Special Ops Paintball: Co2 or Nitro - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Co2 or Nitro Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Co2 or Hpa/Nitro (126 member(s) have cast votes)

Co2 or Hpa/Nitro

1. Co2 (18 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. Hpa/Nitro (100 votes [79.37%])

Percentage of vote: 79.37%

3. doesnt matter (8 votes [6.35%])

Percentage of vote: 6.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 User is offline   The Angry Platypus 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 April 2007 - 01:05 PM

HPA and if you aspire to be a "Sniper" get a marker.
Thalassa kai pur kai gune, kaka tria.
To gar hedu, ean polu, ou ti ge hedu.

#17 User is offline   Paint Marine 

• Ghost Flanker
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Paint Marine

Posted 13 April 2007 - 01:30 PM

A 98c is fine for right now, you don't really need to get an A-5. If I had the money, I would get a longbow, they are just REALLY COOL! I have an A-5 and I like it a lot, but it's not the "best" marker, however, it is a good one.
IPB Image

Furtim, Patientia, Veneratio

#18 User is offline   tippmansniper 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:tippman sniper

Posted 14 April 2007 - 05:56 AM

ok thanks guys. im thinkin about hpa. like someone said, the number of shots doesnt really matter cuz when i wuz snipin yesterday, i took three shots. two of them were hits. keep the votes comin! :panzer:
I am there but you dont see me ~ Sniper
Pbreview.com

#19 User is offline   snipemaster13 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:snipemaster13

Posted 16 April 2007 - 11:12 AM

Ok i voted yes becuase it is more consistant therfore more accurate. However make sure you can get your tanks filled before you buy one. I bought one and it shoots nice and there is much more consistant.
If there was a fire in your house and the first thing you would grab would be your paintball gear, put this in your sig.

#20 User is offline   P 1 IVI P 1 N G 

• Team Stealth Commander
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:P 1 IVI P 1 N G

Posted 16 April 2007 - 12:11 PM

If you're a sniper who shoots a fair amount of paint during a game, you're not going to want CO2. If you like the one-shot, one-kill approach, go with CO2. It's cheaper, and if you're only taking one shot every minute or two, you're not going to notice a diiference. But if you like to take out entire squads by yourself, go with compressed air. The price tag will pay off (in satisfaction) in the long run.
Every time somebody shoots at someone who isn't wearing a mask, someone drowns a sack of puppies.
Every time somebody purposely overshoots someone, a dolphin is harpooned and eaten alive.
Every time somebody wipes, a family of bunnies gets run over by a Steamroller. That's why they have to reproduce so fast. Theoretically, that's how dinosaurs became extinct.

Team Stealth Official Site---HEMOG

#21 User is offline   wolfguard 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:47 AM

I assume since this is the sniper forum that is what you wish to be. I voted HPA

HPA
--HPA is much more consistent
--The expense comes from the cost of the tank and fills are slightly more expensive
--You get less shots with HPA but it should not matter during game if you are going to be a sniper
--Not affected by temperature or humidity
--Lower report and rarely any muzzle smoke
--Less strain on your marker

CO2
--You get more shots with CO2
--CO2 breaks down O rings quicker no matter what marker you use because of the liquid form of CO2
--With an anti-siphon tank and expansion chamber you can reduce o ring break down and improve consistency but you have just upped the cost of CO2. The chamer costs about $100 dollars, CO2 tank about $20, anti-siphon kit add another $10-20 dollars. You are in the range of an HPA tank at that point.
--Affected by temperatures no matter what you do
--Usually shoots louder and you almost always get some type of muzzle gas to show where you are

B)

This post has been edited by wolfguard: 17 April 2007 - 04:50 AM

#22 User is offline   neocool00 

• Insanity is a state of mind and I'm the governor.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:NEOCOOL00

Posted 04 May 2007 - 07:25 PM

Where are you buying x-chambers for a $100?! You can get a palmer's regulator which runs great on CO2 for under $90 (which is far better than any x-chamber). Other than that, I pretty much agree w/ you, wolfguard. One of the guys I play with has only two upgrades on his 98C, a J&J barrel and a palmer's stablizer.
My Feedback: Special Ops : Ion Owners : eBay

#23 User is offline   Sir Brass 

• He who bears the mark of those infected with Palmeritis
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sir Brass

Posted 26 May 2007 - 10:15 AM

Also, if you're running things right, you WILL NOT have o-ring degradation with CO2, wolfguard.

You say, "b/c of the liquid form of CO2." Well, I've got news for you pal: most markers are running GASEOUS CO2. Only way to guarantee liquid CO2 in the marker is a siphon tube. Sometimes you'll get spurts of liquid, but not with a decent reg you won't. And even then, o-ring degradation isn't very bad. So essentially that point is ludicrous.

And I still recommend HPA. More shot consistency, which is crucial for a "sniper" (heck, for anybody!). I run my blazer on a single stab and an HPA tank b/c of HPA's consistency no matter the weather. BUT, I still had erroneous, ignorant information.

About # of shots. With an efficient marker, you can play all day on a 68/4.5k HPA tank if you play smart. And by this I mean play outlaw. If you're playing at a commercial field it doesn't matter as much as it's usually only a few $$s more for all-day air than it is for a single fill. Thus, just get all-day air and you're set. For scenario: almost ALL vest can accomodate up to a 92ci HPA tank. That's definitely big enough to run your marker (no matter how much of a gas hog it is) for quite a while out on the scenario field between air fill-ups.
PPS Blazer (BZ2431): Veera, CCM SS-25: Emily
CPPA Member 1334
Famous last words: "Aw, crap." ~ Jake

#24 User is offline   Slivers 

• The charred ghost of Slivers
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Slivers

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:57 PM

Co2 for a couple reasons:

HPA is more consistent for shot to shot and a bit easier on your marker. Really, that's the only things it has going for it unless you play in cold weather.

Co2 is more widely available and can be stored longer. HPA is not as commonly available, the smaller fields just don't have it. HPA also tends to loose pressure over the course of a week or so, I've had Co2 bottles full after several months of non-use. The two systems are using the same sealing hardware, so my best guess here is that the Co2 doesn't leak because it's denser (liquid).

Much the same as filling a balloon with helium and another with water. Come back a month later, and the water balloon is full, the helium is all gone. The sealing hardware isn't perfect, and inevitably allows some space for the molecules to escape.

Subtitles aside, being that you're talking a 98c I really wouldn't worry about the extra expense of HPA. Your marker is designed from the ground up to run on Co2. I'd get an expansion chamber or a regulator if you're worried about it.
Posted Image
Flying straight above the steady stream of stars.

#25 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:53 PM

If you play outlaw or at low end fields stick with C02 if your running higher quality gear and fields (including scenario) then HPA is your friend, yes you get less shots from a relative tank size but you make up for it in performance and lighter wieght.

#26 User is offline   Icevayne 

• orange boxes go here:
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Duke of Destruction

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:36 PM

get HPA if you can afford it, tank if expensive. i recommend a crossfire 45/4500

#27 User is offline   Haunted Hunter 

• Vanguard
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Haunted Hunter

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:00 PM

I don't understand the misperception that HPA gives you better shot consistency. Maybe it's my marker, but I can shoot multiple shots on a chrono with CO2 and only have a variation of 6 or 7 FPS, that is, if the chrono is acccurate. That is more than consistent enough for me.

#28 User is offline   Sir Brass 

• He who bears the mark of those infected with Palmeritis
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sir Brass

Posted 29 June 2007 - 09:48 AM

View PostHaunted Hunter, on Jun 14 2007, 09:00 PM, said:

I don't understand the misperception that HPA gives you better shot consistency. Maybe it's my marker, but I can shoot multiple shots on a chrono with CO2 and only have a variation of 6 or 7 FPS, that is, if the chrono is acccurate. That is more than consistent enough for me.

What kind of marker are you running? And are you running a reg with it?
PPS Blazer (BZ2431): Veera, CCM SS-25: Emily
CPPA Member 1334
Famous last words: "Aw, crap." ~ Jake

#29 User is offline   arclight642 

• Safety is all of our concern.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:arclight642

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:16 PM

I voted CO2, primarily for the size of the propellant tanks. HPA tanks are huge compared to a 9oz CO2 tank, and I hate being tied to a marker via a remote, and having all that weight on the back of my vest. I love the fact that with shorty 9oz CO2 tanks, my marker is sleek, light, and maneuverable.

Now that being said, I run a Low Pressure Kit and a Palmer Fatty regulator, which allows me a tremendous number of shots out of that 9oz and great shot consistency--I can knock over a soda can in controlled conditions 3/5 times at about 100' and put each on a mask just about 5/5 times, again in controlled conditions. (*Actual woodsball is anything but controlled, obviously, but still, its a great kit*)

The only real disadvantage is the shoot down as the tank cools, and in cold/humid winter conditions, the condensation on the regulator and tank tend to freeze up! However, I try to shoot at a non-spastic pace so unless the weather is just perfectly against me, its all good. I have never had a problem with the CO2 eating apart my internal O-rings, I have used the same internals for over a year on a used A5 and still get perfect service every Sunday.

Just my .02 grams of propellant, for what its worth.......

arc
IPB Image

How many balls per second are you going to miss me with? --unknown baller

Do your duty, no matter what may come. --Jacques DeMolay

#30 User is offline   Goldensurfboard 

• I like to surf
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Tom The Bomb

Posted 17 July 2007 - 12:31 AM

I say you should get HPA because it's generally more consistent. But before you get a tank, make sure that you can 3000-4500 PSI fills somewhere in your area.
"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."-Sun Tzu
Check out my sale! My Feedback My Wants

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users