• You cannot reply to this topic

Beginner Hammer Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Van 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Javus

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:58 PM

I was hoping to get some advice for making an effective Hammer. I currently have a Broadsword set-up and have a DT on the way. I have seen some wicked set-ups on this site like the drop forward and the multi-hpa air supply. What should be my first steps to prepare? Air, hoppers, numerous pods, bowflex :P barrels? Any advice would be appreciated.

Same thing we do every night Pinky...

#2 User is offline   Custom Cowboy 

• Heavy Gunner in a Kilt
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Custom Cowboy

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:10 PM

Gun carrying apparatus.
Hoppers.
Air.
Paint carrying capability/Air.
Barrels.
You need something to carry the gun so that you don't die after an hour. A vest works well.
You need BIG hoppers to increase your trigger time and create the ability for more effective pushes.
You need enough air to shoot the paint load you carry.
When you increase your paint carrying capability, you need to increase your air to match that paint load that you're carrying.
Apex barrels are a nice little luxury once you have the tactical necessities down.

Good luck.
And a Bowflex never hurts.
www.shatteredangelspaintball.com

#3 User is offline   Van 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:30 PM

I am pretty much upgrading from a Broadsword, so I have the vest and sling down. I just don't want to get to the field and say "I'm such a noob" because I forgot something obvious. I am pretty sure one of the awesome responsibilities of the Hammer isn't so much the rof, but the image. He must (improv from Bedazzled) "play the game like that of a viking giant with marker in one hand and club in the other!"
I am thinking about getting the 110ci PMI as a starter, then work on the BT's. How hard is it to add the drop forward on the DT?

I like the quote from the "Safety Dance". I haven't heard that song since Captain Kangaroo was on the air!

#4 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:08 PM

well definitely do all the math... and do it again... and again.. think about how many balls fit in your hoppers, how many you can physically carry between your gear and endurance level, and think about air. now think air pressure. now think about swappin/filling air tanks. now think about cash... how much paint are you able to buy at a time. use that to guide how far you'll wanna stretch your loads of paint and air. next, bowflex, and H20 IV drip. you'll need to keep alot of water in you, and food. you'll burn more energy your first time as a hammer than you'll dream possible. trust me. you'll go in all superman about it, but when you pack up to leave, you'll get in the car, look at the wheel and say "it.. hurts.. to.. live..."

but get used to movement, weight, and style of play, and you'll learn how to anhialate people very quickly.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#5 User is offline   Custom Cowboy 

• Heavy Gunner in a Kilt
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:37 PM

What I did on mine, since I used a piece of flat steel to connect the two, was to just bolt on an ASA backwards and plumb it into the works. Click on the DIY Double Trouble link in my sig and you can see pics of the stages I went through. With the equalizer kit, you would have to probably tap the back connector bar(but off center so you don't drill into your air passage!) for a 10x32 bolt and bolt on an ASA.

#6 User is offline   Van 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 28 February 2008 - 03:46 AM

"well definitely do all the math... and do it again... and again"
I guess my algebra teacher was right. I will have to do this in real life.
That is one wicked setup Cowboy. If MacGuyver and the A-Team ever had a love child it would look like your old DT. It looks like you get a lot of efficiency out of the setup, but do you think a reg would make a difference for 3 tanks?

#7 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:01 PM

a reg wouldnt really help, because if all the tanks are connected, then they will all drain at the same rate. what you'd want is a couple on off's that you could "stage" the tanks with. i.e. have all 3 tanks connected, but have 2 shut off at a time. then just turn a couple knobs, and you've switched tanks. that way each one is fresh, and you really know how much air you got left. its practically like apollo 13.... just without the space thing. just be careful when you rig it.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#8 User is offline   Custom Cowboy 

• Heavy Gunner in a Kilt
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:50 PM

View PostVan, on Feb 28 2008, 02:46 AM, said:

That is one wicked setup Cowboy. If MacGuyver and the A-Team ever had a love child it would look like your old DT.

I'm so proud to hear that. For serious.

#9 User is offline   Van 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:23 PM

I just got done playing Yellow Scorpion, and it was my first time playing with the DT. I have to thank you guys for the advice. It really came in handy, especially the part about the weight. While I did test fire the marker earlier that week, it just doesn't prepare you for the full load of everything.....and then sprinting.
Unfortunatley the marker broke a seal early in the game, but I did manage to throw 2000 rounds out (in the first 15 minutes!) and test the limits of my setup.
Thanks again for all the advice.

#10 User is offline   T_DEVIL 

• The DEVIL didn't make me do it! I just could!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:T_DEVIL

Post icon  Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:19 PM

Welcome to the club, hopefully your Love child will be up and running smoothly soon.

This Hammer area will help you not only with your set-up! but in tactics, deployment, upgrades, purchasing of new DT Kits (from DOC) questions you may have that have been already addressed, healthy discussions, not so productive discussions and your occassional misguilded soul who thinks they know better and don't really understand the MAGNITUDE of DESTRUCTION we can inflict.

So I hope you are an imsomniac cause you have alot of reading to do. :)
But try not to stay up to late for in the morning YOU WILL need to go job hunting to support your endless amount of paint needed. :alien:

Let the GOD LIKE COMPLEX begin!

ABANDON ALL HOPE!

#11 User is offline   DOC92 

• Quadzilla not gojira
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DOC

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:41 AM

It definitely helps to have your loadout balanced front/back so you're not killing your back muscles trying to stay upright.
32bps+8hours+12cases=MMG http://doubletrouble.21.forumer.com/ My tech guy: DoubleTrouble2

#12 User is offline   Van 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 18 March 2008 - 03:03 AM

"But try not to stay up to late for in the morning YOU WILL need to go job hunting to support your endless amount of paint needed. :alien: "

Trust me, the job is covered. I am active duty in the USN. I can just pull out the ol' government credit card and have the gross national product at my disposal! Thank you for your tax dollars. :ghillie:

This post has been edited by Van: 18 March 2008 - 03:03 AM

#13 User is offline   dogstile 

• who knew that i would become the local legend?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:dogstile

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:16 PM

i might have a set of double trouble a5's next year, all depends if i can order it from anywhere local...

yeah, like the other ones said, job hunting, go, now, i don't care if you have it covered, you will always need more money

on the other hand, watch out for those currently using there daggery skills on you (melike people) as they will be immensely annoying
"tippman rocks, if you think the same, put this in your sig"
"if the first thing you would grab if your house was on fire is your paintball gear, put this in your sig"
"if you love paintball more then your relatives, put this in your sig"
"if you are addicted to paintball, put this in your sig"

#14 User is offline   Erndogg 

• Team Suburban Support
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Erndogg

Posted 24 March 2008 - 12:39 AM

View Postdogstile, on Mar 18 2008, 02:16 PM, said:

i might have a set of double trouble a5's next year, all depends if i can order it from anywhere local...

Far as I know Doc is the only one that sells the kits. You could use CustomCowboy's DIY setup if you can find the cranks.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users