• You cannot reply to this topic

Thinking about a Phantom Decisions, decisions Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Droop 

• Professional Noobsmith
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Droopy Squirrel

Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:08 PM

As i recall. Palmers also manufactured a valve for the phantom. it was a built in stabilizer with a gauge hole.
i will see if i can find it
Droop

My Feedback Member of Garage Inc. Official Pump User #100 Automaggot #91
My Trigger SC Feed comma club member #6

So because I play scenarios, I won't buy a high-end unless it has rails at useless angles, and has a machine-gun shroud bolted on it?-Maduce

#32 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:17 PM

Regulating a Phantom like that is overkill. Folks who do that typically do it for the "because I can" factor.

But yes...both options exsist.

Palmers Sideline
$75
Mount it where the hardline is stock...then run air fro the ASA to the Sideline.
Posted Image

Palmers Stable/Valve body almost cost as much as the gun itself!
$145
Not to mention it adds 3.5" to the length of the body.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Krazy8: 10 June 2009 - 04:22 PM

#33 User is offline   NinjaoftheNight79 

• Ninja Freak
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Morden79

Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:29 PM

I probably wouldn't shoot for a Palmers regulator, doesn't the Phantom already have some sort of built in regulator? Would a Palmer's reg really even do anything that special? I understand the "because I can" factor, but I typically try to invest money in products that really do something for me (for the most part).

As far as the Ninja tanks, I will have to look into it. I don't like that they have a 5 year hydro (as the Hitmen have no hydro requirement), but it probably doesn't matter that much. I'm just peeved because I just found out my tank is due up for re hydro this winter, and that makes me a sad panda.

This post has been edited by NinjaoftheNight79: 10 June 2009 - 04:31 PM

Speedball + Woodsball = True Paintball. Let us all support paintball unity!
Automaggot #5 All about Automags

#34 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:30 PM

If you want a really really really small HPA tank, there's a 6ci spare air tank that's meant as a last ditch for divers, but if you unscrewed the diving reg and put on a PB reg, it would work. It's just kinda silly, I doubt you'd get over 120 shots with it.
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#35 User is offline   NinjaoftheNight79 

• Ninja Freak
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:47 PM

View Postthisissparta, on Jun 10 2009, 06:30 PM, said:

If you want a really really really small HPA tank, there's a 6ci spare air tank that's meant as a last ditch for divers, but if you unscrewed the diving reg and put on a PB reg, it would work. It's just kinda silly, I doubt you'd get over 120 shots with it.

Yeah, I really don't need something that small. 13cu would be perfect, and I would get plenty of shots out of it on a Phantom. I would just love to feed this marker with compressed air, as it is consistent year round with no problems (as opposed to CO2). A Hitmen or a Ninja would be perfect sized. I did kinda like the lower profile of the Hitmen, but if the Ninjas are where its at for regulators and customer support, it would probably be wise of me to shoot that direction.

I may find in time that I will just drop a back-bottle asa on it and use a small bottle as a stock. I do this on my Tac-One (though I have a massive massive tank for it). I could always find me a decent sized bottle for a bottomline and just use that as a stock, just so long as I have something to put my shoulder on. I like some shoulder support. A 22 cu on a straight bottomline would probably rock just as much as any stock. Not sure exactly what I plan to do yet though.

This post has been edited by NinjaoftheNight79: 10 June 2009 - 04:53 PM

#36 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• Closed bolt. Rock n cock, or rock n roll.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:flyweightnate

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:59 PM

A Ninja 13 on a bottomline will give you a 13" stock, give or take an inch. Great length. Throw a tennisball on the end of the tank for a better 'feel' in your shoulder.
Feedback.
"Listen to nate hes always right, no joke"- Mighty Mike

#37 User is offline   NinjaoftheNight79 

• Ninja Freak
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:54 PM

View Postflyweightnate, on Jun 10 2009, 09:59 PM, said:

A Ninja 13 on a bottomline will give you a 13" stock, give or take an inch. Great length. Throw a tennisball on the end of the tank for a better 'feel' in your shoulder.

Now that you put into perspective, that really does sound like a good idea. Is the tank really that long? Some website told me it was about 10 3/4" in total length when screwed in. That seems like plenty anyhow, I am a small guy.

This post has been edited by NinjaoftheNight79: 10 June 2009 - 09:01 PM

#38 User is offline   Boomer14 

• Irregulators Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Durty Dan

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:23 PM

You should be fine with the ninja/13cu in a bottom line configuration for length. I have long arms so it is actually way too short for me. I tried about 8 different style before settling on the one that I now use.

This post has been edited by Boomer14: 10 June 2009 - 09:24 PM

#39 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:49 PM

View PostNinjaoftheNight79, on Jun 10 2009, 06:29 PM, said:

I probably wouldn't shoot for a Palmers regulator, doesn't the Phantom already have some sort of built in regulator? No, not really. Would a Palmer's reg really even do anything that special?It's a different style than the standard vertical reg, it allows for a sideline mount or the valve replacement one. I understand the "because I can" factor, but I typically try to invest money in products that really do something for me (for the most part).

As far as the Ninja tanks, I will have to look into it. I don't like that they have a 5 year hydro That's not true, 13/3k tanks never need to be hydroed because they fall under the 2" in diameter, 2' long rule.(as the Hitmen have no hydro requirement), but it probably doesn't matter that much. I'm just peeved because I just found out my tank is due up for re hydro this winter, and that makes me a sad panda.

View PostNinjaoftheNight79, on Jun 10 2009, 06:47 PM, said:

View Postthisissparta, on Jun 10 2009, 06:30 PM, said:

Yeah, I really don't need something that small. 13cu would be perfect, and I would get plenty of shots out of it on a Phantom. I would just love to feed this marker with compressed air, as it is consistent year round with no problems (as opposed to CO2). A Hitmen or a Ninja would be perfect sized. I did kinda like the lower profile of the Hitmen, but if the Ninjas are where its at for regulators and customer support, it would probably be wise of me to shoot that direction.

I may find in time that I will just drop a back-bottle asa Backbottle, or bottomline? HPA tanks have a hard time screwing into the backbottle because of the fill nipple and burst disks. on it and use a small bottle as a stock. I do this on my Tac-One (though I have a massive massive tank for it). I could always find me a decent sized bottle for a bottomline and just use that as a stock, just so long as I have something to put my shoulder on. I like some shoulder support. A 22 cu on a straight bottomline would probably rock just as much as any stock. Not sure exactly what I plan to do yet though.

Mike @ CCI also sells a cool little drop and stock combo, it has an L or T stock with the the bottle held parallel under the stock. It looks really nice if you're using a 9 ounce or 13/3k tank.
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#40 User is offline   NinjaoftheNight79 

• Ninja Freak
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:49 PM

Hmm, that's interesting. Would I actually see any kind of consistency boost by installing some sort of regulator?

I honestly didn't mean back bottle, I meant bottomline, my apology. If I did get a Ninja for this I probably would bottomline it as a stock. I need a stock, yet I have never minded using a bottle as a stock before.

As far as the bottle, all the websites suggest it has a 5 year hydro from what I have seen, I am just going off what that website said.

#41 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:49 AM

View PostNinjaoftheNight79, on Jun 11 2009, 02:49 AM, said:

As far as the bottle, all the websites suggest it has a 5 year hydro from what I have seen, I am just going off what that website said.

To give you an idea of the size of a 13 CI tank, i use a 12 oz beer bottle coozie as the tank cover for it. The coozie is just a tad too big for the tank, so it covers some of the reg and is a little loose. But overall it's great. Shoulders nicely

All CF and Aluminum tanks have a 5 year hydro test rule. However, any tank that is 2" and under in diameter and is also under 2 feet in length is exempt from hydro testing. This means all 13 ci, 22 ci, 7 oz co2, 9 oz co2, 3.5 and 4 oz co2 are all exempt from hydro, as long as they were made after 1993.

Now that doesn't mean if the tank looks in bad shape and looks ready to break that you should still use it. You need to use your brain here, if it looks shoddy, get it tested (or just chuck it and buy new). But as long as you protect your tanks and don't abuse them, then the only problems you will have woudl be the reg going bad or an oring leaking in the fill nipple of the hpa tank.

This post has been edited by Legato: 11 June 2009 - 12:50 AM
Reason for edit: spelling errors abound

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#42 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:50 AM

CCI also offers a drop foreward for botom line tank mounting that will also allow you to use the 'T' or 'L' stocks at the same time.

This drop forward here...
Posted Image

It has a mounting platform that places the stock dirrectly off the bottom of the grip and above the tank. Some folks like that as well.

*edit* found a better picture with a 13ci tank mounted on the drop with a 'L' stock

Posted Image

If I was to bottom line mount my tank I would use this method since the length of my arms do not like the 13ci tank as a stock...I have tried and simply did not like it.

This post has been edited by Krazy8: 11 June 2009 - 08:56 AM

#43 User is offline   NinjaoftheNight79 

• Ninja Freak
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2009 - 10:28 AM

That drop forward is pretty sweet, but I would probably just use the bottle as a stock myself. I could always buy a 22cu instead, it might be a little better of a length for a stock, but I don't know yet, I will have to see what I am feeling when the time comes.

#44 User is offline   BAGELS 

• good stuff^
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I3agels

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:22 PM

THAT'S DOUG'S PHANTOM! and I think he had said that myth regs will not work with the drop forward

You can always clamp the tank onto the stock. I believe Agnoe has it set up this way. I like the clamp set up

This post has been edited by BAGELS: 11 June 2009 - 12:23 PM

THE INVISI-SIG!
I have no sig, because I am cool like that.
I love my phantom, because it is cool like that....schweet

#45 User is offline   NinjaoftheNight79 

• Ninja Freak
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:49 PM

View PostBAGELS, on Jun 11 2009, 02:22 PM, said:

THAT'S DOUG'S PHANTOM! and I think he had said that myth regs will not work with the drop forward

You can always clamp the tank onto the stock. I believe Agnoe has it set up this way. I like the clamp set up

The only thing I really don't like about the clamp setup is it forces me to use the CCI stocks. Don't get me wrong, they are nice stocks, but I don't know that they fit my style.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users