Special Ops Paintball: New secondary marker option - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

New secondary marker option New pistol rule

Poll: Secondary Marker Option (104 member(s) have cast votes)

Pistol RUle

1. Yes lets try it (32 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

2. No, bad idea (58 votes [55.77%])

Percentage of vote: 55.77%

3. Team Captains only (14 votes [13.46%])

Percentage of vote: 13.46%

Vote

#1 Guest_Pale Rider_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:03 AM

Pistols are a valid secondary marker option in the event of a primary gun hit for a probationary trial period. Example: A player takes the field with a paintball gun AND a paintball pistol. The player gets shot in the hopper with his primary marker and is then permitted to drop the primary and go to secondary weapon. If the player is hit ANYWHERE after that an elimination will result. The player is expected to pick up their original marker on their way back to the elimination zone.

There seems to be some debate about this subject and Rory mentioned a poll.

(btw how do I edit a poll after I've posted it?)

This post has been edited by Pale Rider: 03 March 2007 - 07:10 AM

#2 User is offline   Waldo 

• DPT
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BES-Waldo

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:55 AM

I voted bad idea beacause i beilve it will cause to much confusian between the people shooting at one another. And ultimatly causes bad fealing between the "shooter" and the "shootee" i feal if i shot somone and it hit there gun they should be out and not just be able to wip out another marker to ulmanaite me considering i just elimanted them.

ps either way my team is still decideing if we can make it to the pa qualifier.

#3 User is offline   KGB 

• Chicken go cluck cluck cow go moo...
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:bake

Posted 04 March 2007 - 11:39 AM

I think it would cause to many complications. Ref's would have a hard time with itm also. Its just easier and more fair to play like the gun is an extention of your body.

#4 User is offline   Reaper1101 

• Don't take life so serious, you might not get out alive.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mjd1101

Posted 04 March 2007 - 12:04 PM

UHH, i like it, but i wouldnt want to drop my gun on the feild.
Hashido- a way of life...

#5 User is offline   8-Ball 

• The Original Elite Dagger. Original join date 061004, member #10
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:8 - BALL

Posted 04 March 2007 - 06:19 PM

In every Sceanrio I've played in that uses this rule I have seen players come out arguing about overshooting, whether they were hit in the gun or have splatter on their mask from a gun hit or oare hit, and whether or not the player weilding a pistol is legal or out. And that's in a game that supposed to be recreational and FUN!

Top try it in a competition when play is fast and furious is only asking for more trouble and more work on refs who are too few or unfamiliar with SPPL rules anyway.

PAINTBALL has always been one hit, one elimination, and your marker, vest, pods tank, etc/ is all considered an extension of yourself.

K.I.S.S.

#6 User is offline   Sentinel 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Sentinel

Posted 05 March 2007 - 09:50 PM

I voted no because 8-ball will bite my knees if I don't.

Shouldn't he really be something more like 4-ball? Really.
Your host, Mondays, 10am PST

#7 User is offline   wagonburner187 

• balance and tactics
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:wagonburner

Posted 06 March 2007 - 12:59 AM

I think its great I mostly play places where gun hits don't count and this actually is better than that.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

maximum 2 lines of text with images
Max 6 lines of text, no image

#8 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:00 AM

Everywhere I have played it has been one hit on your body, your marker, or any gear you are wearing and you are eliminated. This will make things way to confusing. I know in real life if your rifle is shot and you carry a pistol you can pull it out. However this is not real life combat situations. This is a fun recreational sport and lets keep it that way. I can see way too many arguments with the refs happening from this rule. Also off the field I can see way to many arguments between the players who say there is no use for pistols and the players who know for a fact there is a time and place for them. I am afraid there will be too many accusations of people only carrying pistols because they do not want to get out of the game when their marker is hit.

Don't get me wrong I believe that there is a time and place for a pistol as a secondary marker. The most common place would be CQB games. Another time is when you turn your head and see a player from the other team coming up behind you. It is much quicker to draw a pistol and fire than to turn your long gun and fire. Pistols are also good for being a last resort when you are all out of paint and/or air on your main and you are about to be bunkered.

Hopefully they will get a good enough response from this poll and discussion to discontinue the new secondary marker rule.

#9 User is offline   G4 

• THERE'S BUTTER ON MY FACE!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:G4

Posted 08 March 2007 - 07:40 AM

I voted no. The rule is going to cause a lot of people to get angry on the field over whether some guy was hit only on his gun or if he was hit on his hands, forearms, etc. The format doesn't allow for everyone to be examined during every gun fight to check someone for hits. The league seems to be quite concerned over "stopping cheaters" in advance in many other areas of the rule book, but when it comes to this rule, it is a step back for honorable play.

Bottom line, this is not combat or war. This is a sport. This is paintball. Treat it as such.

G4

#10 User is offline   Hatchet 

• Certified Pump-Ninja
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Hatchet88

Posted 08 March 2007 - 07:59 AM

I vote "no." Too taxing on refs who already have too much to do to try and keep the game fair.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

^I think I'll just leave it that way. It suits me.

#11 User is offline   controller 

• Controller
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:CONTROLLER

Posted 08 March 2007 - 09:15 AM

View PostDark Shadow Hunter, on Mar 6 2007, 02:00 AM, said:

However this is not real life combat situations. This is a fun recreational sport and lets keep it that way. I can see way too many arguments with the refs happening from this rule.

Agreed, I don't like playing with people who don't count gun/"extremety" hits. I won't play paintball like that. Unless of course if SPPL makes me... lol

#12 User is offline   Firemarine 

• The Drunken Swede
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:FIREMARINE

Posted 08 March 2007 - 02:15 PM

This is up to the game coordinators discretion. I think one problem is that this encourages 'shielding'. As in protecting yourself with your marker, wich doesn't count as a hit when struck with a paintball round. I think this would only really work with a group of good friends who honor each other and the rules, aside from that it most likely will be bad news.
  • 'Former' U.S. Marine 0311 Oorah! - Volunteer Firefighter - Martial Artist

#13 User is offline   RobLongwood 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:ROB LONGWOOD

Posted 21 March 2007 - 04:37 PM

I voted no,

K.I.S.S.

#14 User is offline   Russian_Reaper 

• Hava Nagila, Baby!
  • Pip
  • Location:me: Bayside, New York (My imagination: St. Elsewhere)
  • Brigade Name:Russian_Reaper

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:16 PM

why not?

example:
let's say you're running and gunning with your team, and suddenly, you fall victim to an enemy, and you're pretty much out of paint in your hopper. if you took the time to reload, you'd be out. in order to keep the enemy off of you, you would be able to pull out a sidearm, and keep your enemy off of you. He'd be out, and you'd be able to re-load and keep going.

There's also a problem with it:
Pistols are lighter than regular rifles, so if you ran around with a pistol that had the same stopping power as a rifle, that's like carrying two Tippmans or any two paintball guns onto one field. That's a lot of paint to carry around.

Yet again, your enemy could have the same advantage. So i'd go for it. Besides, sidearms are most of the time equally effective and pack the same punch in a smaller clip size.

Objectionable Content

#15 User is offline   Lomarandil 

• SPPL Junkie -- BlackLight Company
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lomarandil

Posted 21 March 2007 - 08:43 PM

Don't think he quite understands the deal here, guys...

The issue isn't whether or not sidearms can be carried on the field, it is whether or not after a gun hit, a player should be allowed to continue playing if he has a sidearm...

and for the record, I voted no, for the reasons I stated in the other thread.

Lo

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users