• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tactics and Marker Selection self control? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   kilcham 

• Dagger Command
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 April 2007 - 06:38 AM

Because of speed and my body size (yes I can hide behind anything) when I started playing paintball I was immediately thrown in the front. I have been a dagger for the last 3 years and have loved it. Here’s where I'm going.... I started with a stock 98 custom, went to a Shocker, then an Autococker, then an Ion, and now an A5.(All bought with my hard earned money for all burners) After trying a lot of good markers out I plan to keep my A5 without an e grip because of my position. :dry:

The Shocker and Ion were both crazy fast, and I LOVED letting loose with them, :D but I went through double even triple the paint I was using with the Autococker or Tippmann. More paint= More Pods, and I found myself shooting more and maneuvering less. A fast gun made me slower and less aggressive. (Movement not shooting) So I now compensate for my lack of control with a slower marker. Anyone else the same?

As a dagger I feel that I should depend on teammates for excessive cover fire. And if I'm too far out to depend on my teammates, excessive fire will only help enemies locate my current position with more ease. Accuracy and comfort should be the primary concerns in choosing a marker for the dagger position. Now I must point out that the Ion and Shocker were just as accurate and comfortable as my A5, I just shot way too much. The Autococker was by far the most accurate of all the markers I have used, but I was never able to get completely comfortable with the feel of the trigger.

Just some thoughts on the position, curious as to how others felt.

#2 User is offline   Bielerga 

• The Chemist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Seaspray

Posted 11 April 2007 - 09:22 AM

no marker is more accurate than any other... some are more constant but unless you had a karnivor there is no way your cocker was more consistent than your shocker. Anyways yeah I have the same problem with wanting to shoot more. Its really hard to try to move when your thinking "man I still have 500 rounds left" so I've picked up pump again to get back into the swing of moving.
I am an arms dealer, fitting you with weapons in the form of words

BLOOD FEST OCT 27TH HALLOWEEN BIG GAME Oh,IN,KY Teams

#3 User is offline   EPIC_Fox 

• filth.fm
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:EPIC_Fox

Posted 11 April 2007 - 01:28 PM

i agree with you..ive used a a5, 2 different types of cockers, a 2k5 timmy, phantom, 98c, prolite, phantom, nerve, emag, basically a lot of guns for this position...and i agree with you. having a fast gun does tend to mean not moving so much, since you just shoot the player out instead of manuvering and using one ball to take him out.
Boss Paintball

#4 User is offline   JJaxx 

• Sneaky S.O.B.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JJaxx

Posted 11 April 2007 - 02:57 PM

That is why I like to use my pump when i play dagger. Not having fire power makes me more likely to move. That and my pump is light. Which makes running around easier.
My Feedback!
Team Capt. of Shadow Force. "Fear the shadows"

#5 User is offline   DaggerBurn 

• scratch kitty scratch
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kohburn

Posted 12 April 2007 - 09:11 AM

I agree - going to q-pods has helped me a bit since it limits my amo - but I am in the middle of getting a set of pistols to give the dual pistol thing a go. if it doesn't work out i'll keep one as a side arm and sell the other to a teamate as a side arm.

#6 User is offline   SN toter 

• Yes, I had a Super Nova
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SN TOTER

Posted 12 April 2007 - 01:39 PM

I'm a big mag fan, but recently I picked up an x7 for fun. Its surprisingly lighter than I expected, and pretty manueverable...I also stay away from the 'spray and pray' method...I'm more for light ammo, speed(me, not the gun), and a bit of stealth :ghillie:
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Forsaken 

• *sigh*
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Forsaken

Posted 13 April 2007 - 04:49 AM

I agree with waht your saying, but I love having the high firepower in case I'm in a pickle. I take the same amount of shots as I would with a slower gun, but at a faster rate. I'm more of a burst person than an automatic type. I'll run up and fire quickly to keep the enemies heads down, then pummel them with another 3 shots, just enought to get the job done, with out using to much ammo.
IPB Image

#8 User is offline   Wind 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Wind

Posted 14 April 2007 - 09:08 AM

I also tend to shoot in quick bursts and I like when I can shoot my rounds out quickly so I can get back behind cover when I'm up close. If shooting to much paint is becoming an issue I've gone to either a slower shooting marker or carry less ammo to try and help me be more conscious about my ammo use.
Sabre #32
If one makes a decision with a cool head, he won't find himself regretting that decision later on.

#9 User is offline   TREE FITTY 

• Time to get to business...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TIPPMANN6791

Posted 14 April 2007 - 09:27 AM

I find it funny, I am basically everything there is out on the field, with a decent gear kit to fit all. Four pods, tippmann a-5a2, air on my back going remote, and I am quick, though a little taller. I know how to command well, I make a heck of a dagger for my team, I "accurately suppress" as I call it, suppress, but if they are dumb enough, I nail them with a stream of paint. I also have this uncanny ability to ambush people as a sniper. Not to brag , just saying that four pods, remote, and decent speed are all you really need to be just about....anything.

did I die for a second there?...

#10 User is offline   Bielerga 

• The Chemist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Seaspray

Posted 14 April 2007 - 01:37 PM

specialization does have many benefits though.
I am an arms dealer, fitting you with weapons in the form of words

BLOOD FEST OCT 27TH HALLOWEEN BIG GAME Oh,IN,KY Teams

#11 User is offline   Slivers 

• The charred ghost of Slivers
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Slivers

Posted 14 April 2007 - 09:07 PM

I'm a huge fan of markers with limits used to force players to rely on one another.

There's a balance a dagger has to find between high ROF and low capacity though. Like you said, too much firepower makes you less mobile and more likely to bunker down and play broadsword. On the other hand, too much precision discourags you from joining the fray. This would be good for snipers, but not daggers.

I'd go for 3 round bursts, regardless of the firing platform.
Posted Image
Flying straight above the steady stream of stars.

#12 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:59 AM

like bielerga said, no gun is any more accurate...many people believe that pumps are more accurate because you only get 1-2 shots so you take more time to aim and become better with 1 shot kills...but again, no gun is more accurate...you can take a fricken walmart crapper gun and take a experienced player...its not the gun thats accurate, its the player...many people believe that its the gun but i believe that its the player
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#13 User is offline   Slivers 

• The charred ghost of Slivers
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Slivers

Posted 15 April 2007 - 12:39 PM

View Postflorentine, on Apr 15 2007, 12:59 PM, said:

like bielerga said, no gun is any more accurate...many people believe that pumps are more accurate because you only get 1-2 shots so you take more time to aim and become better with 1 shot kills...but again, no gun is more accurate...you can take a fricken walmart crapper gun and take a experienced player...its not the gun thats accurate, its the player...many people believe that its the gun but i believe that its the player

Not entirely correct there. A more consistant air system hugely contributes to shot to shot consistency, which translates to accuracy.

Not that it's as much of an issue in the dagger position, he's usually working at a closer range.

This post has been edited by Slivers: 15 April 2007 - 12:39 PM

Posted Image
Flying straight above the steady stream of stars.

#14 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:10 PM

View PostSlivers, on Apr 15 2007, 12:39 PM, said:

View Postflorentine, on Apr 15 2007, 12:59 PM, said:

Not entirely correct there. A more consistant air system hugely contributes to shot to shot consistency, which translates to accuracy.

Not that it's as much of an issue in the dagger position, he's usually working at a closer range.

could have told you that from a mile away...lol...im not always wayin that its the gun none of the time...i agree that if your using some extremely crappy balls and a crappy gun, then maybe theyre accuracy will be affected...but i agree with the part that they work at closer ranges, but you need SOME accuracy even at close range...you could miss at a range of 10 yards...its possible, ive done that before but because i was gettin shot at...it comes odwn to the player 90% of the time, 8$ equipment, and 2% weather factors
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#15 User is offline   The Immolater 

• Pop 'n load
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:The Immolater

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:21 AM

I use my T9 in rifle form or sometimes as a pistol. Its pretty comfy to use. I take a few mags out and sneak up on the enemy. Because you only have a few shots(8!) you are forced to pick your moments very carefully, it works well.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users