• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Suitcase/gun?

#1 User is offline   Caramanos2000 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 October 2008 - 10:17 PM

Ok I have a Vibe im messing around with. What would you guys think of putting one inside a suitcase complete with 12oz co2, hopper and barrel in a suitcase and make it functional. What I mean is have a suitcase with a button that fires paintballs :D

#2 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 16 October 2008 - 10:25 PM

Sounds like a good way to get arrested.

Not sure it would be that useful on the field, either, unless you're playing a James Bond Scenario. :D

Welcome to the forums, and let us know how it works out for you.

This post has been edited by Violator: 16 October 2008 - 10:26 PM

This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

#3 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 16 October 2008 - 11:10 PM

Trying to make it like the MP5K suitcase gun?

I see no reason to do it. Just a bad idea. But yeah it's possible.

Oh, and he joined in '06, so i don't really think he's new here...

This post has been edited by slowerpig81: 16 October 2008 - 11:11 PM

#4 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:46 AM

seems kinda useless. Possible, but useless.

#5 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:02 AM

Id like to see someone make a nice case that you can put your marker in. I mean specifically made for your marker and not a general fit. like the kind of cases new high ends come in
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#6 User is offline   Zzaque 

• Voce nao pode ser serio!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Zzaque

Posted 17 October 2008 - 11:05 AM

Briefcase guns are made to be concealed and inconspicuous. The whole purpose is to not draw attention to yourself. A guy walking around in the forest or on a tourney field with a briefcase doesn't exactly blend in. If I were playing against someone that had a briefcase gun there are a few things that would happen.
First, I would immediately recognize him as being on the other team.
Second, if hits to the gun counted as eliminating shots I would have a big target.
Third, I would be able to sight in my gun a lot faster than he could "sight in" his briefcase.
Fourth, I have carried a briefcase as part of my job before and in a forest there are plenty of things that would make the position in which a briefcase is carried, awkward, to say the least.

So to sum it all up. . . Would a briefcase gun be cool? Yes, If you do create it I hope you post a picture. But overall it would be nothing more than a novelty item. The very nature paintball as a sport takes away any useful nature of the idea (unless you are in a large scenario where shooting "civilians" is not allowed). To me though it seems to be a large amount of time and money for something that will be treated more like artwork than an effective paintball marker.
"So, I can't find any Vitamin B-12 pills . . . can't I just give him 2 Vitamin B-6's?"
-A Confused Nurse-

#7 User is offline   mass destruction 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2008 - 12:17 PM

View PostViolator, on Oct 16 2008, 10:25 PM, said:

unless you're playing a James Bond Scenario. :)

he beat me to it lol.

cool, yes.

practical, no.

if you cant afford to lose your vibe just dont do anything irreversible to it.
(quote-Iron Eagle) This is why my preferred way of death is strapping a bomb to myself, walking into PETA HQ and detonating it.
(Quote-weltmaker2000) I don't call my guns pumps. I refer to them as euthanizers of the stupid.

#8 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:00 PM

It's definitely feasible, just impractical. If you do make one, be sure it's possible to put a barrel bag on. Either way post pics.

Actually, I was playing once with some friends, and we did a President-style game (unarmed player trys to make it from A-B but gets ambushed by the other team along the fixed route.) and the President was denoted by a briefcase-style gun case that someone brought. During the day, he hid a PGP in there along with some 12ies and 10 round tubes, and once the Secret Service was eliminated, he sits down, pulls out the PGP and proceeds to slaughter the other team. Not really a briefcase gun, but a briefcase and gun related story... :)
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#9 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:16 PM

You know what I'd like to see is the suitcase gun from "Romeo Must Die." Lemme see if I can find a pic/gif/vid...... basically it's a suitcase, but at a press of a button the case falls away, and the carry handle turns out to be part of a cut-down M4 (I think). I'm gonna dig around for it.

edit: nope, can't find a pic, guess you'll have to rent the movie....

This post has been edited by MurderDeathKill: 17 October 2008 - 01:19 PM

Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#10 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:17 PM

Who was it... there was a video of something like that that some company made a prototype of on here a couple weeks ago...

Here it is! http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...4&hl=magpul

This post has been edited by thisissparta: 17 October 2008 - 01:26 PM

The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#11 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:51 PM

How about the Guitar Case weapons that Antonio Banderas and his buds used in "El Mariachi/Desperado" ? :D

Again, very impractical, but would look cool, especially the LAW.
This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

#12 User is offline   archanglmikel 

• He is like fire and ice and rage....
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:archanglmikel

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:17 PM

Are you thinking about something like the sub-machine guns in the beginning of "The Ghost in the Shell", where the suitcase separates to expose the marker ready to fire? I would think regardless of your inspiration a warp feed will be a good idea, if not an absolute necessity. Bear in mind it will be impractical to use but then again so are 90% all cosmetic modifications. If in the end you enjoy the game more playing this way more power to ya!

southeast brigade patches coming soon! Archanglmikel's feedback
Avatar made by my wife...please ask before you take...or she'll be forced to use her Freeze Ray.

#13 User is offline   RogueShooter 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:roguefaktion

Posted 20 October 2008 - 02:11 AM

I actually thought this is a very good idea, depending on the scenario... Think about it, you're walking through the field carrying a "prop". For one, a lot of players (not all, but a surprising amount) will let a player right by them if they see they have no gun. Two, you can always try to fake people out by saying that you have "a diplomatic package" to give to the other team's general(or some other cover story), and use it to take out said general if people aren't being careful enough. Do I think it would work every time? No, in fact I think if you DID manage to get to the general with it, that would be the last time you'd ever get away with it, but in scenario, these kinds of tricks can turn a game. It wouldn't really be hard to build either, cut a piece of pegboard to fit inside the case, use zipties to secure the marker at the right angle, cut a hole for the barrel, and rig some kind of lever to actuate the trigger. Improvise a 10 round springfeed from some copper pipe and you've got a nifty little assassin weapon for maybe $20 in parts and the marker is easily removed and used normally again.
"Use humility to make the enemy haughty. Tire them by flight. Cause division among them. When they are unprepared, attack and make your move when they do not expect it." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Jay, AKA Rogue... Chairman, Imminent Threat Scenario Paintball Team Proudly Sponsored By Urban Ops Paintball and Cousin's Paintball NJ

#14 User is offline   Tac_paintball 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:52 AM

EDIT. Probably should read the thread a little better. It would be too complicated.

-Tacman

This post has been edited by Tac_paintball: 20 October 2008 - 04:54 AM

#15 User is offline   Scavies 

• DIY Extrordinaire
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Valjean

Posted 22 October 2008 - 04:37 PM

Right now I'm working on a remote detpack that is activated by an infrared signal. Perhaps you could use a remote switch, like the one I'll be using, to make an electronic marker fire. Like a turret I mean. PM me if you want to know some more.

~Scaaaaviesss
FREE stock picks and market analysis by a self-taught day trader!
TradersBase.com

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users