Markerbids.com biggest waste of time? Rate Topic: -----

#46 User is offline   Private Silver 

• Das poomp
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Private Silver

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:19 PM

View PostLocknpump, on 15 February 2011 - 08:38 PM, said:

Guys its a business, if you don't like it then don't do it, Mike can be and is flambouyant but tbh if I could set up something like this I would, the economy doesn't play fair, its a fact you just have to reason with or avoid it. Don't judge people based on their business.

Actually that can tell quite a bit about the way a person is in other aspects of their life. Just saying.
Posted Image
SO Feedback +2/ E-bay feedback +14

#47 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:00 PM

I think it says a lot about someone, to be honest. I'm sure there are cases where perhaps it doesn't, but back to a tobacco company - think about it.

#48 User is offline   Locknpump 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

He isn't harming anyone, he is giving a person the chance at a marker they would never be able to afford, its exactly like a lottery, its totally up to you whether you give it a try or not so judging him is just making up excuses for your own stupidity..

now if a 10 year old was allowed to do this i'd be concerned..

This post has been edited by Locknpump: 15 February 2011 - 08:19 PM

#49 User is offline   Private Silver 

• Das poomp
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:38 PM

And again, as it's been proven, 10 year olds DO have access to it. As for paypal "requiring" you to be 18, that's only when they actually check on the account, as thats the reason I have 2 paypal accounts right now. One with my actual age (17)
and one under my dads name/age (54). Why? Because they let me create the account when i was 16, and didn't lock it until they did their annual check a year later. Perhaps they've tightened their security now, but again, all you have to do is change ONE number, as they don't really care whose credit card or bank account is added to the account, as long as you can verify it (again, not hard).

As for his side, agreed, it does give people opportunities at things they might not otherwise have. And again, we aren't saying that there is anything physically "wrong" with it, I just find it unethical that someone can try to further a community by making something seem more available (and in some cases it is) but then turn around and justify as helping the community when they can make easily 300% profit or more on something else.
Posted Image

#50 User is offline   Locknpump 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:51 AM

View PostPrivate Silver, on 15 February 2011 - 10:38 PM, said:

And again, as it's been proven, 10 year olds DO have access to it. As for paypal "requiring" you to be 18, that's only when they actually check on the account, as thats the reason I have 2 paypal accounts right now. One with my actual age (17)
and one under my dads name/age (54). Why? Because they let me create the account when i was 16, and didn't lock it until they did their annual check a year later. Perhaps they've tightened their security now, but again, all you have to do is change ONE number, as they don't really care whose credit card or bank account is added to the account, as long as you can verify it (again, not hard).

As for his side, agreed, it does give people opportunities at things they might not otherwise have. And again, we aren't saying that there is anything physically "wrong" with it, I just find it unethical that someone can try to further a community by making something seem more available (and in some cases it is) but then turn around and justify as helping the community when they can make easily 300% profit or more on something else.

And he can easily LOSE that much. Once again, it's a business and honestly in the end he will break probably just above or below the amount spent. Gotta look at both sides.

#51 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:46 AM

Posted Image

#52 User is offline   kaosukoden 

• Aim first
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kaosukoden

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:36 PM

View PostKrazy8, on 16 February 2011 - 01:46 PM, said:

Posted Image

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

let's face it, you wish you woulda thought of it... i know i do.

This post has been edited by kaosukoden: 16 February 2011 - 12:37 PM

#53 User is offline   Private Silver 

• Das poomp
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:30 PM

Hahahaa, yes, I wish I did.
Posted Image

#54 User is offline   Mike Phillips 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:19 PM

Well the idea of a "pay per bid" site is pretty simple-

spread the cost of the item across multiple people, to give the winner of the auction an incredible deal, and hopefully get enough bids on the item, to break even and/or generate a profit.

Many people love this business model, many people absolutely hate it. One thing that I like, is that everything takes place, in plain view of everyone. You can literally track the winning item from the time it closes, to 5 days later arriving at the winner's door, and him making a Youtube video on it.

I'm certainly not trying to justify or sell the site business model to people, but what's funny is that when I talk to "industry people", such as owners / managers of major paintball companies inside of paintball, they all think it's genius LOL

Personally, it's an extremely exciting site to run. It's amazing how I'll lose $900 on a Dye NT, but make $400 on a Paintball Caddy, or $1000 on a ninja tank.

Actually, I bought a $950 Tippmann SMG-68 off MCB for $950, and completely lost my tail on it when it didn't even get 100 bids. But that's the exciting part about the site. Some things catch fire and get hot, some things just dump early and the winner gets an amazing deal.

It's fun and it's profitable. But let me tell you, 99% of the people on the site, are over 18 and are using their own money.
Yes, I already know that profanity is not allowed on this forum

#55 User is offline   Supergyro 

• Ain't He Great, Folks?
  • PipPip

Posted 15 March 2011 - 01:08 PM

I say do what you want and if it doesn't hurt me, then I can chose if I want to put my money in it or not. Simple as that. Mike, I'll probably never use your system but I certainly see the advantages and I wish I could pull something like that together.
Posted Image
"Of course you know, this means war."-Bugs Bunny
"My friend got killed by a throwing star but I live because of DEagle."-Thalion

"The visible spectrum is...RAINBOWS"-Pirate

#56 User is offline   paintball7410 

• headshot
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:snipingmadcow

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:59 PM

I actually am a bidder on a similar site called QuiBids.com and the first item I won was a unibody Macbook Pro for $21.79 + the initial bid package for $70.

Since I already have one, I sold it for a smooth profit.

#57 User is offline   Supergyro 

• Ain't He Great, Folks?
  • PipPip

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:47 PM

Holy crap! That's a steal.
Posted Image
"Of course you know, this means war."-Bugs Bunny
"My friend got killed by a throwing star but I live because of DEagle."-Thalion

"The visible spectrum is...RAINBOWS"-Pirate

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)