• You cannot reply to this topic

The R/T Tuning Guide for Dummies Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#31 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 31 March 2007 - 07:40 PM

My tip: if you're running an R/T with a Cyclone Feed, you NEED a Vortex Ratchet. When using both together, you're operating very close to the bare minimum needed for the Cyclone to work properly. When the pressure starts to drop, you will quickly run into a sticky mess. The Vortex ratchet halves the operating pressure and will keep you running just fine.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#32 User is offline   uber 

• your base r belong 2 us
  • Pip

Posted 02 April 2007 - 10:42 AM

View PostWardenWolf, on Mar 31 2007, 07:40 PM, said:

My tip: if you're running an R/T with a Cyclone Feed, you NEED a Vortex Ratchet. When using both together, you're operating very close to the bare minimum needed for the Cyclone to work properly. When the pressure starts to drop, you will quickly run into a sticky mess. The Vortex ratchet halves the operating pressure and will keep you running just fine.

vortex ratchet? more details please. also - ive shot about 1000 balls so far in getting used to my a-5 and some target practice.. havent had any problems with the cyclone.
IPB Image

#33 User is offline   THE MENACE 

• /\ jewish rambo
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:THE MENACE

Posted 02 April 2007 - 03:04 PM

warden:

i will have to put that in there and i will gladly add your name to the helper's list. unless you dont want me to :P

-THE MENACE

I'm a gun totin' scripture quotin' truck lovin' war shovin' meat eatin' liberal beatin' CONSERVATIVE!
feedback (+26/-0)---Team Chaotic Paintball is recruiting!!!---Team Chaotic Paintball.com---IMPORTANT INFO

#34 User is offline   paintman2151 

• COMMAND SERGENT
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:21 AM

nice post.

As for changing out the tubing as suggested by Tom, i have heard this will also increase your max bps when sweet spoted, fact or myth dont know but thats just what i heard.

and yes, i love my r/t, while in the sweet spot i am able to empty an entire hopper in one long burst, so yeah the r/t does come in handy. And yes you will need a good hopper to keep up with your r/t, personally i use my halo and everything is fine and dandy.
Check out my D-Day Scenario Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw31DMkJWl4...re=channel_page

^^^^WATCH THE VIDEO^^^^

#35 User is offline   tmsaber 

• tmsaber
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:tmsaber

Posted 13 April 2007 - 04:45 PM

View PostTHE MENACE, on Mar 19 2007, 07:21 PM, said:

-Vortex Ratchet- If you're running an R/T with a Cyclone Feed, you NEED a Vortex Ratchet. When using both together, you're operating very close to the bare minimum needed for the Cyclone to work properly.

So a vortex ratchet will cut the amount of air used in half? What does it look like and do you think my paintball store would sell it for my A-5?

Sabre- If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!
Official Sabre #19

#36 User is offline   THE MENACE 

• /\ jewish rambo
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2007 - 01:09 PM

nice post.

As for changing out the tubing as suggested by Tom, i have heard this will also increase your max bps when sweet spoted, fact or myth dont know but thats just what i heard.

and yes, i love my r/t, while in the sweet spot i am able to empty an entire hopper in one long burst, so yeah the r/t does come in handy. And yes you will need a good hopper to keep up with your r/t, personally i use my halo and everything is fine and dandy.

thanks, man. yeah, it will give ya more bps, as being mroe gas is getting to the piston. i won a qloader from blast radius woodsball podcast, it shoiuld replace my revvy as my hopper :ghillie:

So a vortex ratchet will cut the amount of air used in half? What does it look like and do you think my paintball store would sell it for my A-5?

http://www.specialopspaintball.com/shop/pr...p;SEARCH=VORTEX

should help ya out :)

-THE MENACE

I'm a gun totin' scripture quotin' truck lovin' war shovin' meat eatin' liberal beatin' CONSERVATIVE!
feedback (+26/-0)---Team Chaotic Paintball is recruiting!!!---Team Chaotic Paintball.com---IMPORTANT INFO

#37 User is offline   PercisionThreat 

• MASTER Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PercisionThreat

Posted 07 May 2007 - 07:03 PM

Any info or help on installing a Response on an X7.

-PT

#38 User is offline   THE MENACE 

• /\ jewish rambo
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:14 PM

not yet, man. tis the same concept as the a-5, though. ill poke around for ya :)

-THE MENACE

#39 User is offline   napalm6339 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 09 June 2007 - 01:05 PM

View PostTHE MENACE, on Mar 19 2007, 07:21 PM, said:

Tuning your R/T:

Now you want to shoot ropes? Sure thing. All you have to do is slowly pull the trigger whilst turning the screw.

Hate to sound like the total n00b, but u talking about the velocity adjustment?

#40 User is offline   THE MENACE 

• /\ jewish rambo
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2007 - 11:40 AM

Hate to sound like the total n00b, but u talking about the velocity adjustment?

lol, you dont. n00b stuff is what my first ten posts were :evil: i still laugh at what i did

there is a small screw on the silver part of the r/t hose. turn taht with a small screwdriver. you shouldnt have any problems tuning it :comp:

-THE MENACE

#41 User is offline   PercisionThreat 

• MASTER Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PercisionThreat

Posted 14 June 2007 - 02:40 PM

Any RT info for the X7.

-PT

#42 User is offline   THE MENACE 

• /\ jewish rambo
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2007 - 01:21 PM

from what i understand, its very similar to the a5. ill do a little more in-depth-research. aka, im gonna go ask the guys at the pro-shop.

-THE MENACE

#43 User is offline   G36C 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:G36C

Posted 02 July 2007 - 11:33 AM

"First lets make sure your RT is in proper working condition. Gas up your gun. Turn the RT adjustment all the way counter-clockwise until it stops. Fire your gun one or two times. This should make your trigger VERY hard to pull, this insures you that your RT is working correctly with no leaks."

you have to turn it all the way clockwise to check that its working properly with no leaks. not counter clockwise.

This post has been edited by G36C: 02 July 2007 - 11:34 AM

A5 I Opsgear SAW Shroud I Opsgear SAW Drum Mag I Opsgear SAW Stock I Opsgear 16" M4 Barrel I APE v2.0 Egrip I Techted Cyclone I Polished Internals I X7 Hopper I Tasco 30mm Red Dot I Palmers A5 Stabilizer I Tiberius Arms Fore Grip I

#44 User is offline   THE MENACE 

• /\ jewish rambo
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:41 PM

counter clockwise opens it up

-THE MENACE

#45 User is offline   jessecain1 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 15 July 2007 - 09:29 AM

thanks it helped

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic