Special Ops Paintball: Getting Pulled over by the police.. - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


  • (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Getting Pulled over by the police.. LICENSE AND PROOF OF INSURANCE PLEASE!

#46 User is offline   marksman1941 

  • Not bad for a first deer
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 54
  • Joined: 09-November 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oregon

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:49 PM

I'm 18, and have been driving since the day I turned 16. I've only been pulled over once so far, and it was the one time where I didnt actually deserve it. I had just gotten a lift and new tires on my Jeep, and went from 29's to 31's. I didnt think about what that would do to my speedometer. I was going through town one day, doing what i thought was 27 (limit was 25), and a cop pulled me over for doing 33. Once he found out they were new tires, he just told me to learn how to compensate for it, then let me go. A friend of mine was late for football practice and got pulled over for 97 in a 25. That was a $1200 ticket. Then, two miles down the road, he got caught for 71 in a 45. That was another $200 or so. Two days later he took a wet corner going 55 and wrapped his 4runner around a tree. That was another $800 in tickets. I really dont know why he still has his license. With that kind of record at 16, I expected him to lose it, but he hasnt.
Feedback +2/-0
0

#47 User is offline   Xakk 

  • got boost?
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 133
  • Joined: 20-December 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Shreveport LA

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:26 PM

... if you do double the speed limit you are not only arrested upon stopping, but your license is suspended :mellow: . either your friend lied, or he was exaggerating... I cant even think of a place that I could do ~100mph where the speed limit is 25... you need a 1/4 mile or more(especially if its a 4runner) depending on the car... I cant think of one place where there is a 1/4 mile of 25 mph zone.... anywhere in Louisiana...
0

#48 User is offline   Aim for the trash 

  • Not my name?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,716
  • Joined: 03-September 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Savannah, GA
  • Brigade Name:REMOVED AS INAPPROPRIATE

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:56 PM

This cop tried to confiscate me and my friend's longboards and arrest us for skating down a city owned parking garage a few days back.

FRAG the police. Go catch a real criminal, not someone having some harmless fun.

Edit:

View Postmarksman1941, on Nov 16 2009, 12:49 AM, said:

I'm 18, and have been driving since the day I turned 16. I've only been pulled over once so far, and it was the one time where I didnt actually deserve it. I had just gotten a lift and new tires on my Jeep, and went from 29's to 31's. I didnt think about what that would do to my speedometer. I was going through town one day, doing what i thought was 27 (limit was 25), and a cop pulled me over for doing 33. Once he found out they were new tires, he just told me to learn how to compensate for it, then let me go. A friend of mine was late for football practice and got pulled over for 97 in a 25. That was a $1200 ticket. Then, two miles down the road, he got caught for 71 in a 45. That was another $200 or so. Two days later he took a wet corner going 55 and wrapped his 4runner around a tree. That was another $800 in tickets. I really dont know why he still has his license. With that kind of record at 16, I expected him to lose it, but he hasnt.


Kids like this need to ride a motorcycle.

That way, they are less of a threat to other drivers, and they don't do it again after a crash....

Because they are dead.
'

This post has been edited by Aim for the trash: 16 November 2009 - 09:00 PM

You have failed as a paintballer.
Special Ops Feedback M. Carter Brown feedback
Dirty quotes get you warned. Dang it Mike.
0

#49 User is offline   Thumper113 

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,830
  • Joined: 01-July 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago, Illinois
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:17 PM

View PostAim for the trash, on Nov 16 2009, 09:56 PM, said:

This cop tried to confiscate me and my friend's longboards and arrest us for skating down a city owned parking garage a few days back.

FRAG the police. Go catch a real criminal, not someone having some harmless fun.

Edit:

View Postmarksman1941, on Nov 16 2009, 12:49 AM, said:

I'm 18, and have been driving since the day I turned 16. I've only been pulled over once so far, and it was the one time where I didnt actually deserve it. I had just gotten a lift and new tires on my Jeep, and went from 29's to 31's. I didnt think about what that would do to my speedometer. I was going through town one day, doing what i thought was 27 (limit was 25), and a cop pulled me over for doing 33. Once he found out they were new tires, he just told me to learn how to compensate for it, then let me go. A friend of mine was late for football practice and got pulled over for 97 in a 25. That was a $1200 ticket. Then, two miles down the road, he got caught for 71 in a 45. That was another $200 or so. Two days later he took a wet corner going 55 and wrapped his 4runner around a tree. That was another $800 in tickets. I really dont know why he still has his license. With that kind of record at 16, I expected him to lose it, but he hasnt.


Kids like this need to ride a motorcycle.

That way, they are less of a threat to other drivers, and they don't do it again after a crash....

Because they are dead.
'

Most cities / villages have ordinances prohibiting skateboarding / rollerblading on city owned property..

Cause if you get hurt, who is liable? Why do you think at most private skate parks have you sign a waiver?

So instead of FRAG the police, why donít you quit breaking the law.

All the outdoor parks out here have SKATE AT YOUR OWN RISK posted, so if you get hurt its on you.

And 2nd of all WHY THE HELL would you skate in a PARKING GARAGE? Do you need to get hit by a car to understand why you should not / cannot skate in a parking garage?

and I donít know about the rest of you.. but if a cop were to tell me to give him something.. as long as it is not ILLEGAL to poses.. you are going to get it back.. you might have to have your parents go get it but thatís how it is..

if you are cool with the cop and are polite .. the chances of getting a ticket / getting arrested are reduced.. you start being a ass expect more problems.

I treat everyone the same to start, and the outcome depends on how they act.

This post has been edited by SO45615: 21 November 2009 - 03:18 PM

Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.
0

#50 User is offline   light-u-up 

  • Everybody needs seizures!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,252
  • Joined: 09-April 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Orange, MA
  • Brigade Name:light-u-up

Posted 21 November 2009 - 10:21 PM

got pulled over once didn't have my wallet on me, about 2 months after getting my license. The cop lives up the street, he told me to slow down and we talked about the neighborhood. Small town cops ftw
0

#51 User is offline   outlaw-master 

  • Money..Women..Fame
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 991
  • Joined: 24-April 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Brigade Name:outlaw-master

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:42 PM

View PostSO45615, on Nov 21 2009, 04:17 PM, said:

View PostAim for the trash, on Nov 16 2009, 09:56 PM, said:

This cop tried to confiscate me and my friend's longboards and arrest us for skating down a city owned parking garage a few days back.

FRAG the police. Go catch a real criminal, not someone having some harmless fun.

Edit:

View Postmarksman1941, on Nov 16 2009, 12:49 AM, said:

I'm 18, and have been driving since the day I turned 16. I've only been pulled over once so far, and it was the one time where I didnt actually deserve it. I had just gotten a lift and new tires on my Jeep, and went from 29's to 31's. I didnt think about what that would do to my speedometer. I was going through town one day, doing what i thought was 27 (limit was 25), and a cop pulled me over for doing 33. Once he found out they were new tires, he just told me to learn how to compensate for it, then let me go. A friend of mine was late for football practice and got pulled over for 97 in a 25. That was a $1200 ticket. Then, two miles down the road, he got caught for 71 in a 45. That was another $200 or so. Two days later he took a wet corner going 55 and wrapped his 4runner around a tree. That was another $800 in tickets. I really dont know why he still has his license. With that kind of record at 16, I expected him to lose it, but he hasnt.


Kids like this need to ride a motorcycle.

That way, they are less of a threat to other drivers, and they don't do it again after a crash....

Because they are dead.
'

Most cities / villages have ordinances prohibiting skateboarding / rollerblading on city owned property..

Cause if you get hurt, who is liable? Why do you think at most private skate parks have you sign a waiver?

So instead of FRAG the police, why donít you quit breaking the law.

All the outdoor parks out here have SKATE AT YOUR OWN RISK posted, so if you get hurt its on you.

And 2nd of all WHY THE HELL would you skate in a PARKING GARAGE? Do you need to get hit by a car to understand why you should not / cannot skate in a parking garage?

and I donít know about the rest of you.. but if a cop were to tell me to give him something.. as long as it is not ILLEGAL to poses.. you are going to get it back.. you might have to have your parents go get it but thatís how it is..

if you are cool with the cop and are polite .. the chances of getting a ticket / getting arrested are reduced.. you start being a ass expect more problems.

I treat everyone the same to start, and the outcome depends on how they act.



Dude I hope you are kidding, no skate boarder who falls is going to try and blame anyone but themselves. Skateboard laws are just plain dumb and it's one of the reason I quit. Having your board stolen by the cops isn't fun or right.
<div align="center"><img src="http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm220/outlaw-master/logo234.jpg" border="0" class="linked-sig-image" /></div>
<div align="center"><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF00FF--><span style="color:#FF00FF"><!--/coloro-->Lick<!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro--> My<!--coloro:#2E8B57--><span style="color:#2E8B57"><!--/coloro--> Face!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
<!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><a href="http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=167638&hl=" target="_blank">Feedback</a><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
0

#52 User is offline   Thumper113 

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,830
  • Joined: 01-July 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago, Illinois
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:48 PM

its a liability issue, period..

plus a cop taking your board cause you are dumb enough to be skating in a parking garage could save your life one day..

i have had 3 minor accidents in the garage where i work cause some jackass was not paying attention when they were backing out..

now imagine if that were you but on a skateboard when a car pulls out in front of you. car vs. person on skateboard...

look at the big picture dude..

AND usually if a cop takes your board you have to have your parents go pick it up.. so its your choice if you are not going to tell your parents you were skateboarding where you should not have, and a cop took my board...

and if you are 18 you will more then likely just get a ticket. but its all in how you act.. if your going to be a dumbass and talk back to the cop expect a ride downtown.

and usually when something is STOLEN you dont know it has been taken without consent until you cant find it.

and im pretty sure anyone else out there would rather have their drugs "stolen" by the cops instead of going to jail or getting a ticket (depending on how much you have)

same thing with booze if you are underage and dumb enough to get caught.

This post has been edited by SO45615: 25 November 2009 - 01:51 PM

Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.
0

#53 User is offline   The Shepherd 

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,083
  • Joined: 11-November 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Brigade Name:The Shepherd

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:03 PM

I got pulled over. (warning) It was the K9 unit. I love GSDs.
0

#54 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

  • Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 6,841
  • Joined: 02-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So Cal/Alabama
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:50 PM

View PostSO45615, on Nov 25 2009, 02:48 PM, said:

its a liability issue, period..

plus a cop taking your board cause you are dumb enough to be skating in a parking garage could save your life one day..

i have had 3 minor accidents in the garage where i work cause some jackass was not paying attention when they were backing out..

now imagine if that were you but on a skateboard when a car pulls out in front of you. car vs. person on skateboard...

look at the big picture dude..

AND usually if a cop takes your board you have to have your parents go pick it up.. so its your choice if you are not going to tell your parents you were skateboarding where you should not have, and a cop took my board...

and if you are 18 you will more then likely just get a ticket. but its all in how you act.. if your going to be a dumbass and talk back to the cop expect a ride downtown.

and usually when something is STOLEN you dont know it has been taken without consent until you cant find it.

and im pretty sure anyone else out there would rather have their drugs "stolen" by the cops instead of going to jail or getting a ticket (depending on how much you have)

same thing with booze if you are underage and dumb enough to get caught.

Let me explain garage boarding to you...

Its done in an empty parking garage....normally late at night...they are great runs and you can get going really fast in an environment safer than a street because the ground is perfect and there isnt unexpected movement of people, cars what have you.

You say you treat everyone equal yet you being a pretty big douche to him because you dont agree with what hes saying...hmm

Cops will obviously respond to you being nice to them...most of the time pissing off a cop isnt going to get you anywhere and alot of the time being nice can get you out of a ticket/reduced fine...but if a cop takes away your board...goodluck getting it back. Have you ever had anything taken by the police? I have had 2 skateboards taken from me both times we were straightforeward and nice to the cop...they are "lost in evidence" its been over a year for both of them and havent gotten them back.
0

#55 User is offline   Thumper113 

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,830
  • Joined: 01-July 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago, Illinois
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:43 PM

View PostTeddy K, on Nov 25 2009, 08:50 PM, said:

"lost in evidence" its been over a year for both of them and havent gotten them back.

then file a complaint.

next time get the cops badge number.
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.
0

#56 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

  • Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 6,841
  • Joined: 02-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So Cal/Alabama
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:34 PM

View PostSO45615, on Nov 25 2009, 09:43 PM, said:

View PostTeddy K, on Nov 25 2009, 08:50 PM, said:

"lost in evidence" its been over a year for both of them and havent gotten them back.

then file a complaint.

next time get the cops badge number.

Thats not the point it just adds to more stupid stuff you have to deal with because a cop was an poop shooter in the first place...yea I could have gotten his badge number and filed a complaint for $200 worth of skateboards...that wouldnt even leave a smudge on his file or anyone elses...the point was sometimes its easier just to run away or be a dick...if the cop isnt giving respect they dont deserve respect....I have gotten out of several tickets and I have gotten stupid tickets for random things...and im only 18 aha I got a long while left of police hate.
0

#57 User is offline   ck_stalefish 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 84
  • Joined: 07-February 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fruita, CO
  • Brigade Name:ck_stalefish

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:45 PM

I havn't gotten pulled over and I've been driving for a year now, but I do have a related story.

I have lots of respects for cops, but this is suspicious. A couple days ago a girl I knew was drinking and driving, and a cop pulled her over. Other than that not much is known, but the girl wasn't wearing her seatbelt and again, had been drinking so she must have smelled like alcohol. Anyways, the cop let her slide without a ticket or nothing, and 5 minutes later she rolled her SUV, flew out the window and died. Why the cop let her slide nobody really knows yet, but his card with his personal phone number was found in her SUV, and the cop was quoted as saying that she was a very pretty girl...
"The dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible."
T.E. Lawrence, The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
0

#58 User is offline   Thumper113 

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,830
  • Joined: 01-July 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago, Illinois
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:11 PM

View PostTeddy K, on Nov 25 2009, 10:34 PM, said:

im only 18 aha I got a long while left of police hate.


you can hate the cops all you want.. but when someone takes your crap and sells it to a pawn shop.. who gets it back for you and nails the little poo that sold it off??



the cops...






View Postck_stalefish, on Nov 25 2009, 10:45 PM, said:

I havn't gotten pulled over and I've been driving for a year now, but I do have a related story.

I have lots of respects for cops, but this is suspicious. A couple days ago a girl I knew was drinking and driving, and a cop pulled her over. Other than that not much is known, but the girl wasn't wearing her seatbelt and again, had been drinking so she must have smelled like alcohol. Anyways, the cop let her slide without a ticket or nothing, and 5 minutes later she rolled her SUV, flew out the window and died. Why the cop let her slide nobody really knows yet, but his card with his personal phone number was found in her SUV, and the cop was quoted as saying that she was a very pretty girl...

tunnel vision...

look at her chest instead of her face.....

i bet the cop felt like 100 pounds of crap in a 50 pound bag after he found what what happened after he let her go...
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.
0

#59 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

  • Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 6,841
  • Joined: 02-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So Cal/Alabama
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:30 PM

View PostSO45615, on Nov 25 2009, 11:11 PM, said:

you can hate the cops all you want.. but when someone takes your crap and sells it to a pawn shop.. who gets it back for you and nails the little poo that sold it off??



the cops...


Thats the example you use?

I know alot of cops (er 3 and one retiree)...I actually was at a friends house who is a cop yesterday they dont give a poo about little things stolen like that and they rarely do anything about it unless motivated by something else. Police are good for alot of things but they are also huge dicks, the stories I could tell you from what these guys do on a regular basis would blow your mind, cops are good for alot of things but alot of police...just like in the regular world view their job soley as a job...alot of the work force want easy way out and least work as possible...whats easier going around finding kids smoking weed and skateboarding in closed garages...or searching pawn shops, talking to people, filing reports, getting a detective involved. For the most part the police just dont care about you...there are definitely great cops that will help you out but alot of cops are just guys working.
0

#60 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

  • that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,577
  • Joined: 24-February 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto, ON

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:41 PM

View PostSO45615, on Nov 26 2009, 12:11 AM, said:

View PostTeddy K, on Nov 25 2009, 10:34 PM, said:

im only 18 aha I got a long while left of police hate.


you can hate the cops all you want.. but when someone takes your crap and sells it to a pawn shop.. who gets it back for you and nails the little poo that sold it off??



the cops...




I have no problem with cops when they're actually helping. But people having simple fun, not endangering anyone else, are not criminals. I don't care what they're doing, as long as they're not infringing on anyone else's rights, or endangering anyone else, they're not doing anything that the cops should care about IMO. If they do something stupid and mess themselves up, its their own responsibility.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...
0

Share this topic:


  • (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users