• You cannot reply to this topic

some sniper advice Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   snipa12 

• snipe'em all day long
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:snipamasta

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:33 PM

some people say that a sniper needs a ghillie suite to stay hidden, i respecfully dissagree i say it helps conceal you but it is not needed it definitly helps on your hopper, mask and gun since that is what you see most, if you match your camo to the area you are playing at that should be enough unless your constently moving and/or staying in more open terrian.

this is just my opinion

This post has been edited by snipa12: 01 February 2009 - 08:34 PM

smart parts owner # 100
"no you did not just fail you found 500 ways not to get me out"

#2 User is offline   dbrasco 

• I am a paintball artist your face canvas
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Xeno SSK

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:47 AM

you can also attach leaves from the woods you play in to your mask and hopper. I guy i played with tied real leaves to his hopper and mask and it worked pretty well. He also inserted twig into the slots in his mask.

#3 User is offline   snipa12 

• snipe'em all day long
  • PipPip

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:58 PM

ya i put some mesh material on my hopper so the next time i go paintballing i can attach some grass and leaves
smart parts owner # 100

#4 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:01 PM

A lotta times if you just stay low enough and still enough and most of all have patience that will REALLY increase you effectiveness.
-Ty

#5 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:04 PM

Without getting into the debate of snipers existing or not in paintball, I agree that anyone playing any position in woodsball does not need ghille to do well. I have played many games with ghille, without, as well as with camo and without. Tactics and skills win games more than any camouflage ever made.

If you wear ghille, but run around like an idiot making noise, you lose any advantage.

Sadly, there is no ghillie for sound- or idiots. :laugh:

This post has been edited by Violator: 02 February 2009 - 04:12 PM

This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

#6 User is offline   snipa12 

• snipe'em all day long
  • PipPip

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:16 PM

exactly i think ghillie is just to look cool unless your in the army or something when you actully need it, just matching your camo and breaking up the outline of familiar shapes should be enough to keep you hidden
smart parts owner # 100

#7 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:27 PM

Well, ghille CAN be a very effective addition to a woodsball player's toolkit, but it isn't a magic suit that makes you invisible. I've played games in jeans and an O.D. Field Jacket and been as invisible as when I'm wearing my Multicam or other camo. It all depends on your gameplay and use of terrain for concealment.

A properly made ghille suit used correctly can make you almost impossible to find- the trouble is most players don't know how to make and use them well. I've plugged dozens of "W00d58A77 Sn1p3r5" who had no idea that green ghille wouldn't make them invisible in a pile of dead leaves or dry grass, or the guys in the brown ghille trying to hide in the middle of a grassland or bush in spring. :laugh:

As I said, no camo or ghille invented has been proven to cure lack of skill or smarts.

This post has been edited by Violator: 02 February 2009 - 04:29 PM

This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

#8 User is offline   snipa12 

• snipe'em all day long
  • PipPip

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:12 PM

ya i agree it helps if you know how to use it but they can be hot and sometimes weigh you down and they get snagged on things thats why i said that they are most effective when put on familiar shapes like masks hoppers and guns

This post has been edited by snipa12: 02 February 2009 - 06:13 PM

smart parts owner # 100

#9 User is offline   andrew h 

• death is on the wind...
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:*shadow*

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:49 PM

i wear woodland camo pants and a jacket that i have covered with fake leaves, jute, and action ghillie material around the arms, back chest and shoulders. it is not complete enough for my to hide in the open but it really helps to break up the outline of my body and it makes my shape alot harder to pick out from a distance. its amazing how something as simple as breaking up the outline of your mask can effect how often you are spotted. one game when i only had my mask and gun ghillied, i was laying next to a path about 3 feet in the bushes (it was winter so there was very little vegitation). i was clearly visible if anyone more than glanced in my direction. 5 players came up the path and were about 4 feet away when i shot them. 2 of them looked in my direction but they didnt see me because they expected any players to be standing or crouching behind a stump 5 feet away, and not laying on the ground. they told me that they didnt even see me until i started shooting. just by having ghillie on my mask and gun i broke up the most recognizable shapes in woodsball, which allowed my to stay hidden.
so a bush shot you?...
...fear the sniper

official sniper #23
play here! -> http://www.forestfirepb.com/

#10 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:47 AM

No, you do not need a ghillie suit to play the sniper position, nor do you need to have any other special field equipment. Specialized field equipment can enhance your performance and increase your opportunity to engage the opponent before you are detected, but these items are not absolutely necessary to be effective. I have played the sniper role in jeans and a t-shirt, however, since paintball markers all have pretty much the same range, a ghillie suit allows a player to get closer to his target before being seen than someone in non-camouflage attire. Sniping is a guerrilla combat technique used to attack the opponent. People who apply this technique are referred to as snipers...but just as people who fish are referred to as fisherman, that is not necessarily any indication of effectiveness. People who play the position can call themselves a sniper, but whether or not they are successful at it is another thing altogether.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Phobeus 

• You can't kill what you can't see...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Bushman

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:02 PM

These guys are all liars!!! You need an obnoxiously long barrel, prefferably the 21in stiffi sniper barrel, a Tippmann X-7, biggest co2 tank you can get, and a ghillie suit off of ebay, make sure it's bright green so you look like leaves.... or a moss monster.

:dodgy:

Just kidding!

#12 User is offline   SP3TSN47 

• Utility Rifleman
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SP3TSN47

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:30 PM

All you need is an accurate and reliable weapon, some descent camouflage (doesn't need to be ghillie) and a good well fitted vest or LBV for ammunition. A sniper does not have to have long barrels or huge air tanks or even ghillie, if your skill is natural and you have a willingness to go out and hunt down some tangos then you be smart enough on your own to know how to stay out of sight. All in all 1. your gear is important, but its not everything. 2. Be smart, know where the enemy will most likely be moving around. 3. Stay out of plain sight and use bushes. I hope this will provide some help to you all.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users