Special Ops Paintball: Official Military Service Q&A Thread - Special Ops Paintball

• (69 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Official Military Service Q&A Thread All Military Questions Here! Rate Topic: -----

#1021 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

My brother in law always told me "stay as far away from recruiters as possible, once they have their claws into you, you can't get away." I realized that this was true, after I sent in a request for information for the Marines, and a Marine recruiter physically showed up at my door 2 days later because I didn't pick up the phone when he called...ya know I was expecting like an information packet, or an email...not a guy at my door -_-
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#1022 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

View PostIrishMack, on 04 February 2013 - 06:32 PM, said:

My brother in law always told me "stay as far away from recruiters as possible, once they have their claws into you, you can't get away." I realized that this was true, after I sent in a request for information for the Marines, and a Marine recruiter physically showed up at my door 2 days later because I didn't pick up the phone when he called...ya know I was expecting like an information packet, or an email...not a guy at my door -_-

Haha! I took the ASVAB at my school because the school said being able to show a good score on it would help you get jobs etc. in the real world. In retrospect that seems highly unlikely, and something about it all feels pretty creepy. Anyway I took the ASVAB and within days recruiters from every branch were calling me, they must've gotten my number through the school.

It's not the same anymore, now that the wars are winding down/"over" all the branches seem to be downsizing and I know a few people that have had a hard time getting in at all...

Guess the meat grinder isn't grinding as much these days...

"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#1023 User is offline   redleg_64 

• But it's only splatter!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

View PostIrishMack, on 04 February 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

That's what we do. When a person expresses interest in the military, we get the information on our computers. We then try to contact the person by phone to see what sort of information they are interested in. If we cannot contact them by phone we will attempt to contact them at their house. As a recruiter we will do what it takes to make contact with you, whether it is by telephone, a knock at your door, or contacting you at school. It is part of our job. Some recruiters are more aggressive than others. I will try to give you a call or two and if I cannot get a hold of you I will stop by your house when I am in the area. If I can't contact you with a few attempts I will forget about you and move on to the next person. When you input your contact info into the computer you shouldn't expect just an information packet. The recruiter responsible for your area will attempt to contact you. Be open to the attempts though. We aren't bad people. We just try to answer any questions that you may have and if you want to enlist, we will do our best to make it happen for you.
Blah...

#1024 User is offline   redleg_64 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

View PostShipwreck!, on 04 February 2013 - 06:59 PM, said:

View PostThe Stuntman, on 29 January 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

View Postredleg_64, on 29 January 2013 - 05:54 PM, said:

Wow...it's been forever since I have been on here. I'm currently a recruiter for the Army. I've been in the Army for nine years, been to South Korea, Germany, Iraq twice and Afghanistan once. If you have any questions about the Army or the military in general hit me up.

WOW....its good to hear from you, and also good to know that things are going well. Its been a LOOOONG time since we last saw you around here....

"Ah yes, recruiters, the slimy used car salesmen of the military world."

Haha!

Yeah, we have a bunch of tricks up our sleeves but I am a guy that actually cares about people. I am a recruiter and it is my job to put people into the army, but I have told a few people that they have a really good thing going for them and that if I were in their shoes I would take a different course of action than to enlist in the military. I do not want to see people sit around their hometown and be a bum. I genuinely want to see them do something positive for their lives. Joining the military has a positive effect on a whole lot of people. I'll tell you a little secret. If you ask me a question I will answer it truthfully, but I may not answer it completely. I will not lie to you because anything I tell you can easily be verified, but I may not tell you the complete truth either. Trust what a recruiter tells you, but verify the information.

Blah...

#1025 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

Hey man, can you tell me a little bit about WOFT?
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#1026 User is offline   redleg_64 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

View PostCuy'val Dar, on 03 March 2013 - 01:13 AM, said:

Hey man, can you tell me a little bit about WOFT?

Warrant Officer Flight Training is a program that turns soldiers into pilots. It is possible to become a WOFT candidate straight out of high school, but it is rare that it happens. Most candidates have at least 5-6 years in the Army before they go through the WOFT program. The following link can explain more about the qualifications than I can tell you. Warrant Officer Flight Training
Blah...

#1027 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

View Postredleg_64, on 02 March 2013 - 09:23 PM, said:

View PostShipwreck!, on 04 February 2013 - 06:59 PM, said:

View PostThe Stuntman, on 29 January 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

View Postredleg_64, on 29 January 2013 - 05:54 PM, said:

Wow...it's been forever since I have been on here. I'm currently a recruiter for the Army. I've been in the Army for nine years, been to South Korea, Germany, Iraq twice and Afghanistan once. If you have any questions about the Army or the military in general hit me up.

WOW....its good to hear from you, and also good to know that things are going well. Its been a LOOOONG time since we last saw you around here....

"Ah yes, recruiters, the slimy used car salesmen of the military world."

Haha!

Yeah, we have a bunch of tricks up our sleeves but I am a guy that actually cares about people. I am a recruiter and it is my job to put people into the army, but I have told a few people that they have a really good thing going for them and that if I were in their shoes I would take a different course of action than to enlist in the military. I do not want to see people sit around their hometown and be a bum. I genuinely want to see them do something positive for their lives. Joining the military has a positive effect on a whole lot of people. I'll tell you a little secret. If you ask me a question I will answer it truthfully, but I may not answer it completely. I will not lie to you because anything I tell you can easily be verified, but I may not tell you the complete truth either. Trust what a recruiter tells you, but verify the information.

Yeah, realizing the difference between the truth and the whole truth can be a jarring experience haha!

That's cool though, I'm sure a lot of people are better off for joining, and I know it's helped me. I don't know that I'd be as well off as I am now as I might've been otherwise.

That said, I will perpetually talk sh*t on you half truth telling a**ed mother******s hahaha!

FOREVER!

You should see how bad the Navy Career Counselors have it though. They get stuck with the burden of having to convince fully informed people to stay hahaha!
"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#1028 User is offline   CptObvious 

• Original Join Date- 29th October 2004 - 04:14 PM
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:CPTOBVIOUS

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:29 PM

Least it wasn't like my friends' recruiters while we were in HS. They showed up to his house one day (saturday, even), and his mom only saw the camo. She thought it was me and someone else looking for him to play some paintball. So she just yelled out that it's open and that he is asleep upstairs. So they went up and flipped his bed over. Then left and said they'd be back later that day.
US Air Force
Posted Image
Proudly Sponsored by: ANS Gear || Pinokio Hoppers|| Stiffi Barrels || ChroniX Radio
[/b]

Share this topic:

• (69 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users