Just a hypothetical situation What would you do... Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 03 March 2007 - 01:06 AM

View Postemr_ambush_alpha67, on Mar 2 2007, 02:50 PM, said:

do u ref??? trhat is a verry bad idea!!!! never ever do that!!! thats when u get everyone off the field and say were not gona play untill he leaves.. and then let the players take care of it with there bitc**** .

Yeah - I did...and we did exactly what I posted. Myself and 2 others with clear shields (riot police styled body shields) stood directly in front of the nitwit and blocked his shots. We did this while the police were on their way. It ticked him off enough that he stormed off the field (which is what we wanted in the first place) and the police met him at the office when he went there to whine about it. He was told at the time to "never return" and then he was sent a registered letter stating that if he returned to the field for ANY REASON he would be arrested for Criminal and Defiant Trespass. Since he had to sign for it and the field has the signature card, he can't ever say "he never got it."

Even at that time, I wasn't about to ruin 40+ player's game for one jerk because that's asking for more trouble than the reffs can deal with. Vacating the field (as you described) only angers the rest of the players which can turn really ugly, really fast (especially with how high-strung many newer players can be). So what's easier to control? One moron with 3 shields or 40+ ticked off players on 3 reffs + 1 idiot? I'll take my odds with the one nitwit...NOT the 40+......
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#17 User is offline   l33t_sh33p 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mr. Nerd

Posted 29 March 2007 - 03:54 AM

I would have say you did the right thing. Definatly keep him supervised with more people. You don't even really need the shields. If you explain to him that you will not shoot him back and that you are not in any way interested in playing paintball with him, then he may shoot you anyway. At that point it ceases to be a mutual agreement to play a sport and becomes assault with a weapon, or assault at the least. You are then legally allowed to restrain him because he is assaulting people at your business.

I suppose the shields thing works as well, but I tend to deal with these issues head on. I'd tell him the police have been phoned, he is hereby given a lifetime ban from the field and any further discharge of his marker will be considered assault. He can chose to wait on the field or at the office until the police arrive. Then if he gets rowdy I break out my 1337 mma skills and he gets to eat dirt.

I'll say again, I think you handled it very well.

- Ryan
Old Enough To Know Better!
Young Enough To Do It Anyway!

"To those who fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected can never know."

#18 User is offline   knitemare 

• Baller for Christ, the real sin savior
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:knitemare

Posted 29 March 2007 - 10:30 AM

tell all the players that the team he is on automatically forfeits and let his team deal with him
I am a Christian Baller
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!!!

Addicted To Facebook Member #1

#19 User is offline   Sniped 

• If at first you dont succeed, bungy jumping isnt for you
  • Pip

Posted 02 April 2007 - 03:12 AM

As everyone has already said, cops all the way.

But if you feel like being mean, let him play but tell everyone else to unload on him, he will get the point after a few hundred rounds, everyone does :blush:

This post has been edited by Sniped: 02 April 2007 - 03:13 AM

IPB Image

#20 User is offline   Slivers 

• The charred ghost of Slivers
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Slivers

Posted 13 April 2007 - 04:29 PM

View PostDream of Nullification, on Mar 3 2007, 12:45 AM, said:

if a player will not willingly leave there is NO OTHER legal option than calling the police.

you cannot, legaly force someone to leave your business, meaning you cant physicaly grab them and toss them out. that is assult and you will be sued

you cant cuff them or restrain them till the police arrive. the only thing you can do is call the cops if they will not leave on there own. theres no other legal action you can take that wont come back to bite you in the DUMPER

That depends on what state you're in, pal. :ghillie:
Posted Image
Flying straight above the steady stream of stars.

#21 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 13 April 2007 - 05:00 PM

I physcially remove him, if hes not wanted then its trespassing technically I could go as far as shooting him(w/real gun).

If hes bigger than me id just find someone his size lol.

PEace,
UWANNAGO

#22 User is offline   FIX BAYONETS 

• The Twitch
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Twitch

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:22 PM

View PostUWANNAGO, on Apr 13 2007, 05:00 PM, said:

I physcially remove him, if hes not wanted then its trespassing technically I could go as far as shooting him(w/real gun).

If hes bigger than me id just find someone his size lol.

PEace,
UWANNAGO

LOL, funny coincidence, my friend from Texas piped up right away "Pull out your 12 gauge duh." I don't think your allowed to use a weapon like that to remove someone in California though...we're a liberal state, only criminals get guns.

I love Paintball.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users