only because you ran out of paint.

For me it's a spin on the "element of surprise". When you're outnumbered, the opponent expects you to lose...with you just accepting your fate and continually retreating until you have no place left to hide. What helps me a little, is that people think because I'm an XL guy, that I cannot move fast, or without being observed...lots of people I put in the "dead box" can attest to that misconception. I always love seeing the "wide-eyes" when I catch my opponents making that mistake. The only thing better than that is when they scream...
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#128 User is offline   paintballer.111 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:46 AM

In woodsball, I'll give a last stand.In speedball, I wimper before 3 people lite me up at nearly point blank range!

#129 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:00 AM

I scream like a baby, kick the ground like a sissy and pummel the crap out of the person on the other side that I think cheated the most.

Oh wait....that's speedball.........never mind......

It's "do or die" for me...I never give up and run at them screaming "FREEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!". Sure I generally get blitzed if I'm the last one standing but that's all part of the game.....

This post has been edited by druid: 16 August 2008 - 10:00 AM

Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#130 User is offline   Fallout 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 August 2008 - 01:44 PM

Well at my field we play a total elimination game and it's going real bad for my team. I will lay low until the other team is real comfortable and walks out of there cover and starts checking around for the last players in groups. Then I try to shoot a bunch and then run away. Usually the whole enemy team at this point is near our starting position so I can hit a few and take of towards theres. I try to funnel them and hit them again while they come after me by stopping short and opening up on them again. Usually I get shout out after this but a few times I have managed to pull this kind of hit and run stuff a few times before getting shot.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven."
Such is the Rule of Honor

#131 User is offline   Jonas 

• Woodsball? Sounds fun.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:H

Posted 17 August 2008 - 05:44 PM

I sprint along the border of the field and shoot anyone I can screaming "HEZBOLLAH!"
Yeah I use an M-16 grip, wanna fight about it?

Best webcomic ever.

#132 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2008 - 06:18 PM

View PostJonas, on Aug 17 2008, 08:44 PM, said:

I sprint along the border of the field and shoot anyone I can screaming "HEZBOLLAH!"

I prefer the term "JIHAD!".
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#133 User is offline   OP4delta 

• Squad Commando
  • PipPip

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:47 PM

SHOOT 'EM!

its just a game, not real life, so heroics and stupidity can be a fun combination.

#134 User is offline   STAZ211 

• Do it........i dare you
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:STAZ211

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:28 AM

go out in a blaze of glory. fight to the last man, be as lound and dramatic as possible. its really fun and keeps the game interesting.

also a last charge is always fun...well....most of time...a hell its always fun. lol
"Let he who desires peace prepare for war..."

"Home of the free, because of the brave..."

#135 User is offline   kl0wn 

• PipPip

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:18 PM

I win it.

Share this topic:

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic