dumb mistakes?

#1 User is offline   Sgtcarlisle 

• Carlisle8642
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Privatecarlisle

Posted 05 March 2007 - 10:11 AM

What dumb mistakes have you made?

I like the one about the guy that messed up his X7 I really feel sorry for him though. Me, When I bought my first marker it was messed up and I couldn't tell if it was a good deal or not so I took it. The markers regulator was messed up and I had to send it back to the manufacter. I got messed out of 75 dollars that time!
Infantry all the way, Path finders show the way!!! Pvt.Carlisle!!

#2 User is offline   Firemarine 

• The Drunken Swede
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:FIREMARINE

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:45 PM

Everyones been talking about that idiot with the X-7. Still cracks me up every time, though.

My stupidest mistake? Well, I've always been keen on safety with wearing a mask and such so I havn't had any problems with that...but I recall something worth mentioning.

I was playing at a field I'm a regular at around the weekends. A great place in the woods with about 8 fields. But anyway, it started raining in the middle of the day, but despite that we all kind of rallied and kept on playing. (Performance and accuracy was horrible, but we all had a lot of fun). Anyway, one field is called 'the trenches', as its name applies it has a lot of trenches. And everyone knows they fill up with water pretty quickly.

So in the game I came under heavy fire while trying to advance, and I saw a small foxhole about 10 feet away behind a log. So I sprinted full force and dove in to it face first. There lies the problem, haha. I landed face first in to a giant mud pit. I walked away without an injury, just a mouth full of mud. So I guess my only pain was from my embarrassment.

Moral of the story: Look before you leap.
  • 'Former' U.S. Marine 0311 Oorah! - Volunteer Firefighter - Martial Artist

#3 User is offline   1-I 

• Creator of the number 7
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:1-I

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:50 PM

every time i see one of these threads I almost feel obligated to respond.

you guys have got to be sick of me telling the same boring story over and over and over.

so this one is a different mistake i made.

totally disassembled my m98 but forgot to put the spring and the spring guide back in place, next day im playing with it and cant firgure out why it wont shoot, its cocked and gassed by pulling the trigger isnt doing any good.

took me awhile to realise my mistake, like 2 hours.
Posted Image

Glory is for the weak.

#4 User is offline   Firemarine 

• The Drunken Swede
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:FIREMARINE

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:53 PM

Well, you know what they say...

Without explaining the past, history is doomed to repeat itself. I think these kinds of threads are good. They help prevent a lot of mistakes and its usually a good read.
  • 'Former' U.S. Marine 0311 Oorah! - Volunteer Firefighter - Martial Artist

#5 User is offline   Haunted Hunter 

• Vanguard
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Haunted Hunter

Posted 05 March 2007 - 06:58 PM

While playing, the cotter pin on my spyder bolt pin got caught on my glove and came out. (found it later on my glove). The bolt slowly slid out while shooting, and then the spring shot the bolt out backwards at my mask. Lesson learned, make sure any spyder pins have a better locking pin than a cotter pin. I Use a small key ring now to lock the bolt in place.

#6 User is offline   Sgtcarlisle 

• Carlisle8642
  • PipPip

Posted 09 March 2007 - 09:02 AM

View PostHaunted Hunter, on Mar 5 2007, 10:58 PM, said:

While playing, the cotter pin on my spyder bolt pin got caught on my glove and came out. (found it later on my glove). The bolt slowly slid out while shooting, and then the spring shot the bolt out backwards at my mask. Lesson learned, make sure any spyder pins have a better locking pin than a cotter pin. I Use a small key ring now to lock the bolt in place.

I agree with that. My spyder that I sold did the same thing and it was annoying when it hit me in the arm

View PostFiremarine, on Mar 5 2007, 05:45 PM, said:

Everyones been talking about that idiot with the X-7. Still cracks me up every time, though.

My stupidest mistake? Well, I've always been keen on safety with wearing a mask and such so I havn't had any problems with that...but I recall something worth mentioning.

I was playing at a field I'm a regular at around the weekends. A great place in the woods with about 8 fields. But anyway, it started raining in the middle of the day, but despite that we all kind of rallied and kept on playing. (Performance and accuracy was horrible, but we all had a lot of fun). Anyway, one field is called 'the trenches', as its name applies it has a lot of trenches. And everyone knows they fill up with water pretty quickly.

So in the game I came under heavy fire while trying to advance, and I saw a small foxhole about 10 feet away behind a log. So I sprinted full force and dove in to it face first. There lies the problem, haha. I landed face first in to a giant mud pit. I walked away without an injury, just a mouth full of mud. So I guess my only pain was from my embarrassment.

Moral of the story: Look before you leap.

I feel sorry for sorry for you man.

I'd say mine was one of those common sence ones. We were playing on a tourny field and I run twords the enemy base. I got there and was in a good spot for a supprise attack. Well I got of maybe ten shot and stood up like an idiot and was pegged. I was so ticked off because of my stupid mistake, I knew I couldn't hit the guy if I stood up btu ended up doing it anyway.

#7 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 09 March 2007 - 11:37 PM

i fell dumb asking that what is the story about the guy with the x7
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#8 User is offline   MESSIAH OF DEATH 

• Canadian HITMAN
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MESSIAH OF DEATH

Posted 10 March 2007 - 09:46 AM

He tried to mod it and put a plasma torch to the reciever.

IE very hot flame and a magneisum alloy. He wont be playing with that maker anytime soon.

http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=101370

This post has been edited by MESSIAH OF DEATH: 10 March 2007 - 09:47 AM

automaggot # 125

#9 User is offline   Fashion assasin 

• rock me Amadeus^ OMG! i have 2 blockies!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:fashion assasin

Posted 10 March 2007 - 02:55 PM

thats ok QC MAD KID , i didnt know bout that

we in this together

o ya to subject , my freind ran into a barb wire fence
moral of the story : look before u leap or sprint

I have 20% warn , im such a rebel!

#10 User is offline   reaver304 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:chupacabra304

Posted 10 March 2007 - 10:52 PM

hmmm theres alot... but my stupidest? well probably me readingand learning everything I could about my Ion then breaking it the first day i got it...
you need me to point your fingers at and say thats the bad guy
but that doesnt make you good guys it just makes you cowards that dont have the guts to be what you wanna be...there are ambush snipers and ghost flankers im both!

#11 Guest_Burning Tears_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 12 March 2007 - 02:21 PM

Mine is probally when I was using my friends Smart Parts marker (not sure of model), and shot myself in the nuts. Or maybe when my gun was gassed up and I accidently pulled the field strip pin and it flew out and knocked me out...Both guns were Chrono'd at 300below. Once I seen a kid blow his nut of, I think the left one, with his gun maxed out, he checked it with a Chrono and tuned it max, he though it would be funny to hear the people when he shot them, well, he shot his nut sack off, literally, and went to the emergency room...He aint got nuts anymore...Poor dude... :o

#12 User is offline   Sgtcarlisle 

• Carlisle8642
  • PipPip

Posted 13 March 2007 - 09:26 AM

View Postredleg_64, on Mar 13 2007, 12:08 AM, said:

:P

what is that about

#13 User is offline   Ka1iBuR 

• The swagger of an EMPEROR!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ka1iBuR

Posted 13 March 2007 - 09:31 AM

View PostBurning Tears, on Mar 12 2007, 04:21 PM, said:

Mine is probally when I was using my friends Smart Parts marker (not sure of model), and shot myself in the nuts. Or maybe when my gun was gassed up and I accidently pulled the field strip pin and it flew out and knocked me out...Both guns were Chrono'd at 300below. Once I seen a kid blow his nut of, I think the left one, with his gun maxed out, he checked it with a Chrono and tuned it max, he though it would be funny to hear the people when he shot them, well, he shot his nut sack off, literally, and went to the emergency room...He aint got nuts anymore...Poor dude... ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I know it's not funny, but DANG!!! ...well, he was kind of asking for it, ya know?

By the way: Happy Birthday, Red.

View PostSgtcarlisle, on Mar 13 2007, 11:26 AM, said:

View Postredleg_64, on Mar 13 2007, 12:08 AM, said:

:P

what is that about

Dude just vomited; it's nasty.

This post has been edited by Ka1iBuR: 13 March 2007 - 09:31 AM

#14 Guest_Burning Tears_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 13 March 2007 - 03:22 PM

Yeah...But I laughed art him to.

#15 User is offline   Sgtcarlisle 

• Carlisle8642
  • PipPip

Posted 14 March 2007 - 06:37 AM

View PostBurning Tears, on Mar 12 2007, 05:21 PM, said:

Mine is probally when I was using my friends Smart Parts marker (not sure of model), and shot myself in the nuts. Or maybe when my gun was gassed up and I accidently pulled the field strip pin and it flew out and knocked me out...Both guns were Chrono'd at 300below. Once I seen a kid blow his nut of, I think the left one, with his gun maxed out, he checked it with a Chrono and tuned it max, he though it would be funny to hear the people when he shot them, well, he shot his nut sack off, literally, and went to the emergency room...He aint got nuts anymore...Poor dude... :)

Theres no way thats posible, if the power is at max the balls will chop no mater what. We tried doing somthing like that yesterday and it don't work. We even did it with our X-7 and it still didn't work, so if this is true how did it not chop the balls. I belive that even with an ACS it still would chop the balls no matter what.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users