Special Ops Paintball: Jogging/Sprinting/Training? - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jogging/Sprinting/Training? What do you guys do to keep in shape? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   TheReaper 

• 5 Years and some months to go.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:hvyrifleman12345

Posted 03 December 2007 - 06:41 PM

Assuming you're high school age, attend a practice with your school's wrestling team. Nobody and I mean NOBODY has better endurance than a wrestler. Trust me on this, 8 miles is barely a warm up for us.
Word.

#17 User is offline   Shephard 

• Ghost Stalkers Captain
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Shephard

Posted 05 December 2007 - 01:37 PM

Paintball alone is NOT enough to train a dagger. And as others said its not about being fast, you must be able to adjust in woodland envirnment and not stop from painful or annoying things like the cold, the heat, thorns, water ect. in my team, ghost stalkers, we recently just did training early in the morning such as obstacle courses through various logs we had to jump and dive over and crawl under, crossing freezing streams, climbing the upslope sidings, avoid thorn bushes all while not stopping, and after that we set up a firing exercise where 2 - 3 shooters would fire at the stream while the trainees had to move as fast as possible through the freezing stream and take cover under the various logs with no gun (but wiht a mask of course) The one thing to remember in training is DON'T stop unless you have cover so that way you'll be ready. After the harsh trainning we go through in training we're ready for anyhting and that has helped me greatly as a dagger. You don't have to do anything extreme but just try to be creative, try running through the woods really fast but at the same time avoid falling or being stuck in obstacles, you must train your body to flow with the envirnment, when you jump, be ready to plant your feet right to get going again, when you crawl, be ready to roll into cover, just be creative and go through the woods with your gear on (daggers shouldn't have too much gear anyway) so you can get better at moving. A dagger must have a quick mind and a quick body, but also must be able to flow with your surroundings.
- 2LT Watkins,
Task Force 68
Ghost Stalkers CO

#18 User is offline   Dracallo 

• STORM Mercenary
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:eXo5

Posted 10 December 2007 - 01:42 PM

You guys should try ruck marches. Take a field pack of 15-70 lbs. Depending on how hardcore you are. Then go for a good 5 mile walk. It might take you 2 hours to do it, but its a full body workout and you get used to the elements and the weight of your load.

This is best hiking through woods but on a hardball isnt too bad either.

STORM Mercenary Squad
Our job is a dying business.
www.stormmercs.com

#19 User is offline   PaintballXD 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 12 December 2007 - 06:45 PM

I am in football so i workout every day of the week. when i want to work my legs to do 300+ pound squats "including my own weight" and there are alot of other forms of lifting that i do to build my strength. I am a lineman so im not the fastest when it comes to running. I like to run twice a week but with more that one mile at a time, i usually do three miles. Then 3 times a week i have boxing practice which brings in a very good cardio workout. Im like a machine no one wants to screw with me. well i dont know if that helps me as a dagger but if you want to workout i say rinning "sprints" and other explosive exercises is best for a dagger. O yeah and sorry to break your bubble but boxers have wayyyyyy more endurance then a wrestler man you dont know what your talking about. go against any serious boxer in endurance training and he will beat you.

#20 User is offline   Shadow Ghost 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow Ghost 13

Posted 12 December 2007 - 07:20 PM

i run up steep hills year round with my mask on to get used to the partial block of air goin out :alien: :alien: :alien: :( :D

#21 User is offline   TheReaper 

• 5 Years and some months to go.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:hvyrifleman12345

Posted 14 December 2007 - 05:39 PM

View PostPaintballXD, on Dec 12 2007, 07:45 PM, said:

I am in football so i workout every day of the week. when i want to work my legs to do 300+ pound squats "including my own weight" and there are alot of other forms of lifting that i do to build my strength. I am a lineman so im not the fastest when it comes to running. I like to run twice a week but with more that one mile at a time, i usually do three miles. Then 3 times a week i have boxing practice which brings in a very good cardio workout. Im like a machine no one wants to screw with me. well i dont know if that helps me as a dagger but if you want to workout i say rinning "sprints" and other explosive exercises is best for a dagger. O yeah and sorry to break your bubble but boxers have wayyyyyy more endurance then a wrestler man you dont know what your talking about. go against any serious boxer in endurance training and he will beat you.

I must admit, boxers have endurance but you get breaks during your matches. We don't. Especially in freestyle.
Word.

#22 User is offline   QUEEG 

• QUEEG 500/Scott Grieger/Z-Barf
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QUEEG 500

Posted 14 December 2007 - 10:55 PM

heh, I suppose P.E. keeps me somewhat fit...

This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.
PM Me if you want to know why my signature is legal...Its actually the most reported thing on the forum these days -Tenacious

#23 User is offline   EPIC_Fox 

• filth.fm
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:EPIC_Fox

Posted 15 December 2007 - 04:01 PM

Soccer will do it for you too...
Boss Paintball

#24 User is offline   Black Hawk 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 17 December 2007 - 03:11 PM

Soccer's good. Doesn't even have to be on a team. Just get a group of your friends together and do a little 3v3. You'll get a pretty good workout just from that.

Also, I'm doing Burpee Conditioning. If anyone wants to get an amazing workout from one exercise, let me know and I'll post it. It works your shoulders, chest, triceps, lats, abs, quads, and calves.

Another way to stay in shape is do Woods running. Just put on a weighted vest, ankle weights, or something similar, and go for a nice long run through the woods. Build agility and endurance all at once.

#25 User is offline   thebostinian 

• SOFA Favorite Member Title 2009
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thebostinian

Posted 17 December 2007 - 05:28 PM

View PostBlack Hawk, on Dec 17 2007, 05:11 PM, said:

Another way to stay in shape is do Woods running. Just put on a weighted vest, ankle weights, or something similar, and go for a nice long run through the woods. Build agility and endurance all at once.

running in the woods is great, but i wouldn't recommend the added weights, puts too much stress on your knees and ankles.

"Yeah, but a thread that started out as borderline weird and creepy to begin with has now taken a left turn into 'Deliverance." - Violator
Don't try to pronounce the second "o". Instead, try realize the truth: there is no second "o"

#26 User is offline   EPIC_Fox 

• filth.fm
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:EPIC_Fox

Posted 20 December 2007 - 06:01 PM

View Postthebostinian, on Dec 17 2007, 07:28 PM, said:

running in the woods is great, but i wouldn't recommend the added weights, puts too much stress on your knees and ankles.

Agreed...but if you really want to do it right run around with your vest/pack and pods loaded out full of paint to get used to the weight...but thats for you radicals that really focus on training :panzer:

**no flame intended**
Boss Paintball

#27 User is offline   Proboudnout 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Triple Tee

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:50 PM

I do cross-country in the summer and fall, and track (sprinting events) in the spring. Those are usually enough to keep me in shape; doesn't hurt that I usually have P.E. or a strength and conditioning class during the school year.

Cross-country practices are at least 3 miles, but average 5; our bus runs are anywhere from 7-8. For sprinting, practice usually covers 2 miles all told. One of the things we do for those is a ladder.

LADDER:
Run, then walk the distance listed (helps if you're on a track) -
100 meters
200 meters
300 meters
Jog a 400
300 meters
200 meters
100 meters
Then a cooldown jog (400 meters)

Hill workouts are good, too.

What I would recommend is, if you're in high school, talk to your track coach and get the workouts they do for their sprinters and their middle distance runners (those events would cover the 100 m, 200 m, and 400 m dashes, and the 800 m run). Those should work pretty well - the sprint workouts for speed, with the middle distance for endurance.
I heard that coming a mile away.

#28 User is offline   dogstile 

• who knew that i would become the local legend?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:dogstile

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:11 AM

i don't do much of anything, really, i'm decently fast, it is hard to shoot me, and even if i'm tired, i keep going, i'm not stopping, it'll hurt more getting shot then it will if i push myself

just get used to cold and heat, i tend to jog with gun out, mask on, barrel sleeve on (of course) my paintballs in the hopper, and my paintballs in the pods, but only once i get to the woods, with the area i live in, i'll probably get the army on me if i jogged with so much as a pack of "bangers" out

(bangers are littles balls that bang once they hit the floor, they use gunpowder, don't use to many at once, nearly set fire to myself)

This post has been edited by dogstile: 12 January 2008 - 11:24 AM

"tippman rocks, if you think the same, put this in your sig"
"if the first thing you would grab if your house was on fire is your paintball gear, put this in your sig"
"if you love paintball more then your relatives, put this in your sig"
"if you are addicted to paintball, put this in your sig"

#29 User is offline   ECOracer 

• 1/2 Mechanical 1/2 Electronic
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ECORACER

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:51 PM

Also, I'm doing Burpee Conditioning. If anyone wants to get an amazing workout from one exercise, let me know and I'll post it. It works your shoulders, chest, triceps, lats, abs, quads, and calves.

im curious

#30 User is offline   The Scout 

• Penny for the gurney
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Scout

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:10 PM

I run 3.6 miles everyday, partly to keep my sexy body looking sexy and partly because I just flat-out enjoy running.
Official Pump Owner #98
"Maybe God keeps us on earth, just like we have beef farms for cows. Then, when we die he eats us... I just freaked myself out. Be right back, I gotta go pray"-Kook

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users