• You cannot reply to this topic

OLD 98C M82A1 Shroud question trying to get apex2

#1 User is offline   alexspawn3000 

• †defender of mankind†
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:alexspawn3000

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:56 AM

It's been a long time since I have posted or even played paintball, but the time has come to get back out on the field!

my question is this:

I have the original OPSGEAR M82A1 shroud for my Tippmann 98C. I normally run a 21" barrel for my sniping(concealed shooting for you skeptics :-P ) or a 14" barrel for my "assault" option.

I see Apex came out with the apex 2, which has a much nicer look IMHO and I want to get it! My only problem is, I forgot how much clearance I need for my shroud. (my gun is at home, but I am on watch at work right now (US NAVY). I do, however, have internet while I man the office, and if anyone is awake, do you know the clearance required to get past the shroud? I want to say its either 8" or 10" but I can't remember.

I want to get the new 14" barrel, but if that tip doesn't clear my shroud I will be mad >_<! I do think the 18" option will still look good, however, if I can get the shorter version, why not.

I am an oldschool flatline user (my flatline is on my old gun) but I prefer a regular barrel for "sniping" due to better consistency. I want to go with the apex and play with the "flatline" settings to get that little bit of range with similar accuracy to a regular barrel, and I can always turn it off if the wind bothers the apex spin.

any help will be appreciated. I'm on watch for another hour and a half, then I can go home and actually measure the shroud. I want to order it online now if I can :). I will post pics/guide of the shroud and measurements for future browsers. i believe it is the same dimensions as the A-5 version, if anyone has that too.

Thanks,
Alex
Posted Image
"The gun doesn't MAKE the player, it ENHANCES the player!"
~AleX~

#2 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:46 AM

I have the 98 shroud, the 14" barrel will clear it by 1"

:P

I use a 14" barrel on the shroud also
It looks totally Bad Ass!

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 03 July 2011 - 06:46 AM

#3 User is offline   alexspawn3000 

• †defender of mankind†
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:40 PM

Oh ok, yeah i measured the shroud, has about 8" of clearance.

so you say it clears it by an inch? That should be enough space to pinch the barel to un thread it with the shroud stikll on huh?

do you have a pic by chance? i visualized how cool it will look with the shroud, but would like to see.

And the 14" is a bit cheaper, and i can get better range, with a shorter barrel, win win. And the looks also add a plus, so WIN WIN WIN! :D

thanks,
Alex
Posted Image
~AleX~

#4 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:33 PM

I dont have a pic on me so I shall create your creation, gimmie a minute to get it...

ahahahahah WIN

Posted Image
Posted Image

yea looks like I totally forgot how it looks, you will have lots of clearence.

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 03 July 2011 - 02:43 PM

#5 User is offline   alexspawn3000 

• †defender of mankind†
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:35 PM

wait,

so the apex 2 sits nice and flush with the shroud like that second pic? How do you get your barrel off? do you just twist the apex tip? i assume the tip itself will twist to a certain point, and then stop allowing the barrel threads to loosen?

does that make sense?
Posted Image
~AleX~

#6 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:40 PM

thats my fake silencer, if your APEX barrel is 14" in total then you may have to dig around to find the lenght of the ramp itself.
I'd say there is what..5" if barrel. so if there is only a 4" ramp then your fine, if its a 5" ramp you may be in trouble

edit: yea, if the shroud is 8" from the front of the 98 then you have 6" to the tip of a 14" barrel. as long as you have at least 1" to grab onto barrel then you will be fine.

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 03 July 2011 - 09:42 PM

#7 User is offline   alexspawn3000 

• †defender of mankind†
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:45 AM

that's what i was worried about. 14" barrel - 6" tip = 8" of actual barrel, meaning I would barely have any barrel or not enough to fit the shroud, therefore I will go with the 18" and it will look like a badass sniepr rifle with a silencer, and a boosted range MWUAHAHAH!

I currently use a 21" fluted sniper barrel and i love it. It is so accurate, but it is limited to standard paintball range. I want to try some longball sniping :).

Also my gun is hooked up with a q-loader, so with that apex tip, my gun doubles as an assault rifle/broadsword gun. My q-loader will keep up with any rate of fire, minimizing ball chops, and the apex will allow me to hang back and lay some rounds. I just need a few more q-pods :)

thanks man. I'll get some pics for yah when im done. Oh im thinking of giving my gun a new camo pattern :) maybe tiger stripe?

This post has been edited by alexspawn3000: 04 July 2011 - 09:47 AM

Posted Image
~AleX~

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users