Special Ops Paintball: Heres my set-up, what works for you? - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Heres my set-up, what works for you? what type of gun works best for you? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Bielerga 

• The Chemist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Seaspray

Posted 04 March 2007 - 07:51 PM

You've got me there fox, however there are just certain conditions I refuse to expose my marq 7 to. Also for a longer game I like my a-5 so I don't have to worry about batteries going out.

This post has been edited by Bielerga: 04 March 2007 - 07:52 PM

I am an arms dealer, fitting you with weapons in the form of words

BLOOD FEST OCT 27TH HALLOWEEN BIG GAME Oh,IN,KY Teams

#17 User is offline   Gizmoduck 

• Lets get dangerous
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Krutch Master

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:03 PM

pumps ftw

#18 User is offline   EPIC_Fox 

• filth.fm
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:EPIC_Fox

Posted 05 March 2007 - 05:26 PM

View PostBielerga, on Mar 4 2007, 09:51 PM, said:

You've got me there fox, however there are just certain conditions I refuse to expose my marq 7 to. Also for a longer game I like my a-5 so I don't have to worry about batteries going out.

I change my batteries often actually..
Boss Paintball

#19 User is offline   Bielerga 

• The Chemist
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:34 PM

Still, there is always a chance in a longer game that your hopper or gun can die. And if you get stuck in a fire-fight for like 2 hours that chance just goes up.

#20 User is offline   Loco Vaquero 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Loco Vaquero

Posted 06 March 2007 - 08:32 AM

Ya, I think I speak for a lot of daggers when i say "Milsim, Tippmann, and super Woodsball stuff isn't totally neccesary for this position." Sure, it'll do and alot of people are good with a woodsball setup, but a tourny setup works really good.

Seriuosly, if you want to get technical, SpecOps even knows that the dagger pos. is supposed to be light and fast-shooting. Look at the Mark I and II... compact, light wieght for the most part, and has an E-Grip. Just like a tourny gun.

Personal prefrence would be the Hybrid between tourny and woodsball, the Blackcell Ion.
Loco Vaquero - I love Kaesie

OMG! I <3 P@!N7B@LL!!!!11!!!one!!!!!!111!!!eleven!!!!1!!

#21 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JTPaintball70

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:06 AM

I use a phantom VSC with about 10 extra tubes of paint.
Posted Image
☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

#22 User is offline   Lil' C 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:C

Post icon  Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:11 AM

View PostLoco Vaquero, on Mar 6 2007, 07:32 AM, said:

...the dagger pos. is supposed to be light and fast-shooting. Look at the Mark I and II... compact, light wieght for the most part, and has an E-Grip. Just like a tourny gun. Personal prefrence would be the Hybrid between tourny and woodsball, the Blackcell Ion.

That's exactly what I've been using lately, and it is definitely a good setup for me.

That said, my BC Ion, in its main configuration, violates some of the common Dagger taboos. It uses a fixed (Air-Thru Longbow) stock, and I run it on remote. With a 5.5" Hammerhead 2-pc rifled barrel, though, it is still a tight, light setup -- just like any good Dagger gun -- and it brings the in-your-face firepower the position demands.

(What amazes me about the BC Ion is that it is actually way more fieldworthy than I would have guessed when I bought it. Yes, it's more of a pain to take apart than my Tippy, but it has never let me down in the field... *KNOCK ON WOOD* )

I think Dagger is a position where a speedball gun can definitely work, especially if you are the kind of Dagger who plays in the woods "speedball-style", that is, engaging at medium-close range moving relatively short distances at a time behind predominately hard cover from kneeling- to stand-up height. This is how a lot of Daggers play. If you spend more time ghost flanking on your knees and belly, or if you are a long-break high-speed player engaging at a variety of distances from close- to medium-long range, there are more tactical woodsball Dagger setups that might play to your strengths and play style preferences better.

The only bad Dagger gun is a clunky one that keeps you from doing what Daggers need to do. A speedball setup is one right way to kit up for the position -- but it is certainly not necessarily the best or only way for every Dagger.
Sigs aren't actually allowed on the Special Ops Forum, so I don't have one.

#23 User is offline   Lil' C 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:30 AM

View Postfalcon_90, on Mar 1 2007, 09:52 PM, said:

i'm still not sticking with mods, i keep changing everytime i get something new i want something else. havent found what works for me yet.

Well, Falcon, looking at your Bridage Page, you've got a pretty ideal platform to start with in your trusty A-5. That's my go-to gun.

Some of the most beneficial mods (for Dagger or Sabre) I have found for it include the following:

* A really good two-piece barrel of appropriate length (I suggest either Dye or Hammerhead)
* An E-Grip, ideally with an APE Rampage board
* A JCS Duel trigger (blade-style double)
* A JCS alloy power tube and front Delrin Bolt
* Cyclone Feed mods (like the Tech T Vortex or JCS)

These performance mods do a lot to close the "Ion gap" while still gaining the famous Tippmann toughness, rock-solid reliability, its low profile, and ergonomic versatility (that is, its more adaptable setup for things like shoulder firing and prone shooting). Your Opsgear PWD stock is a good, lightweight one for playing Sabre, although for the Dagger position, I'd recommend the G36 folder stead.

With even a few of the internal ups and a new bore-matched barrel, I think you'll be amazed at the improvements in accuracy and firepower you can squeeze out of the venerable A-5...

(Regarding weight, people who love the Ion's light weight -- and don't get me wrong, 'cause I do too -- often forget to consider just how much a Halob B full of AA batteries (or other fast e-hopper that can match even a stock Ion's ROF) weighs, especially when perched on top of a ligth Smart Parts receiver. Compared to the featherweight stock Cyclone hopper or an R5 aftermarket unit on an A-5, the Ion gives up a significant proportion of its weight advantage compared marker vs. marker. The A-5 also maintains a lower center of gravity because more weight is in your hand, helping to keep your high-ROF shots steady...)

#24 User is offline   7th Spartan 

• Kill'em Kill'em all
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:7th Spartan

Posted 16 March 2007 - 03:26 PM

ion with qev, drop forward, trinity feedneck, lucky brand firing can, and 60/3000 psi and v35
Team Omega Kansas Ballers Official Ion Owner #52
View My Special Ops Brigade Page What we do in life echos in eternity

#25 User is offline   Bielerga 

• The Chemist
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:27 PM

Behold... I belive the first marq 7 on spec ops.

Posted Image

Posted Image

My new gat... katya. I'm going to get it switched to dust black with tiger stripe green accents. Sponsor sent me the wrong color (not dust) but made up for it in free upgrades. Notice how I angled the tank which IMO lets me play longer without my arms starting to get as tired. The angled tank does create a higher profile yet that doesn't matter as much in woodsball. Katya is not as light as an ego, but can shoot faster than anything out there. I'm thinking about getting a hammerhead kit like the one I have for my a-5 to shorten the barrel. I also have an a-5 but its getting painted as we speak.

I've used her three times and she has more than proved herself. 1400 rounds with about 300 psi to spare out of a 68 filled to 3900 thats amazing.

This post has been edited by Bielerga: 23 March 2007 - 08:31 PM

#26 User is offline   Lil' C 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 05 April 2007 - 10:04 AM

Another way to use a Drop Kick on a Dagger Ion...

Posted Image

#27 User is offline   Faulty Logic 

• Hand Crafted
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2007 - 02:56 PM

Currently I have an A5.

Howitzer Bolt
Shocktech Relocator Drop
X7 Hopper
Apex Barrel
Blade Trigger
E Grip

I am thiking about getting rid of the E Grip, I have a hate for using too much paint, and then
getting an HPA tank. Even though you can just put your E Grip on 3 Shot burst or what not its
a pain to have to pull the trigger 3 times before the 3 shot burst works (WAS board).

Lock N' Load!

#28 User is offline   Lil' C 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:27 PM

View PostTippmann A-5`, on Apr 5 2007, 02:56 PM, said:

Currently I have an A5...I am thiking about getting rid of the E Grip...its a pain to have to pull the trigger 3 times before the 3 shot burst works (WAS board).

Keep the E-Grip, bro, but lose the WAS board! Go APE -- so much better performance, easier to use, and instantly on with the first trigger pull. (Plus, you get to keep the light, mouse-click trigger pull...)

#29 User is offline   cjottawa 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2007 - 05:30 PM

Light, small, ambidexterous, accurate:

Posted Image

I get 200-300 shots from that 3.5oz. A 9oz. isn't much heavier and nets about 700 shots. I rarely use that many in a day, let alone a game, though.

This post has been edited by C.J.: 05 April 2007 - 05:30 PM

#30 User is offline   7th Spartan 

• Kill'em Kill'em all
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:7th Spartan

Posted 06 April 2007 - 01:35 PM

ion for me
Team Omega Kansas Ballers Official Ion Owner #52
View My Special Ops Brigade Page What we do in life echos in eternity

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)