• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Multiple markers Too much? Not enough? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   rightintheface 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 August 2007 - 10:17 AM

Se I currently have 2 markers. My older Spyder Victor, and my brand spankin new Rail with an UL frame. You'd think a marker and a backup would be enough, but I'm also now saving up for a pump and a pistol, for those days when I want a little variety. I also think those options will improve my understanding of tactics, movement, and will improve my accuracy and reflexes. I'm thinking it'd also be fun to have a nice long-range gun...not anything fancy, maybe just a 98c with a flatline that I could take out on a nasty muddy day when I didn't want to mess up my electro.

I've seen a number of veteran players with trunks full of markers, and I know there would be good benefits to having several markers. I could take friends out for less cash, and just let them borrow mine. I could also switch up to play different roles throughout the day as the need dictated.

At the same time, that's a lot of money. How do you guys balance it? Do some of you have more/less? Do you have more than one of a certain type of gun (pumps/electros/etc.)? How do you balance the "need" for different gun characteristics?

This post has been edited by rightintheface: 19 August 2007 - 10:18 AM

#2 User is offline   Mighty Mike 

• The Aggorilla is watching you!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MightyMike0

Posted 19 August 2007 - 10:21 AM

well i just spend money i designate for paintball on stuff for paintball

#3 User is offline   Ze J 

• Sniper/Dagger Hybrid
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2007 - 10:22 AM

In my opinion, you're going to realize after you bought all that stuff, that it was a waste of money. I have a PMR as well, and sold everything else. The only marker I may be interested in is a pump. Pistols are useless to, so get a stock class phantom or something if you really want. "Long range" markers are kind of a joke in my opinion. Just get an apex barrel and put it on one of your other guns if you want, but try one out before you buy it, because lots of people don't like them. I would just save your money for other stuff though.

#4 User is offline   deathinator6 

• Phantom Love
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:DEATHINATOR

Posted 19 August 2007 - 10:24 AM

I think that going overboard owning tons of guns is the best thing to do with your money. :probablynotdodgybutyou'llneverreallyknow:

Edit: :o 100 posts :P

This post has been edited by deathinator6: 19 August 2007 - 10:25 AM

#5 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 19 August 2007 - 10:48 AM

I like having a nice collection, but I only buy used (Or really, really, really good new deals), so if I decide I don't need the gun, I can sell it later.

Plus, I've got the holy paintball trinity covered-a Palmerized, K-Framed PMI-1 for my pump, a PPS Typhoon for a nice mech and a WGP Superstock for an electro. I may buy a Cyborg some day as well, just because I love them.

#6 User is offline   kellts 

• OG.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kellts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 10:48 AM

Honestly, there isn't a valid reason to have a bunch or guns. Like stated before, a "long-range" gun could be had with an Apex barrel on any gun. I won't even get into facts about paintball, accuracy and distance. I'll just say you can only pick two out of three. People that wield pistols either want to look cool with one on their thigh, or just want one for fun. I'll admit, after having a T-9, using one can be fun.

You already have a decent balance of guns. Use the Spyder if you're scared of using the PMR in the mud for some reason, or if you don't want to shoot a lot of paint.

#7 User is offline   Satan Von Chaos 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Satan Von Chaos

Posted 19 August 2007 - 10:55 AM

I don't know, I stuck to one marker and then do all I can to improve on it. But I know people, like my Bass Player who owns over 56 different basses. I don't see how that type of addiction can't apply to paintball. If you got the money, and really enjoy the sport, then by all means go nuts.

But like my bass player who has his one trusty Bass to jam with, I'm pretty sure that there are PB players that among their vast collection, have and use only one of their most trusted markers.

It's like a hording personality, and in paintball that can be really expensive!
SATAN VON CHAOS

Oh yes, leave whatever soul you have left in the field man, I'll be collecting it along with your pride.

#8 User is offline   House of Daggers 

• Arrogance has to be earned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:killasnipr

Posted 19 August 2007 - 11:06 AM

Wheres Trey? I think he could tell you the joys of having multiple markers.

Personally, I would like to have one of each type of marker.

#9 User is offline   rightintheface 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 19 August 2007 - 11:09 AM

View Postkellts, on Aug 19 2007, 10:48 AM, said:

Honestly, there isn't a valid reason to have a bunch or guns. Like stated before, a "long-range" gun could be had with an Apex barrel on any gun. I won't even get into facts about paintball, accuracy and distance. I'll just say you can only pick two out of three. People that wield pistols either want to look cool with one on their thigh, or just want one for fun. I'll admit, after having a T-9, using one can be fun.

You already have a decent balance of guns. Use the Spyder if you're scared of using the PMR in the mud for some reason, or if you don't want to shoot a lot of paint.

Yeah. I do like having the electro and the Spyder both. I would like to do the pump, and the desire for a pistol is just as you said, for fun. A different way to play. I've seen that scenarios and tourneys sometims have little Tib 8 1-on-1 matches, and I'd LOVE to do that. Plus stuff like the Tactical 10 tournaments and indoor fields would be fun places to use a nice compact marker like that. Either way, it's not because I think it's the best piece of firepower out there. Just for a good time.

In terms of the long range thing, I have a buddy with an A-5 and a flatline. The range, for him, has made a difference. He has some crazy winging shots on occasion, but he's also sood in open ground and picked people off as their paint hits the ground 15 feet in front of him. That'd be fun on occasion.

Tell me about the Apex barrel though. Is it similar to the flatline?

#10 User is offline   Ze J 

• Sniper/Dagger Hybrid
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2007 - 11:54 AM

It's very similar, but can shoot further and you can adjust it to shoot however, as well as around corners...check out the manufacturer's website (BT Paintball) for information, or look at some reviews at pbreview.com

#11 User is offline   Paintsoldier 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2007 - 01:08 PM

I say go for it. I've got like 7 markers, I don't use tham all but I wouldn't want to sell any. It's a passion, a hobbey, and it's a way to spend ur money.:P Although I wouldn't say, you NEED to have any spcific number or kind of markers, they ae just something you want. Diffrent markers, like you said, allow diffrent playing styles, and that can be a good expereince but again you don't NEED a specific marker to do that stlye of play (i.e. you don't need a pump to use limited paint). Just my two sense.
a.k.a. old_school_player (techpb), paintsoldier (MCB), paintsoldier8 (PbN)

#12 User is offline   raptorbite 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:raptorbite

Posted 19 August 2007 - 01:08 PM

i had up to 8 markers then i relized once i got my automag that it was sorta dumb.it takes long enough to clean and maintain one marker but trying to keep up with all 8 is impossible!then something brakes on this one and something else is wrong with that one,that one needs sent in for fixing the other needs its battery charged up!!!!!grrrrrr!!!i hate letting my friends use my gear it leaves me with clean up duty!ive decided im going to sell everything and get one nice marker and only use that one,while learning everything about it so i can fix any problem with it and maintain it and tune it so its perfect.i suggest doing that,but buy a pump its fun playing pump.
I miss the old days of sword beach and such

#13 User is offline   OmgItsAFire 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 19 August 2007 - 01:19 PM

Get a PGP- its a pump pistol, perfect for what you want...

#14 User is offline   IronMassacre 

• Yeah...Im special.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:IronMassacre

Posted 19 August 2007 - 03:15 PM

always remember

quality over quantity.
Removed, too many lines of text with image.
Yay^ :(

#15 User is offline   Ravenlord 

• I am heavy weapons guy!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:RAVENLORD

Posted 19 August 2007 - 03:44 PM

i have a pistol ,for those just in case moments and for playing silly bugger in the woods, i also have an A-5 because i havent sold it yet and am too lazy to sell it. then i have my automag because it was my first gun and i love the thing. i also want an autococker and a phantom just because.
so there really is no point in owning all these markers but i like being able to play different styles and having a larger marker collection is a bigger new guy intimadator.
Funny Signatures Involve Effort, and I am lazy.
Automaggot #74
Team Vinidication

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users