Special Ops Paintball: Mike From TechPB. - Special Ops Paintball

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mike From TechPB. NO Flaming. Just what you guys think. Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#16 User is offline   nighthawk4 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:nighthawk4

Posted 30 November 2008 - 04:33 PM

His swearing TINKLEes me off but other than that some of his videos are very informative.
(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your sig. to help
(")_(") him gain achieve domination!

#17 User is offline   light-u-up 

• Everybody needs seizures!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:light-u-up

Posted 30 November 2008 - 04:37 PM

Swearing happens welcome to the world.

#18 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 30 November 2008 - 04:44 PM

View Postlight-u-up, on Nov 30 2008, 06:37 PM, said:

Swearing happens welcome to the world.

Yeah, it happens but is that much really needed? No.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#19 User is offline   kook 

• leet as the street
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2008 - 04:47 PM

I like him. Swearing happens, does he go overboard with it? Yes. Does it keep me from watching? No. There is a lot of great stuff in the vids.

As for false information, I haven't noticed any.
My SpecOps Feedback

Put This In Your Sig if You Work Long And Hard For Your Paintball Money
I support Mike and TechPb. Put this in your sig if you do too.

#20 User is offline   SteelHearted 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 30 November 2008 - 04:56 PM

View Postkook, on Nov 30 2008, 05:47 PM, said:

I like him. Swearing happens, does he go overboard with it? Yes. Does it keep me from watching? No. There is a lot of great stuff in the vids.

As for false information, I haven't noticed any.

Same for me.

------------------------------------------------------
Proudly sponsored by: St. Croix paintball Supply, Splattag, CC military surplus, WPN paintball.

#21 User is offline   Fenrisulfr 

• They call me "Opsy."
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackOpsGhost

Posted 30 November 2008 - 05:00 PM

View PostTeddy K, on Nov 30 2008, 05:34 PM, said:

<snip>

I don't see you with a camera. Perhaps if you know better you should pick one up and start something yourself.

I like what Mike's doing. I don't care about swearing or how he's "bias" or "twists things around." He has his opinions and passes them on. Anyone else can learn anything they want by looking over the web.

Certainly his woodsball explanations were a little off... but look at the forum we're on, a scenario/woodsball forum.

And on topic, Mike I give credit to for putting it out there and making a show. I don't agree with much of his tactics (going on subscription drives with the promise to trash a company if he got "X" subscribers) but I guess if that's what you want, then that's what you do.

I don't see anything wrong with that. Especially if it's Smart Parts. Besides that, this was also during a fairly early part of TechPB.
BOG, that was the most annoying thing I have ever had to endure, and I once watched a whole Teletubbies episode. - Hobo
I don't have MAJOR problems. I have minor annoyances that YOU consider major problems.
WARNING: Extreme sarcasm ahead.

#22 User is offline   SOLIDUS SNAKE 

• dislikes his own avvy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CORPORATE ASSASIN

Posted 30 November 2008 - 05:48 PM

I could truly care less about the swearing. It doesnt matter to me at all. What does bug me is the bias, but it's his show and he can say w/e he wants. It just bugs me that some people cant see through the bias. I think a lot of people watch his videos and then think they are a pro on that subject. Then they can just say "mike agrees with me, who agrees with you?"

Power to him for making videos, i like his tech advice but i dont really care for it.

Rob > Mike
RAP 4, We Make All Those Terrible Products Nobody Asked For - C-3
My feedback

#23 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:01 PM

View PostFenrisulfr, on Nov 30 2008, 06:00 PM, said:

View PostTeddy K, on Nov 30 2008, 05:34 PM, said:

<snip>

I don't see you with a camera. Perhaps if you know better you should pick one up and start something yourself.

I choose to use the forums to help people and going to the field not spend hours yelling into a camera.

Peace,
Teddy K

#24 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:32 PM

View PostFenrisulfr, on Nov 30 2008, 05:00 PM, said:

Umm...I HAVE done it on a camera, and still do when I have the subject matter and equipment on hand (I can't afford every marker on the planet, much to my viewers' chagrin, no doubt). And I STILL dislike him quite a lot.

Sure, he's done a lot to get some information out. But it's biased, emotional and very often poorly researched information. His swearing is unbelievably over the top and unnecessary. The excuse of "it happens" is not a proper response, and it just shows the degeneration of some parts of society.

The main thing that gets under my skin is the "I am a god" complex he has. He has stated that NOBODY is better than he is at ANYTHING paintball. I'm sorry, but such arrogance has no place in 95% of the sport, in terms of player-base.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#25 User is offline   murdercrow 

• Threadkiller Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderCrow

Posted 30 November 2008 - 07:51 PM

View Postnighthawk4, on Nov 30 2008, 04:33 PM, said:

His swearing TINKLEes me off but other than that some of his videos are very informative.

Irony much?

I haven't seen a lot of his videos, but the ones I have seen all seem to be great. AND he did that charity thing. Bias is a natural thing, you all obviously have some too, that's what an opinion is, and it's what you're showing answering the question posed in this thread.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of his "poorly researched subjects," and having it spelled out for me, because a lot of times I see people calling things absolutely false that they don't want to admit is the truth, and it seems to be ESPECIALLY prominent in paintball for some reason. Like, people will outright deny that you can't "freeze paintballs," after he did his bit. Someone posted a link here to that PBN thread about freezing balls, and that thing started like two months or more after he made his video. I still see people arguing about that HERE, every once in a while. Or how X barrel can shoot further than Y barrel, even these days. Remember the Tippmann Straightline thread?

As for the swearing, I agree it may be a BIT excessive, but come on guys, we're adults, part of being an adult is not getting hung up on petty crap.
Automaggot! Paintballin' Punk! "Purple Rambo over here...!"
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

#26 User is offline   Dante 

• I have candy
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kamikaze Snipa

Posted 30 November 2008 - 10:13 PM

I like mike's vids, he seems to be a good guy with just a lot of emotion (which comes out in his language). That being said while mike may have an extensive paintball career, he is not an expert, but honestly, who knows everything? At least he is trying to educate some of the newer players in the sport.

Get Angry!
Poor Gary Coleman, he lived a short life.

#27 User is offline   StealingYerMail 

• always throwin bass
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:StealingYerMail

Posted 30 November 2008 - 10:43 PM

He's a little impractical, a little loud, and a little wrong. I'm not a fan. While what he's doing is generally good and I think he means well, he doesn't seem to have any reason to do these videos. While people like Tyger made a bunch of useful videos, the general quality was a lot better -- as was the information. At times, this Mike character seems like he only has his show just to have it. Only a small portion of the time is he actually spitting out useful information. The rest of the time he's going on some weird rant or just flat out wrong about what he's saying.

You can also tell he's slightly uneducated in certain parts of the sport. Not saying I know everything, but I am saying that he is not a very good person to be doing paintball shows.
Maggot #53
MacDev 06 Cyborg, AGD Tac-One
Death before Smart Parts Feedback

#28 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 30 November 2008 - 11:05 PM

View PostTeddy K, on Nov 30 2008, 02:34 PM, said:

I hate mike.

He has alot of flawed info...he spins things HORRIBLY one way or the other he curses a ridiculous amount he thinks that just because he has been around for longer than 2 years he is the paintball god. I can put a camera in front of me yell really loud why a company is bad and how I hate the world but I feel that ppl should know this information. I have learned from a few of his videos I have seen many of them but the vast majority of what I see is flawed logic or information or he takes a fact and spins it or only represents one side of the argument to just push his own agenda. To my knowledge he hasn't played on any pro teams idk if he is a certified tech for any companies. The man got alot of followers with his crude language and passionate videos but he is not respected by a majority of the tourney or corporate pb community.

Peace,
Teddy K

he played semi pro

Meh my opinion if baised just like everyone else so does it make a difference in the thread not really , but most of the stuff he says is somewhat true and baised just like almost everyone else .

love hate situation here
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#29 User is offline   South 

• HURR DURRR
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2008 - 11:14 PM

I haven't visited his channel or watched any of his vids for a few months now, but the ones I did were very informative.

I myself don't have a problem with the swearing at all since I talk like a sailor myself, but I could easily see how some people could, but really that's about the only thing I could see a few people having a problem with his videos, other than, DOO DOOs solid.

OA Scenario Productions Kobra Kommand 2 Blue Team MVP

#30 User is offline   kook 

• leet as the street
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2008 - 11:16 PM

At times, this Mike character seems like he only has his show just to have it.

He said in his vids he has the show because he used to have older players who would help him out in paintball and he wants everyone to have that. Hence him doing reviews, giving tips, showing how to fix guns, etc

Only a small portion of the time is he actually spitting out useful information. The rest of the time he's going on some weird rant or just flat out wrong about what he's saying.

He doesn't even rant that much.

I found 13 videos where he rants. That's being generous, There were some where they couldn't be considered rants, although he does go on a small rants in about 4 or 5 of them, the majority of the video is fine, but I put them in anyways

So thats 13 out of 265.

I would say he rants very little.

This post has been edited by kook: 30 November 2008 - 11:18 PM

My SpecOps Feedback

Put This In Your Sig if You Work Long And Hard For Your Paintball Money
I support Mike and TechPb. Put this in your sig if you do too.

Share this topic:

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users