• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Multicam Knock-Offs at RAP4.com Real Action Paintball All-Terrain BDUs

#16 User is offline   Swamp Thing 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SwampThing666

Posted 17 September 2007 - 08:48 AM

In general I hate Knock Offs. Yes that are cheaper but you get what you pay for. Most Knockoff stuff that I have seen comes from china and after this last year anyone who thinks china stands for quality must have their head stuck in the sand.

Swamp
Captain Underground Mod Shop Special Operations Guerrillas U.M.S.S.O.G.
SPPL 2nd Place Rookie Division 2008 @ Bearclaw
Executive Officer of the 352nd Panzenjagers OK D Day (2008)
CO of the 709th Artillerie Regiment, OK D Day (2009)

#17 User is offline   schnebit13 

• Schmuck
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:schnebit13

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:06 AM

Every genine Multicam item I've seen for sale has a Crye tag on it. The RAP 4 stuff doesn't come with it. Also, if they were genuine Multicam I believe they would advertise it as such. Since they call it "all terrain" I'd say it's a chinese knock off.

I'd suggest a real life comparision if you can find some Crye fabric in a store, because the color difference is minute, but the feel of the fabric is vastly different.

#18 User is offline   shartley 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:26 AM

View Postschnebit13, on Sep 18 2007, 07:06 AM, said:

Every genine Multicam item I've seen for sale has a Crye tag on it. The RAP 4 stuff doesn't come with it. Also, if they were genuine Multicam I believe they would advertise it as such. Since they call it "all terrain" I'd say it's a chinese knock off.

I'd suggest a real life comparision if you can find some Crye fabric in a store, because the color difference is minute, but the feel of the fabric is vastly different.

You may very well be correct. I would see NO reason to call it something other than Multicam if it was indeed Multicam.

As for the feel of the fabric, I have to warn to not use that as an indicator by itself. I have samples of every weight of fabric Crye produces and they often times feel much different from each other.

I have to also add that not all genuine Multicam items have a Crye or Genuine Multicam tag on it..... mine don't. :) When ordering fabric from Crye you get one free tag per certain amount of fabric ordered. For large items it works out great, but for smaller ones you simply have too many items per length of fabric. So I would have to order more tags to have one on each product. Now for larger businesses that is not an issue. But for one as small as mine I have to cut costs where I can, or pass them on to the customer.... and I am not willing to pass on even a slight increase to my customers for a little tag on the items.

Folks know my reputation and if I say they are genuine Multicam people know that is what it is. Plus, I always tell folks that if they doubt me just give Crye a call and they will verify that I use their fabric, I am after all buying it from them on a regular basis. ;) (If folks want to verify the business name is Blackleaf Outfitters.)

I just point that out so that folks don't think that is the end all for Multicam identification.

But thanks for the post. You do bring up a good point about the name.

This post has been edited by shartley: 18 September 2007 - 08:28 AM

“It is easier to blow out a match than it is to control a forest fire.” - Me
POG #934 / CPPA #2157 / LPPC #1 / BLACKLEAF OUTFITTERS
IPB Image

#19 User is offline   shartley 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 19 September 2007 - 12:03 PM

I found out today that indeed Rap4 is making their products from illegal Chinese fabric and not genuine Multicam or licensed Multicam (there is a difference, but I can't get into it for confidentiality reasons). So needless to say this should be interesting how it all unfolds with time. :D But Crye has known about them and that is all I can say on the matter.
IPB Image

#20 User is offline   schnebit13 

• Schmuck
  • Pip

Posted 03 October 2007 - 06:51 AM

View Postshartley, on Sep 19 2007, 03:03 PM, said:

I found out today that indeed Rap4 is making their products from illegal Chinese fabric and not genuine Multicam or licensed Multicam (there is a difference, but I can't get into it for confidentiality reasons). So needless to say this should be interesting how it all unfolds with time. ;) But Crye has known about them and that is all I can say on the matter.

Crye's office is in a bad neighborhood in Brooklyn. Do yo wanna mess with someone who lives in a bad neighborhood in Brooklyn? I think RAP 4 is going to have some problems with their "all terrain" camo soon.

#21 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• Accuracy through Volume of Fire!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadowjackal

Posted 03 October 2007 - 09:26 AM

Good Info, everyone!
I have been looking for a set of Crye multicam BDU's. My question is this: where should I look to find my best deal on a set of these using authentic Crye multicam fabric? It is obvious you folks have done your research, that is why I am asking, thanks for your help!
Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. My lovingkindness and my fortress, My high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the ONE in whom I take refuge!

Automags: Because only the best will do!

#22 User is offline   shartley 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 03 October 2007 - 11:16 AM

View PostShadowjackal, on Oct 3 2007, 09:26 AM, said:

Good Info, everyone!
I have been looking for a set of Crye multicam BDU's. My question is this: where should I look to find my best deal on a set of these using authentic Crye multicam fabric? It is obvious you folks have done your research, that is why I am asking, thanks for your help!

There is a misunderstanding out there about Multicam. There are three types of Multicam. Genuine Crye Multicam, Genuine Milticam (licensed for use by Crye to other companies but not produced by them), and illegal Multicam (that speaks for itself). I can’t get into it all in detail because Crye asked me to not get into it with the general public. But they did say I was able to tell customers that they should contact the manufacturer of the product should there be any issues concerning the fabric. I.E. If you buy from Propper or Tru Spec, contact THEM directly about the issues. They are using Genuine Multicam (licensed). And if you buy from Crye, contact them.

So in short…. The only place to get authentic Crye Multicam fabric uniforms is from Crye. It is not the only place to get licensed Genuine Multicam fabric uniforms though. True Spec, Propper, and SKD, and TAD are just four off the top of my head. Some claim to be actual Crye fabric, but I will point out that this may not be quite accurate and a slip of the marketing tongue. But again, any of them should be fine and all of them are LEGAL.

I would worry more about your needs and the product price than whether the actual fabric came from Crye to make the product…. as long as it is not an illegal version of the fabric.

I hope that helps. And again, I use fabric directly from Crye for my products.
IPB Image

#23 User is offline   dislexiclawyer 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 03 October 2007 - 01:39 PM

I just checked out RAP's site, and the price has dropped to $40 for a set.

#24 User is offline   schnebit13 

• Schmuck
  • Pip

Posted 12 October 2007 - 07:31 AM

View Postdislexiclawyer, on Oct 3 2007, 04:39 PM, said:

I just checked out RAP's site, and the price has dropped to $40 for a set.

Rap4 is blowing out all their "all terrain camo" items. I'd guess Crye's lawyers got in touch wtih them.

#25 User is offline   gorton-guy 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:catso4

Posted 18 June 2008 - 02:35 PM

rap4 is now calling it desert camo :evil:

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic