• You cannot reply to this topic

Tips from the Special Forces Rate Topic: ****- 2 Votes

#31 User is offline   Haunted Hunter 

• Vanguard
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Haunted Hunter

Posted 10 December 2006 - 10:39 AM

Gee, even my chopstick guys might be able to pull that off. Thanks.

#32 User is offline   **MayheM** 

• **MayheM**
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:**MayheM**

Posted 20 January 2007 - 01:42 PM

View PostWVPC Commander, on May 18 2005, 08:16 AM, said:

This is a tactic that is used heavily by the U.S. Navy S.E.A.L.s, Delta, and several other S.T.C.T.s (Small Squad Tactical Combat Teams). It is a staple of the Tactics and Maneuver guide and has been a lifesaver many times and is actually the first tactic that I taught my team. To learn this tactic and polish it to near perfection plan to spend a lot of time in the woods with your attack squad and be prepared to be a hard dumper about their timing, speed, and fluidity. This is not an easy tactic to pull off but it works very well in a lot of situations. It can be slightly modified to serve as your go to plan for the fighting retreat, a strong tactic to use when dealing with small pockets of the OpFor, or one large pocket…
(I should note that in order for this tactic to work properly you should play in a fairly heavily wooded area with plenty of underbrush and your team MUST have good camouflage strategies. I also assume a tem man team in all of my tactics)

Shadowboxing:

Theoretically simple shadowboxing derives its name not from the actions of the implementing team, but from the actions of the OpFor. Shadowboxing is a hit and run, guerilla tactic designed to cause confusion and misdirection in the minds of the enemy. This is achieved by using several (3-6) players in a sight line fan formation (Spread out in a line moving quickly through wooded areas but never out of sight of each other). When the OpFor is encountered the line quickly and quietly (QUIETLY) moves into a dual flank (Optimally 3 teams of 2). The Shadowboxing will then begin, players will raise and fire two or three shots before ducking into the brush and disappearing, then one on the right will repeat the maneuver then one on the left. Keep this up, it is confusing, it hides your numbers, and it also happens to create what snipers call a fish in a barrel effect, they will almost always group up and look for the fastest way out, a sniper or anyone with a decent shot for that matter can pick them off one by one, and once they run for it it’s over, there is no honor lost in shooting a man in the back if later he plans to turn around…

As for the adaptations of shadowboxing it can be used on the run, either forwards or backwards to befuddle the OpFor into your exact locations and numbers. Believe me, when the staged and seemingly random fire from several locations while you watch shadows move through the trees is seen by the OpFor Commander he will tally numbers much higher than 5 or 6. It is a great tactic to use in paintball due to the fact that it does not rely on accuracy or individual talent, trust me, 6 rookies can take down a team of B.U.D.S. trainers quickly using this tactic….

Trust ME, every tactic has a counter-tactic, the BUDS trainers have been SEALS for a long time and this tactic is one they'll know inside and out, I wouldn't use it on them if I were you...

Pretty good though, not many people on a paintball field will recognize or be prepared for it...

Attached File  NavyDesert.jpg (69.6K)
Number of downloads: 49
**Mayhem**

"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast"

#33 User is offline   Umbrella Corp. 

• Umbrella Corp. Special Ops unit
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tripwire_sniper

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:42 AM

good information. i printed it off and am making "guidebooks" for the newer players in my group. im trying to "refit" my team because we all left for college. hopefully ill get another good team together and you guys will see us dominating the woodsball fields
Member of the SIGless union member #3. you all wish you could be cool enough to have PUZUMA take away your sig. ;)
as I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil because I am the baddest (my friend) in the valley.
$185/$450- help me get a BB paintjob

#34 User is offline   CCSniper32 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:CCSniper32

Posted 10 February 2007 - 11:54 PM

Great Post. Very good tactics, Keep up the good posts

#35 User is offline   White Rook II 

• Notorious Nogoodnik
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:White Rook II

Posted 23 February 2007 - 11:28 PM

View PostWVPC Commander, on May 18 2005, 05:16 AM, said:

Baiting the shot
Baiting the shot is what you do when there are no flankers, it’s just you, or when it is a bunker to bunker shoot out (My least favorite tactic). What you do is lay down the fire, let them know that you are there, then take cover, allow them to return the fire, wait for a lull and pop off a shot or two. This is a LONG process and requires that you play smarter than the other guys, a one to one shot ratio will not equate to the desired effect.

Seems like a 50-50 chance. I would rather out flank them. Your other tips sound great though.

This post has been edited by Cuthbert: 23 February 2007 - 11:30 PM

Conlige suspectos semper habitos

I love the smell of paintballs in the morning; they smell like...victory!

Tippmann Owners Club #21

#36 User is offline   Delta 9 

• Follow me.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Delta 9

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:50 AM

View PostProfessor Evil, on Jul 9 2006, 03:25 PM, said:

View Postninjanought, on Mar 28 2006, 05:42 PM, said:

Thanx fer the tips man. Now I will truly be a :ph34r: NINJA :ph34r: lol

Someone finaly found a use for the ninja simily... :ph34r:

I would use the ninja smiley more, but it's not a good idea for a ninja to advertise...

Togakure all the way... :ninja:
"Delta 9 to Squad, lock n' load. Let's move out!"

#37 User is offline   rotaidalg 

• rotaidalg
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Rotaidalg

Posted 09 March 2007 - 12:10 AM

Something that worked good during a scenario game a while back was sort of a modified "Ranger Peel" - (used when conducting a fighting withdrawal.)
We knew, based on the scenario parameters that the "enemy" (about 10 to 15 men strong) would need to hug the edge of the playing area to access our rear area. So we staged our guys about 20 meters apart along this edge in heavy cover. Each man was instructed to fire 6 to 10 shots and then break back to the rear. Once he was clear of the field of fire for the next man that man would wait to engage the enemy until a predetermined range. This was repeated through a five player group and while only eliminating 2 of the "attackers" resulted in no losses and allowed the needed delaying action to accomplish the mission - which was actually in another area!
The similarity to the Shadowboxing technique is the confusion caused by short exposure and the use of heavy cover and concealment - it was like a series of mini ambushes.
I was most pleased due to the fact these five guys were totally untrained (mostly newbs) with no military background and it worked so well!
It did require some individual nerve and courage on the part of each player as they had a definite vulnerability during the "withdrawal" (running like crazy!) phase of the tactic.
We weren't after accuracy as much as volume of fire and trying to "suck" the main effort to our area as a distraction. This technique can be used in an endless loop (as long as you don't run out of men or maneuver space!) and really ties up a LOT of attackers!
The attackers vacilate between the "blood lust" of seeing a retreating enemy (shades of the Battle of Hastings!) and the shock of a new "ambush" after their imprudent rush to finish off the "lone" defender. ;) Really bogged them down and was a great "force mutiplier".
"Everything then depends on God's mercy and not what people want or do." (Rom. 9:16)

#38 User is offline   VORTEX 

• "Student of Humanity"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:vortex

Posted 09 March 2007 - 12:19 AM

View Postrotaidalg, on Mar 9 2007, 12:10 AM, said:

...Each man was instructed to fire 6 to 10 shots and then break back to the rear. Once he was clear of the field of fire for the next man that man would wait to engage the enemy until a predetermined range. This was repeated...
Sounds like what I've heard called "leapfrog." Like you said, this is a great one for beginning players as a very effective fighting retreat.

#39 User is offline   BigAfro07 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:BIGAFRO

Posted 21 March 2007 - 03:26 PM

im going to work on that with my team (boy do we need to practice!)
If you live or play in Mississippi message me

#40 User is offline   Nahktiguard 

• They call me BROKEN
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:NahktiGuard

Posted 22 March 2007 - 01:11 PM

Thx for the tactics I've learned from first hand experience (both recieving and dealing it out) that a good suppressing fire can scare someone more than a few well placed shots near their head. When the paintballs come flying over the wall you start to wonder if you really are safe or not, especially if you have suppressing fire coming in from multiple angles
NahktiGuard
Be Careful, the NSA is watching... and so am I.

Courage is often stupidity in the face of danger... But hey, it works.

If Chuck Noris played paintball, he'd have a Spyder (Right before he roundhouse kicks you in the face)

If your parents do not buy you your gear, put this in your sig.
If your skills require no batteries, put this in your sig.

#41 User is offline   JayZilla 

• Hail Mary, full of paint!
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:JayZilla

Posted 07 April 2007 - 11:38 AM

Awesome post, thanks for all the advice. I'm going to print this out and share it with my team mates.
Quick!!! Pull my trigger.

#42 User is offline   shooteronyour6 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Shooteronyour6

Posted 07 April 2007 - 09:38 PM

View PostSAPPER HERC, on Apr 21 2006, 02:57 PM, said:

if you were on line you should have sent one or two guys to break contact and flank. it might have confused enough to back them into a retreat.

The reason Y I quoted the above ^, is simply because what Sapper Herc said was sooo true. Always, Always, Always send atleast 2 players out to flank!
I don't have alot of scenario/woodsball exp. in the traditional sense of being trained. But when I read this, I could not help but post, because this is sooo true! My 3 man sapper team use to drop back, makiing the opfor think we were retreating. Which all we were doing in reality was allowing me or one of my other men to flank them even faster; as 1 would swing wide and forward, while the opfor would advance to the 'mass'. He would let them pass, and about the time he would 'let loose', we would turn, swing wide and usually take them by such a surprise that they'd dive for cover--those that survived, and we'd either pick 'em off, or go around them to complete our mission. Usualy we'd move on, because there were others usually coming to help them by this time, and we figured that if we could draw more away from the primary objective then we could get in easier, and evade on on our terms.
Posted Image
ShooterOnYour6
Got God?
Got Game?
Got Me!

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w60/sho...r6/TooSlick.jpg

#43 User is offline   not creative 

• Not creative enough to make up a good name soo...
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Not Creative

Posted 22 April 2007 - 11:15 AM

That is a really nice technique, our church goes paintballing, we go to a field that has a team there for us to play against. We are always outgunned and outmaneuvered. Hopefully I can try this out. Maybe it could give us an edge.

This post has been edited by not creative: 22 April 2007 - 12:46 PM

My wii friend code is 5654 2857 0342 5798
pm me if you add me.

#44 User is offline   35thsgtpauley 

• S.SGT
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:35th I.D. 134TH Inf. Reg.

Posted 23 April 2007 - 02:58 PM

Attached File  DSC04382.JPG (153.3K)
Number of downloads: 19Nice tips from you the players. As myself I am new to paintballing as well. I am not new to the idea of tactics & of shooting at tango`s and some great idea`s are ambushs.

One I learned well in the service is called an "L" AMBUSH reason for this is because your fire team are layed out in the prone postion (99% of the time ) in the shape of an "L". all you have to do is wait for the tango`s to walk into your kill area and cut as many down without loss on your team.

The proper way to do this is have a hill long enough to support 4-6 men 5 meters apart. Then down on the bottom floor say you`re in a river bottom as long as there`s cover for your team. Anyhow you`ve got you`re guy`s atop in a skirmish line 5 meters apart then the guys on the floor also at 5 meters apart lie prones as well. The bottom half will require around 3-4 men and will make up the bottom half of the letter "L".

The biggest thing that your fire team needs is good cover so that they won`t be detected. So you lie and wait then the other team walks into your kill zone and the guy`s on top wait till the enemy are about 10-15 meters from the bottom of the "L". WAIT for your CO command to fire from the above position and fire away then!

The guy`s on the forest floor are shooting straight ahead into the oncoming patrol, the second half of your "L" fire team on the Ridge are shooting straight ahead also. So that puts the freindlys at your 90 degrees and the enemy are caught between fire coming from 2 differeemt directions. The element of surprise has to be crafted to use. If used correctly 99% of the time you`ll take no casulties and kill the enemy patrol. you`ll find this in your SF RANGERS HANDBOOK OR AS WE CALL THEM FM`S(field manual) on ambush`s and Monkey warfare :) . Just another Idea to toss out there to all hope this helps some of you to kick some serious arse!

Best regards, S.SGT PAULEY 35th I.D. 134th Inf. Reg.

This post has been edited by 35thsgtpauley: 25 April 2007 - 08:21 PM

#45 User is offline   Icevayne 

• orange boxes go here:
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Duke of Destruction

Posted 10 June 2007 - 01:58 PM

great post! :P

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic