• You cannot reply to this topic

PM7 Problems Oh noes!

#1 User is offline   Ecellg 

• Landing gear 25' from plane.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ecellg

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:29 PM

So I get to the field today, and pull out my pm7. I turn it on, and with it empty, it said there was a ball in the breach and it was read to fire. I look down in the breach, no ball. So I think this is very odd, so I open up my grip, and it check the connection of the eyes to the board, and it all looks good. I noticed that when I pressed gently on the connector (where the ribbon plugs into), it would switch to no ball in breach. When I fire a shot, it would say there is an eye malfunction. I have a Virtue board, and they have a lifetime warrenty don't they? Should I just call them monday, and ask them to replace it? I'm getting my autococker sometime around Thursday, so I will have another marker to use, while they fix/replace it. Do you guys have any ideas on what else the problem may be? My theory is that the connector is coming loose from the board. I have an uncle who owns a radio shop who might be able to soldier that connection, but that will probably void the warrenty, while it might not fix the problem. I can get pics if you think it might help.

This post has been edited by Ecellg: 29 November 2008 - 06:34 PM

FULDA GAP 2009
Serving In The:
U.S. 3rd Mechanized Infantry Division/3rd Brigade 3-22 Infantry
NATO WILL Be Victorious This Next Year

#2 User is offline   paintslinger99 

• ITS NOT AN ION!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:paintslinger99

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:54 PM

I would bet on that connection being loose, i cant tell you how many times ive had problems with something electronic and the only problem has been a loose cable, wire, or some other dealy-ma-jig.

#3 User is offline   Ecellg 

• PipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2008 - 07:07 PM

How the eyes work: the eyes are connected to an wire ribbon, which connects to a (for lack of better term) connector, which is soldered to the board. I've checked the ribbon connections, and that the eyes are clean. Since the rest of the board works, and it stopped working before it got wet (it was raining today) I am 99% positive that it is that solder. I guess my main questions are, should I call them and see about sending it off (lose it for god only knows how long) or see if I can get my uncle can fix it? It might not be the problem and if I have my uncle fix it and it is not the problem, the warrenty is probably void.
FULDA GAP 2009
Serving In The:

#4 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 29 November 2008 - 07:22 PM

Don't solder it. That will ruin the warranty.

First check the ribbon. Check the connection. Make sure the end is not cracked or the ribbon wire is not broken. Look for any creases in it. Make sure the ribbon wire is not upside down in the board connection.

Virtues are lifetime warrantied.

#5 User is offline   Ecellg 

• PipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2008 - 07:40 PM

I probably will call in. I was more looking for another answer when it is obvious. Lets hope I don't start having withdrawls, though my cocker should help with that. :laugh:

This post has been edited by Ecellg: 29 November 2008 - 07:46 PM

FULDA GAP 2009
Serving In The:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users