Special Ops Paintball: New secondary marker option - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

New secondary marker option New pistol rule

Poll: Secondary Marker Option (104 member(s) have cast votes)

Pistol RUle

1. Yes lets try it (32 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

2. No, bad idea (58 votes [55.77%])

Percentage of vote: 55.77%

3. Team Captains only (14 votes [13.46%])

Percentage of vote: 13.46%

Vote

#16 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:31 PM

View PostRussian_Reaper, on Mar 21 2007, 06:16 PM, said:

why not?

example:
let's say you're running and gunning with your team, and suddenly, you fall victim to an enemy, and you're pretty much out of paint in your hopper. if you took the time to reload, you'd be out. in order to keep the enemy off of you, you would be able to pull out a sidearm, and keep your enemy off of you. He'd be out, and you'd be able to re-load and keep going.

And as it stands, there are no rule precluding you from carring and/or using a sidearm during the SPPL.

There's also a problem with it:
Pistols are lighter than regular rifles, so if you ran around with a pistol that had the same stopping power as a rifle, that's like carrying two Tippmans or any two paintball guns onto one field. That's a lot of paint to carry around.

Huh? :laugh: That is clear as mud. What are you trying to get at?

Yet again, your enemy could have the same advantage. So i'd go for it. Besides, sidearms are most of the time equally effective and pack the same punch in a smaller clip size.

And you are right they work fine. In fact Grunt used one in his game against the California Gridlock team....he shot T-Devil with a Tac8.

So...do you think you should be able to use your pistol after your primary gun/hopper/tank has been hit? That is the question here.

This post has been edited by Krazy8: 21 March 2007 - 10:33 PM

#17 User is offline   Russian_Reaper 

• Hava Nagila, Baby!
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Location:me: Bayside, New York (My imagination: St. Elsewhere)
  • Brigade Name:Russian_Reaper

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:45 PM

View PostKrazy8, on Mar 22 2007, 01:31 AM, said:

View PostRussian_Reaper, on Mar 21 2007, 06:16 PM, said:

why not?

example:
let's say you're running and gunning with your team, and suddenly, you fall victim to an enemy, and you're pretty much out of paint in your hopper. if you took the time to reload, you'd be out. in order to keep the enemy off of you, you would be able to pull out a sidearm, and keep your enemy off of you. He'd be out, and you'd be able to re-load and keep going.

And as it stands, there are no rule precluding you from carring and/or using a sidearm during the SPPL.

There's also a problem with it:
Pistols are lighter than regular rifles, so if you ran around with a pistol that had the same stopping power as a rifle, that's like carrying two Tippmans or any two paintball guns onto one field. That's a lot of paint to carry around.

Huh? :) That is clear as mud. What are you trying to get at?

Yet again, your enemy could have the same advantage. So i'd go for it. Besides, sidearms are most of the time equally effective and pack the same punch in a smaller clip size.

And you are right they work fine. In fact Grunt used one in his game against the California Gridlock team....he shot T-Devil with a Tac8.

So...do you think you should be able to use your pistol after your primary gun/hopper/tank has been hit? That is the question here.

ok, here's what i mean about the problem:
If a sidearm is as strong as a regular rifle, could one carry around two pistols?

and yes, the main point of a sidearm is for just in case your rifle's gone and you need to keep fighting. If your rifle's hit, and heaven forbid that it breaks, you're gonna need to pull out a marker. FAST. So you should be allowed to switch to your secondary afterwords in order to stay on the field for as long as possible.

I'm new, so SPPL is a Secnario group, right? Dealing with reenactments or possible situations? If so, pistols should defiantly be allowed for all, and most especially for those with heavy weapons or people who are snipers.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

Objectionable Content

#18 User is offline   El Toro Loco 

• Here comes the bull!! A man on a mission!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:El Toro loco

Posted 22 March 2007 - 08:07 PM

RR SPPL is not a scenario group it is a scenario tournament. It is taking tournaments back to where they belong, the woods, and trying to recapture the sportmanship and honest play that can be lacking in modern speedball tourneys. It does incorporate some scenario elements to make the game more then just elimination. The elements that I am taking about is the hunt for the objects. It add another deminsion to the game not found in speedball tournaments of today.

This post has been edited by El Toro Loco: 22 March 2007 - 08:09 PM

KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN, MINDS CLEAR, AND GUNS ON POINT!!!!

Here comes that crazy BULL!!!!!!!!

#19 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 23 March 2007 - 09:16 AM

View PostRussian_Reaper, on Mar 22 2007, 06:45 PM, said:

ok, here's what i mean about the problem:
If a sidearm is as strong as a regular rifle, could one carry around two pistols?

IC! Yes for sure you could carry two pistols. In fact I have not seen a rule stopping you from carring five pistols!

And yes, as mentioned above this is a competative series that was designed for woodsball players. So there are a defined set of rules and dates set for the games.

If you get the chance play in a qualifier. It is great fun and opens up a whole new side of paintball for players!

#20 User is offline   Russian_Reaper 

• Hava Nagila, Baby!
  • Pip
  • Location:me: Bayside, New York (My imagination: St. Elsewhere)
  • Brigade Name:Russian_Reaper

Posted 23 March 2007 - 05:34 PM

ooh, SPPL is like "capture the flag" and "Commander Elimination"? now THAT sounds fun to do. I mean, CTF is the basis of any shooting game, and it's great in halo.

I actually think that i did a CTF thing. My first time painting, the ref had us go split up into two teams for a game of CTF, one side having a white flag, one red. But it was on a plains-like area, not a woodsy area. Pity, actually sounds fun.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

Objectionable Content

#21 User is offline   Lomarandil 

• SPPL Junkie -- BlackLight Company
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lomarandil

Posted 24 March 2007 - 08:15 PM

Yes, with scenario "find the canister" objectives mixed in, all with the pace of play of speedball (well, nearly)..

It's an incredibly fun format... read the basic rules on www.scenariochallenge.com to get the gist, then come out to one of the qualifiers.

Lo

#22 User is offline   THE MENACE 

• /\ jewish rambo
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:THE MENACE

Posted 24 March 2007 - 09:54 PM

i voted team captians only, just because they should be a little harder to eliminate. just my humble opinion :dodgy:

-THE MENACE

I'm a gun totin' scripture quotin' truck lovin' war shovin' meat eatin' liberal beatin' CONSERVATIVE!
feedback (+26/-0)---Team Chaotic Paintball is recruiting!!!---Team Chaotic Paintball.com---IMPORTANT INFO

#23 User is offline   drumboy 

• Walk by Faith not by sight
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Drumboy

Posted 24 March 2007 - 09:55 PM

I really don't see this working.

#24 User is offline   Predator5 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 25 March 2007 - 09:44 AM

Too complicated to monitor with so much going on during the Tournament. Will cause to much he said she said type of complications.

When you're out your out.....refer to the K.I.S.S. rule

Keep it simple stupid

Not to imply anyone is stupid , it's a military thing.
IPB Image

#25 User is offline   Tool-of-death 

• novice airsmith
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Tool-of-death

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:29 AM

That would be a VERY dumb move on specops part. That makes a LOT of extra work for the refs, promotes overshooting, aand could cause a lot of arguments.

I say leave it the way it was before, I didn't hear anyone complaining about it.
Warned on Mar 5 2006, 03:39 PM Added to warn level
"Flaming your own mother?

"my mom is a antigun-religus-treehuger-fat person slut."

You have some serious issues."

#26 User is offline   AgentSmith 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:AgentSmith

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:33 AM

Heh,
I played at the Michigan Qualifier(couldn't make the trip to OK with my team the GLRangers) using my Zeus G2 and my TAG8 as my 'primary' and sidearm and I think this is a bad idea. Not only would it make reffing next to impossible, it isn't very realistic. If someone puts a high powered rifle bullet on your weapon, that 'paintspray' all over your chest would be shrapnel! smoking hot pieces of the 3,000 fps bullet and your own gun might not totally incapacitate you unless it got your face and eyes(which it would be likely to do if the gun were shouldered when hit), but you certainly wouldn't be feeling very good about yourself. IMO, this is one of those 'looks good on paper, but won't play in real life' things, I'll have to check out the stats and see what the result of that kind of shot would be with firearms, but I bet it's not good.

Rob

#27 User is offline   Lomarandil 

• SPPL Junkie -- BlackLight Company
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lomarandil

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:27 PM

Not in the rules for 07.. (as of today, on www.scenariochallenge.com)

the people have spoken..

Lo

#28 User is offline   Tool-of-death 

• novice airsmith
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Tool-of-death

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:50 PM

woot..
Warned on Mar 5 2006, 03:39 PM Added to warn level
"Flaming your own mother?

"my mom is a antigun-religus-treehuger-fat person slut."

You have some serious issues."

#29 User is offline   PSYCK 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:PSYCK

Posted 27 March 2007 - 11:01 PM

I think we should give it a worl. In the real world if only your weapon is hit( you pray to the GODS that only that was hit) you can switch arms. I really like the use of sidearms . I say we play for a yaer with this rule and see how it goes.

#30 User is offline   ocmi_bengal 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Bengal T

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:39 PM

I say we give it a try and see how it works out. If it turns into a problem, which I don't foresee, this rule can always be taken out. Before any game I like to ask the head ref and/or producer if this rule will be in affect and make sure everybody understands it. I have yet to have a problem with this rule.
FIRE FOR EFFECT!!!

Orange County Mobile Infantry SoCal Scenario Team
Proudly Sponsored by:
Tippmann Sports | Tiberius Arms | LAPCO | WPN Paintballs | Too Much Phun | SC Village

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users