Tactics and Marker Selection self control? Rate Topic: -----

#46 User is offline   ChurchTRPT 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:THE CHURCH

Posted 01 October 2007 - 10:21 AM

View Postkilcham, on Apr 11 2007, 08:38 AM, said:

Because of speed and my body size (yes I can hide behind anything) when I started playing paintball I was immediately thrown in the front. I have been a dagger for the last 3 years and have loved it. Here’s where I'm going.... I started with a stock 98 custom, went to a Shocker, then an Autococker, then an Ion, and now an A5.(All bought with my hard earned money for all burners) After trying a lot of good markers out I plan to keep my A5 without an e grip because of my position. :huh:

The Shocker and Ion were both crazy fast, and I LOVED letting loose with them, :D but I went through double even triple the paint I was using with the Autococker or Tippmann. More paint= More Pods, and I found myself shooting more and maneuvering less. A fast gun made me slower and less aggressive. (Movement not shooting) So I now compensate for my lack of control with a slower marker. Anyone else the same?

As a dagger I feel that I should depend on teammates for excessive cover fire. And if I'm too far out to depend on my teammates, excessive fire will only help enemies locate my current position with more ease. Accuracy and comfort should be the primary concerns in choosing a marker for the dagger position. Now I must point out that the Ion and Shocker were just as accurate and comfortable as my A5, I just shot way too much. The Autococker was by far the most accurate of all the markers I have used, but I was never able to get completely comfortable with the feel of the trigger.

Just some thoughts on the position, curious as to how others felt.

I agree entirely. Plus it's cheaper to play that way, which is always nice! I've never owned a "paint-sprayer" but I have used them and you are exactly right! More firepower makes you move less and makes you less of a Dagger, more like a medium or heavy rifleman. Good thinkin. And give the dual pistol thing a try once! You just might like it.
"You are my hammer and weapon of war." - Jeremiah 51:20
As I crawl through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil, for God is behind me with a DOUBLE TROUBLE!

ROUGHNECK PUMPER

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users