• You cannot reply to this topic

JT Evolve Not bad. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   HelicopterPilot 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:HelicopterPilot

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:38 PM

Well, I'm looking through low-budget paints and I came across JT Evolve. The guys at Modesto Extreme paintball said it was shooting good at their field so I decided to give it a try. I was a bit skeptical I with it being really cheap ($34) and that it was JT paint. I had some right to be skeptical since when I opened the box there was some oil in ALL of the bags. In one bag there seemed like a ball break as well. I wiped two bags of paint using TechPB's towel method. The balls still felt a bit oily ,but got them as clean as possible. Now I still had about 700 rounds of Draxxus Midnight so I only shot about one hopper full of the new paint. From what I could tell this paint was as accurate as the Draxxus Midnight. I could hit a pole across the field in around 3-5 shots. That's good enough in my book. No one is gonna be further away then the fields length. I also did some drop tests with this paint and some draxxus triumph. The JT evolve broke every time.
Pros:
-No dimples
-Cheap ($34)
-Breaks good
-Accurate

Cons:
-Bag break
-Oil
-You gotta clean the balls to get them good ,but once you do its great
-White fill. (This is an opinion really)

Well times are tough and I got plenty of time to clean some paintballs. I would definitely try this paint again. For $34 bucks it shoots well. I'd probably buy this paint again once I try some other low-end paints. I'm experimenting to find a cheap paint that works and this seems like it.

Tippmann Owner #107 & Sabre # ╥ (Pi)

#2 User is offline   HelicopterPilot 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:48 PM

I'm going out this weekend and I will be shooting only this paint. I opened the other two bags and cleaned them out. One bag had no oil. One had a "ball break" The ball looks like it got sealed halfway or something. Its not broken, but it looks squished.

Well I cleaned all the paint and I will post back how it performs this weekend.

#3 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:24 PM

Huh, if it turns out to be decent (for the price) than maybe I will give it a shot. Thats a really good price. But either way, I have 3/4 a case of nightmare in my room... So I am good for a while...

#4 User is offline   BAGELS 

• good stuff^
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I3agels

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:06 PM

View Postshadow_772, on Aug 26 2008, 08:24 AM, said:

Huh, if it turns out to be decent (for the price) than maybe I will give it a shot. Thats a really good price. But either way, I have 3/4 a case of nightmare in my room... So I am good for a while...

Ya, and its going to be with that nice new buzzard. It should be a LONG while...

I personally don't think midnight is all that great though. It bounces a lot.

I have never heard of this new JT stuff. Maybe I will try it when I start using my a5 again. Do you happen to know what the bore size is?

THE INVISI-SIG!
I have no sig, because I am cool like that.
I love my phantom, because it is cool like that....schweet

#5 User is offline   left handed 

• Arms Dealer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:left handed

Posted 28 August 2008 - 10:32 PM

Hrm....I might have to try this paint out. My local indoor field allows white fill only.
Speedball has nothing to do with how fast you shoot and everything to do with how fast you move. - Crawdaddy (PBF)

Feedback!

#6 User is offline   HelicopterPilot 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:32 AM

Update: September 30th

Well last Saturday I used only the JT evolve. I could shoot most targets if I had a good view on them. One time though I moved up the dorrito side tape and had a good view of a player in the carwash. I shot around six shots and all of them curved. Now It was pretty windy Saturday. Not gusty,but a strong breeze. Also ,while I was messing around before a game, I shot a paintball and I swear it did a loop or curved up or something crazy.

It seems like one out of every 7 shots has some weird curve to it. I think that some of the curve is from the wind, also I squegeed my barrel ,but it seemed like there was some residue inside. I lost my barrel swab so I couldn't effectively clean it out. The reason I wanted to clean my barrel was that I was laning and I thought I saw a ball break inside my gun. After the game the barrel was pretty clean ,but it had that residue. I think I can thank my Bigshot barrel ability to shoot through breaks here.

Another thing was that sometimes I'll shoot at someone and they will call themselves out and your like "hey, I hit'em". This is because the white fill is hard for the shooter to see. If you get shot by it you can notice it,but sometimes if your shooting it you can't see if it broke on someone.

So now a pro's and con's

Pros:
Cheap
Bright Shell (pearl blue/white)
Few bounces ( I had one bounce off of this guys puffy hair)
Fairly straight for the most part

Cons:
White Fill
I had one barrel break
You get a curve ball every once in awhile (it always happens when your actually aiming at someone ,but that probably my luck)
Some oil in bags (read first post).

Well believe it or not after another day of speedball I still have a half case left. I guess I'm conservative. I was getting people out ,but only used half a case the whole day. (my friends were like "I feel like I waste paintballs"). Anyways this means I can go and get a third day of use and fine tune my review.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users