Special Ops Paintball: PMR ... G3 Spec R ... Etek 3 LT - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

PMR ... G3 Spec R ... Etek 3 LT Help me choose my next marker, thanks. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   addbot 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:20 PM

I recently bought an X7 Phenom and im happy with it. Upgrades on the said marker are just the squishy paddle and a J&J barrel. Used it on the last scenario game here.

But now im looking into a speedball marker. Planning to buy one soon, so any comments on the said markers above would be greatly appreciated. Budget is just under $500(i do have $600 but need to keep a few $$$ for the loader). Dont like to buy used markers, had a bad experience before so i just stay away from them(my fault though▄). Thanks.
from airsoft to paintball...

#2 User is offline   SFC. Connell 

• *Extreme Strategist*
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SFC. Connell

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:04 PM

And etek 3 is hands down the best marker for its price range. And for what $475? you can get an LT> Basically to put an etek 3 in persepective its basically a Ego 07. Its reliable, easy to maintain and fix, and its just a nice gun.

This will also leave you with money left over to get a hopper, which you can find on here or other sites for cheap money. I mean Halo B's are going sometimes for less than $50.

So I'd go Etek 3 if I were you.
Feedback

She faked a funeral so people would come visit?
ROFLMAO That's both terrible and hilarious at the same time.-Pirate

#3 Guest_Schecter_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:19 PM

View PostSFC. Connell, on Apr 2 2010, 06:04 PM, said:

And etek 3 is hands down the best marker for its price range. And for what $475? you can get an LT> Basically to put an etek 3 in persepective its basically a Ego 07. Its reliable, easy to maintain and fix, and its just a nice gun.

This will also leave you with money left over to get a hopper, which you can find on here or other sites for cheap money. I mean Halo B's are going sometimes for less than $50.

I have to disagree. The etek has several shortcomings, eclipse intentionally did that so every ego owner doesn't go out and buy an etek.
DP G3 has one of the best ASA's and best stock regs on the market. comes with a fantastic board, good trigger and is very light and well balanced. The method of operation is very simple compared to most spools, so the marker is decently reliable as long as you don't leave it in the garage never lubing it it.
Also, if you're a woods buff the ego is very loud and the sound is very easy to pick out. The G3 is a bit quieter and doesn't have the distinctive "kakakak" that the ego does.

#4 User is offline   commander mike 

• the door is locked now but its open if your true - Metallica
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:commander mike

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:45 PM

View PostSchecter, on May 11 2010, 11:19 PM, said:

View PostSFC. Connell, on Apr 2 2010, 06:04 PM, said:

I have to disagree. The etek has several shortcomings, eclipse intentionally did that so every ego owner doesn't go out and buy an etek.
DP G3 has one of the best ASA's and best stock regs on the market. comes with a fantastic board, good trigger and is very light and well balanced. The method of operation is very simple compared to most spools, so the marker is decently reliable as long as you don't leave it in the garage never lubing it it.
Also, if you're a woods buff the ego is very loud and the sound is very easy to pick out. The G3 is a bit quieter and doesn't have the distinctive "kakakak" that the ego does.

I would have to disagree. Planet Eclipse doesn't put the most recent technology in the Etek's. They put the technology they used in 2008 Egos into the new Eteks. This 2008 technology is far superior to that of the G3 and PMR. Also, an Etek is far more reliable. Planet Eclipse makes some of the most reliable markers that I have seen.
Posted Image
Friends dont let friends shoot .50 cal... - The Stuntman

#5 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 29 May 2010 - 04:10 PM

So heres a quick Recap of what just happened.

The Etek and the G3 are Both awesome markers, no doubt. The PMR is like the nerdy kid in the line-up, he's not as strong as the other two and thus between those three choices both the G3 and the Etek out-perform the PMR by a rather large distance.

now, As yourself you have been presented with two viable options, a Spool valve G3, or a Poppet Etek, both will serve you great.
They both have strong points.

Which will you choose?

See the answer next time. on Marker Vs Marker!
Gotta Catch em all!

Im ranting.
Blarg!

Edit: Yes im about to do this.

Etek: Charamander
G3: Squirtle
PMR: Weedle.

everyone loves Charamander becuase he becomes Charazard, Who is SICK. Now Squirtle turns into Blastoise, who is equally Monsterous and awesome. Both could fight for hours on end. ( assuming one was not super effective against the other)

nobody ever used Weedle, even the Buzzing bee guy sucked, he has the lowest Defence of pretty much every pokemon.

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 29 May 2010 - 04:13 PM

#6 User is offline   snipa12 

• snipe'em all day long
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:snipamasta

Posted 30 May 2010 - 05:46 PM

i have a question. since eteks are open bolt will they get alot of dirt in them?
smart parts owner # 100
"no you did not just fail you found 500 ways not to get me out"

#7 User is offline   THE Biscuit 

• "...The snozberries taste like snozberries..."
  • PipPip

Posted 30 May 2010 - 06:04 PM

Since you're already looking at DP markers might want to check out the new FX. 11 pods on a 68/45 filled to 4k out of the box are some pretty good numbers IMO.
"So I'm sorry, but there are some noobs that are just more fun than a barrel of monkeys." -Snatch_Patcherson

#8 User is offline   commander mike 

• the door is locked now but its open if your true - Metallica
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:commander mike

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:45 PM

View Postsnipa12, on May 30 2010, 08:46 PM, said:

i have a question. since eteks are open bolt will they get alot of dirt in them?

Not a lot.
Posted Image
Friends dont let friends shoot .50 cal... - The Stuntman

#9 User is offline   mike7822 

• Aloha!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MIKE7822

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:50 PM

I would rather have an Etek 3 over a G3 any day. PE is just a superior company. They have a better Customer Service department, easier to find parts, more parts, and the Etek will have a higher resale value, if you want to trade/sell. The etek3 is just a great overall gun. I've shot the LT model and it shot pretty nice. A little bit of kick when you first break it in but after that it should be fine.

Trust me, the Etek3 LT is no competition for the other markers.
03 Prostock Pump ♦ 08 Ego

#10 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 May 2010 - 11:24 PM

Keep in mind the following is coming from a proud PMR owner.

If I had the money, and the time to play a lot more currently, I would get an etek. This is if I were in your position.
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users