Ultimate Sniper Tactics I DID NOT WRITE THIS Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

#31 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 18 November 2007 - 10:26 PM

View PostMatt57, on Nov 18 2007, 06:45 PM, said:

Great post, very helpfull, just one thing, you said that you should be weaaring a ghuilli suit (spelt that correctly?), then you said to try and conceal the fact that you are a sniper. How would you do that if your wearing the suit? Is there a way to do it? I honestly need to know. I was planning on becoming a sniper, so this would be a great help.

First of all, a sniper isn't going to work for every situation. For the typical, short, walk-on games or rounds most people play, fielding a sniper is impractical. Even in longer games, you may have to make some accommodations to field a sniper.

In the military, a sniper usually hikes out into the field with a squad, breaks off at some point and inserts. The sniper conceals his ghillie in a pack and suits up in the field with the squad under deep cover, or sometime after break off, again, under deep cover. If at least a couple of other players are carrying packs, the sniper's pack is less conspicuous. In scenario games, many players carry packs, so a player isn't automatically detected as a sniper just because he's the only one carrying a pack. In games where I knew in advance I would play the sniper, I carried my ghillie in an ALICE, but since almost everyone else was wearing a pack of some kind, that didn't alert anyone to my role. In games when I was asked to play unexpectedly, I have a couple of sniper veils and camo paint sticks that I make do with.

Now, if you're playing shorter games, the team(s) can still field a sniper if both sides agree to allow the sniper(s) to pre-insert a few minutes before everyone else, and then start the game. Some people have an issue with this because they think this is an unfair advantage to the sniper, but in the real world, it is common for snipers to pre-insert as much as weeks before regular ground forces, to provide recon, secure an AO, or just get into position to wait for the enemy. If people are opposed to the idea, have them at least try it once, I think they'll find it adds a lot of tension, a unique challenge, and a change of pace to the plain old capture the flag and total elimination games. Speaking of total elimination games, we usually play that if a sniper is the last man standing, it is not a win unless the last person eliminated was also a sniper, since we feel the primary objectives of a sniper are supporting the team objectives...if the team fails to meet objectives, the game is lost, and the sniper is no longer of any value. Again, the exception we play is if the last player on both teams are snipers. Time has run out in our games before the snipers found each other. If the teams in the dead box realize the sniper is the last man out, they call him in so everybody can play some more.

You can also complicate things a little further by assigning priority or designated targets, and some value to those eliminations. You can use different color tapes, tags, tag shapes, a hat/helmet, uniforms, rank insignia, etc. to distinguish higher value players. Decide ahead of time what effect or value elimination of particular players has to the outcome of the game. For example, you could field two 5 player teams and a 6th on each as a sniper. Elimination of a player designated as the commander/or priority package could equal 5 points, and all other players including the opposing sniper 1 point. Set up the field of play so that each team must pass each other somewhere on the way to their objective, and also pass the sniper. The first team to their objective scores 5 points. The first team to 5 points in any situation wins. There's a few ways to get to 5 points and win, so the strategy changes from game to game. You can see the potential tension being a little flexible and creative can add to woodsball play. Have fun...we do! :happy:
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#32 User is offline   slayermaster 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:slayermaster

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:42 PM

this inspired me so much i was looking for sniper tactics now im gunna go to my gym more i go twice a week and im gunna set up a sniper coarse in my backyard thank u!!!!!

#33 User is offline   AOMarine117 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 05 January 2008 - 12:09 AM

thank you very much, i am new and have been in the process of becoming a sniper since i could think of it. this has helped. but, i must question, is a grenade really needed by a sniper? i can only see it as being some extra weight...

#34 User is offline   cowboy#9 

• you cant see me but i can see you
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:cowboy#9

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:53 AM

great info def goin to try some of that next time i play
"tippman rocks, if you think the same, put this in your sig"
"if the first thing you would grab if your house was on fire is your paintball gear, put this in your sig"
"if you love paintball more then your relatives, put this in your sig"
"if you are addicted to paintball, put this in your sig"
"if you are a christian paintballer add this to your sig "

#35 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:17 AM

I've never been this excited to use sniper tactics, I read them all the time but never use them. I HATE WINTER,I'm having withdrawals.
-Ty ;)

#36 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:18 AM

View PostAOMarine117, on Jan 5 2008, 02:09 AM, said:

thank you very much, i am new and have been in the process of becoming a sniper since i could think of it. this has helped. but, i must question, is a grenade really needed by a sniper? i can only see it as being some extra weight...

If you're really close up to a group of opfor, and they haven't noticed you, then you can silent lob a grenade at them from a concealed position, no shots fired, 3-4 down. I'm sure there are plenty of other reasons too.
Ty ;)

This post has been edited by Ty29: 18 February 2008 - 11:19 AM

#37 User is offline   John Greene 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:deerkiller69

Posted 31 May 2008 - 11:38 AM

hey guys what is your favorite sniper setup. :ghillie:
Nickname: Sniper Dream (Alpha 4)
Motto: Trying is the first step to failure
Position: Sniper
Team Name: Assassins

#38 User is offline   cRosSfIR3 

• Ben G
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CROSSFIR3

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:08 AM

wow this was excellent read. im a mediocre sniper. I was reading the stalking part and i could play the whole scene out in my head. thanks for that post!
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. If you're one of the few that stay true to progressive metal/classic rock, put this in your signature!
"Nobody has to be a hero...it just sometimes turns out that way"
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#39 User is offline   buckshot 00 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:buckshot 00

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:49 AM

alot of the stuff was from the military expecialy with the crawling. good poast!

#40 User is offline   ghilliewarrior 

• Team Sniper/Commander
  • Pip

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:46 AM

Good post. As a sniper there are many ways to play. You can go Lone Wolf or you can team up with a squad and provide flanks or even relay field information. If you choose to go with a squad, have them apply a base of fire to get their attention drawn away from you. When it seems safe to do so, move up to the opponents flank or rear and take single shots. Wait after your shot to minimize detection. Also, Im sure everyone has heard this once or twice but its true, Wait until your opponents have their backs to you!! It is much harder to be detected this way. If you are going Lone Wolf then I would bring a spotter. (Yes I realize this wouldnt truly make you a Lone Wolf but roll with me.) Think about it, if you come across a group of say 10 guys and you know you won't be able to eliminate them all without being eliminated yourself then what do you do? Well, if you have a spotter then you can take as many out as possible, then when you feel like your position has been compromised have your spotter lay down covering fire to get you out of that sticky situation while maybe getting even more eliminations. After you have retreated, find a new area, wait a little bit, and start the process over. Spotters are also helpful to find the enemy when you cant (hence the name spotter). The other thing you can do as a sniper is relay information to the general or captain of your squad. If you take this route then you will want to be alone to have the smallest chance of detection. To do this you will want to be deep in the enemy territory so you will have a higher chance of being eliminated. But, if you succeed you can gain VALUABLE information for your team. Whatever way you wanna play is your choice, just have fun! :laugh:

#41 User is offline   D.B.D 

• Snipar4
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Snipar4

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:54 AM

Being a sniper, I have looked for different ways of crawling and such, sure I did everyone of those, but a technique used that can only work is if you have a gun strap or a way to keep the gun on your back.

It's the Marine crawl:
1: Your on all fours hands and tips of toes
2: Make sure to bend your knees a little
3: Move one appendage at a time and it's sort of moving like a spider
4: it's extremely quiet but as I said before, if you don't have a way of keeping your gun on your back it shoots silence and movement out of the air...

:(
Aim for anything that is visible, most of my shots are either leg, elbow or head... that is if you see me first.

#42 User is offline   Agnoeo 

• The lunatics are in my head
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:19 AM

Keep on the tips of toes? Meaning your heels are in the air or off to the side? In any kind of weapons training I've been to(Which isn't much at all lol) They tell you to keep your feet flat on the side, heels and your butt out of the air.

Good way to crawl if you can is be flat one the ground, bring one knee up as far as you can to your side while keeping it flat, and reach with your hands pulling and push with your foot, keeping your head to the side if you want. Keeps from scratching my mask up and dust out of my eyes.

Really the extra inch or two from having your heel in the air wont matter too much, but if you're really wanting to conceal yourself, I would think every little inch you can keep closer to the ground would help. Also I think its easier to crawl that way once your used to it. Uses more leg muscle more than your ankle which can tired more easily.

I've shot a couple who exposed just enough for a paintball to hit and break.
III - One Ball, One Shot, One Kill South East Brigade Patches Coming Soon! Special Ops Pump Crew
So if a pilot scratches his multi million dollar F22, does that raise his auto insurance rates?? -Legato

#43 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 06 June 2009 - 04:35 PM

View PostAgnoeo, on Jun 2 2009, 02:19 PM, said:

Keep on the tips of toes? Meaning your heels are in the air or off to the side? In any kind of weapons training I've been to(Which isn't much at all lol) They tell you to keep your feet flat on the side, heels and your butt out of the air.

Good way to crawl if you can is be flat one the ground, bring one knee up as far as you can to your side while keeping it flat, and reach with your hands pulling and push with your foot, keeping your head to the side if you want. Keeps from scratching my mask up and dust out of my eyes.

Really the extra inch or two from having your heel in the air wont matter too much, but if you're really wanting to conceal yourself, I would think every little inch you can keep closer to the ground would help. Also I think its easier to crawl that way once your used to it. Uses more leg muscle more than your ankle which can tired more easily.

I've shot a couple who exposed just enough for a paintball to hit and break.

The lowest crawl is done flat on your stomach, head down, heels in and down, with toes out. The sniper inches forward by pulling himself along with fingertips and pushing with toes simultaneously. Requires good physical conditioning and the most patience.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#44 User is offline   D.B.D 

• Snipar4
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Snipar4

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:53 AM

My apologies, but I forgot to edit it before posting it, that crawl works great if about 3 foot high brush, sure you can do that crawl on the ground, which I have done a lot of times, but if you don't want to be on the ground for an hour as all your teammates get out, it's quicker and quieter...

You can argue: "Sniper is about patience and tolerance and not rushing into a firefight" than go ahead, but if your trying to keep your friends alive as long as possible by getting in some backdoor action (i.e. numbers help a lot in any battle) this move would work great.

As for you Agnoeo, you can actually do both, whichever is more comfortable, but when crawling on your stomach your dragging your chest and belly disturbing a lot of material making more noise, some situtations it works, other times it dosen't...
Aim for anything that is visible, most of my shots are either leg, elbow or head... that is if you see me first.

#45 User is offline   Shadowolf 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:WOLF SHADOW

Posted 31 December 2009 - 08:18 PM

Dudes I just have to say thank you to everyone for providing all of this information. Im a rookie sniper and just reading these posts have already greatly increased my game. Thanks

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users