Special Ops Paintball: Rap4 Mod Package vs BT Merc vs Spec Ops - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rap4 Mod Package vs BT Merc vs Spec Ops help me choose

Poll: Vest Choice (7 member(s) have cast votes)

What vest will last in durability and in the long run

1. Rap4 Mod Package (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. BT Merc (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

3. Spec Ops (5 votes [71.43%])

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   TeleFragger 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:42 AM

Ok... now i know that a vest is more personal preference.... but looking for peoples personal insight on these....

Ok so i had it all narrowed down.. going to order by hopefully thursday...

was gonna order the
rap4 tac ten mod package
basically tac ten vest with kits to make it all molle... and they give you all molle items with it...
then get the vest pistol holster... all in all shipped is like $180

now a local guy that i have been getting my stuff from said he would go with the BT.. but of course because that is all he sells.. BT everything...

so he said he can do..
merc Vest
4+3 pod on back
tank on back
2 pod on front
pistol holster on front
id pouch
for $180

so each one is identically priced...
however the rap4 people have mentioned quality of the vest lasting.... but this one will come with all molle stuff so could buy a $20 vest later if that happens...
also rap4 comes with few more pouches

so what would you do?
last time i will post about a vest.. PROMISE!!!!! well until next time...

my bro in law has been laid off for a long time.. so i have been picking up stuff for him.... just got a dye 4+1 camo harness for $10....

now the spec ops...
SPECIAL OPS - REFURBISHED OPERATIVE V2 VEST - $16
SPECIAL OPS - VEST BOTTLE PACK - $25
BLACKCELL - 2+1 POD HOLDER - $24 x4 - $95.80
BLACKCELL - MOLLE TPX or TIBERIUS 8/9 HOLSTER - $35
SPECIAL OPS - TRI-SQUARE RADIO POUCH W/MOLLE - $14
__________________________________________________ ____
Total $185.60
looks like a nice vest...
SpecOps Blackcell Operative Vest

for the custom vest builder on specops... im at $277!!!!!

well i understand that you can get a molle vest for $16.... or $22...or even $50 with pod holders that dont come off...
but when you add all the other items to the other vests....then the price goes up...
i know it is not cheap... also only planning on buying once.... so i want something that is going to last...
i got money up from doing side jobs.. so with that said.. i am paying that much for a vest but not really.... doing computer work for people is just using my time... which i got paid for.... i got about $350 coming between 2 people.... so not too shabby... vest is the last thing for me to buy...
the way i work is i get what is needed... if it costs more... then i just simply save and get it..
I did not go out and drop $450 or more on a marker... I have $170 into it where others have TONS into theirs... so i can afford a bit more for a vest...
i need to know will the rap4 hold up over the bt or is the bt a better buy..
I can just buy a vest with nothing and get the pistol holster and a 4 pod pack and a bottle holder.. but im looking for everything.. remove the kitchen sink if i dont need it.. but it is always there to add again if need be....
im also a visual kinda guy.. i like the rap4 pic.. gives an idea what things look like on a person... I dont see that with the specops or bt... so tough to see....
*********Feedback**** click on a link below
-------Specops-------------MCB

#2 User is offline   Steel Tiger 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Steel Tiger

Posted 02 February 2010 - 08:36 AM

You dont have to get molle you know. Vests such as the broadsword and dagger are great vests and run less than $100 bucks. And they're pretty damn durable. I've been using the same vest for over 4 years and it still works perfect.

SpecOps soft good quality far supasses anything else on the market that i've seen or used. And i've used all the vests you have listed above.

Pods on the front may seem like a good idea... untill you try to crawl with them on there. I dont suggest them.

In conclusion, I would say go with a broadsword or the dagger. They're both great and much cheaper than your other options.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   TeleFragger 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:10 AM

View PostSteel Tiger, on Feb 2 2010, 10:36 AM, said:

You dont have to get molle you know. Vests such as the broadsword and dagger are great vests and run less than $100 bucks. And they're pretty damn durable. I've been using the same vest for over 4 years and it still works perfect.

SpecOps soft good quality far supasses anything else on the market that i've seen or used. And i've used all the vests you have listed above.

Pods on the front may seem like a good idea... untill you try to crawl with them on there. I dont suggest them.

In conclusion, I would say go with a broadsword or the dagger. They're both great and much cheaper than your other options.

that is why i narrowed down to those 3... forget price right now... dont really care about that part..
but i do want a vest where EVERYTHING comes off... for the exact reason you just said....

more than likely when i go to play locally.... i will be using nothing but a 3 or 4 pod holder on the back and tank on back..... that is it..

however if I decide to do one of these all day events.... then can loadup and go.... carry plenty of ammo.... even put a water bottle or 2 in the pod holders (not really up for the camel bag...)

so you have used ALL of the ones i listed.... im really leaning towards the rap4... what is it that you dont like about the rap4?
some just dont like how they do business... others say price..but both of them are no biggie to me....

#4 Guest_MOATI_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:51 AM

I'm absolutely 100% biased of course...but if quality is what's most important to you, I'll put my stuff up against anything out there, and when you're talking about ones that are outsourced overseas...our quality and durability will blow them away...and I'll back that statement up by taking care of it down the road. We used to outsource our biggest sellers but we're now made completely in the USA right here where I can maintain complete control over quality. I have Special Forces guys and police departments purchasing our products for real world use...and we make our paintball gear to the same standards.

#5 User is offline   TeleFragger 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:16 AM

View PostMOATI, on Feb 2 2010, 11:51 AM, said:

I'm absolutely 100% biased of course...but if quality is what's most important to you, I'll put my stuff up against anything out there, and when you're talking about ones that are outsourced overseas...our quality and durability will blow them away...and I'll back that statement up by taking care of it down the road. We used to outsource our biggest sellers but we're now made completely in the USA right here where I can maintain complete control over quality. I have Special Forces guys and police departments purchasing our products for real world use...and we make our paintball gear to the same standards.

you know that definitely is a plus.... this whole.. just one vest quest i have had has been difficult for me....

i want top quality that wont kill the wallet..... the rap4... you can see it all on their pic but that doesnt say anything about how long it will last...

so if i go with the specop vest.... is there a pistol holster (tiberius t8) that has the mag holder on it for the vest?

p.s. no biggie about being biased.... that is cool you even posted up as some others try not to take that step of faith but i appreciate that!!!!

#6 Guest_MOATI_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:23 AM

View PostTeleFragger, on Feb 2 2010, 10:16 AM, said:

View PostMOATI, on Feb 2 2010, 11:51 AM, said:

you know that definitely is a plus.... this whole.. just one vest quest i have had has been difficult for me....

i want top quality that wont kill the wallet..... the rap4... you can see it all on their pic but that doesnt say anything about how long it will last...

so if i go with the specop vest.... is there a pistol holster (tiberius t8) that has the mag holder on it for the vest?

p.s. no biggie about being biased.... that is cool you even posted up as some others try not to take that step of faith but i appreciate that!!!!

The vest builder isn't always the best way to go when you have a big build. It works great for 95% of the builds but sometimes it's better to just get a quote from me. Email me with exactly what you want and I'll give you a custom quote.

#7 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:48 AM

The biggest plus about Special Ops soft goods is going to be their Customer Service... followed closely by quality. Even if something happens to the quality of your item, their customer service will take care of it. Good luck talking directly to the guy who oversees the construction of the BT vest like you can w/ MO. So if you are willing to pay for quality, might as well be the kind that is backed up.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#8 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:58 PM

i HAD a flurry vest to start.. it always hurt my back, the pods and tank were Velcro on the back.. the vest was always riding up and choking me when i had a full load... finally spent the $$ and got the dagger and it was the best investment in the sport for me to this day.

the dagger vest i got 6 or so years ago still serves well today.

This post has been edited by SO45615: 02 February 2010 - 09:59 PM

Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#9 User is offline   callsignmars 

• ANAMAL RUSH IMMINENT
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:ANAMAL

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:35 PM

i'm a happy dagger 7 user myself, but that's already ruled out.

if you want a great modular paintball vest, go straight for the new line of Broadsword IX. it has about everything you're gonna need right out the gate, and the entire front is modular so you can have just as much or as little as you want at any given time. i have had amazing experiences with the quality of SpecOps. it will be the last vest you'd ever buy.

now, that said, a BT merc vest is not bad for what you want either. do bear in mind however, that there are military grade MOLLE vests available friggin' everywhere that will do the same thing for cheaper and will last just as long. military grade soft goods are second only to custom (yes, i am saying S.O. is better than milspec).

as for RAP4..... bluntly, they forgot the C. i have seen people run the newer stuff, but usually they have to modify it themselves to keep everything on the stupid thing. velcro pouches and pods end with spilled paint and misplaced pods and many more hits then you wanted. plus, its harder to keep clean and functional when dirt gets in there. i would prefer to use an old surplus Y-harness and ALICE M16 pouches. rant over.

at the end of the day, Spec Ops is your friend.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users